Please add core mastery points to living world season one

Kolzi.5928

16 hours ago, Aelin.9317 said:

Newbie here and I do have troubles with the core tyria masteries. I didn't have enough and could not find enough to finish the pact commander line so I had to swap to leveling others so I was not stuck with a full bar gaining nothing from my events etc. I see some mastery points on maps but when I go to them they are grey and I cannot do anything. 

So right now I have 4 points saved for that one and I really don't know where I will get the other four. I have not touched fractals, I still don't really know what they are. 

I ended up settling on continuing my story and I will just have to come back to the core ones later and hope I don't cap out in the mean time. It does not feel very good though, having some in season one would be helpful. It's not world ending not having more points at this point but it feels poopy if I cannot always be earning exp towards something, since this aspect I really like about GW2. I am always working towards something no matter what I do and I really like that. 

I am up to HoT now and I had a look at the extra points from season 2 and some of those achievements are hard .-. I am not sure I can do them, I will try but I think I will just get stuck. I will say I am preferring HoT for mastery points so far, it's fun to find them as I am exploring. I bumped into quite a few without trying it was fun!

I think those greyed out mastery points you can't see migth be DRM ones, belonging to icebrood saga masteries: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mastery_point_unlocks#Icebrood_Saga_mastery_points

If you're looking for core mastery points press H -> Achievements tab -> Filetrs (cog wheel next to search bar) -> Add mastery point filter -> Add core mastery point filter. That will show you your still available core mastery points. Some masteries are harder than the others, but then again they are mastery points. If they were supposed to just naturally fall into your lap in sync with xp you're getting then they might as well not exist.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

On 9/24/2022 at 2:46 AM, Aelin.9317 said:

I have not touched fractals, I still don't really know what they are. 

Fractals are 5-man instanced content, technically what most games would call dungeons, but with different difficulty levels that add and change instance mechanics. Check the wiki for more information, or just go to LA and ask in map chat and/or lfg for people to join you in your fractal exploration. The lower level (1-25) fractals really are a good place to start out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

While waiting for an (unlikely) implementation of additional MP in core Tyria, consider trying some T1 fractals. In the end, being "forced" to try them for some achievement point, may also surprise you with some good content. In the past (not sure if it's still the case) we were forced to kill a raid boss, to unlock a mastery track (I think it's hidden now, so people can still gain the shard for levelling).

There are some achievement points that can be gained even in solo, in t1 fractal, if someone is particularly scared to play in group. Killing all the mobs in Solid Ocean for example is very doable in solo. Holo-Hornpipe is also doable in solo; Out of Cluck is doable but maybe not for a new player with a squishy build.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 1 month later...

At the very least, it would be nice to find a way to still reward players beyond basic event rewards when they have exp but no points for the mastery completion available, so they're not "stuck". When I run into this, it often feels like I'm wasting my time--fully complete tracks give rewards, so it would be nice to have something similar with smaller rewards for incomplete "stuck" masteries.

I definitely hear the issue that some people have with core completion. I've gotten through other areas far faster than the core content. One of the features I like about the game is that there are a lot of ways that you can level up, even solo. I feel like this is reflected in a lot of the HoT/PoF content as far as masteries go, but less so in the central Tyria/core content where more masteries require a group or are quite difficult without one. It would be nice to add more options, especially options that are outside of PvP/WvW/fractals that would be easier for newer players and those who don't have a guild/play group. Personally, I don't think the PvP area masteries are too difficult to complete, even if you're new, but I personally often avoid it just because of all the trashtalk. Unless you're into that sort of thing, I can see that being pretty off-putting to newcomers. It doesn't exactly show off the highlights of the community or the game. I've also noticed that some days it's just difficult to find a good group for things, especially if you have limited play time.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

There are more than enough excess central Tyria mastery points to give players a choice in which to unlock if they decide that they want to complete all of the mastery tracks.

Earlier in this thread someone attempted to argue against all of the Fractal ones because they don't feel that new players should be doing them including those in the first tier.  We all did them in exotics a few months after the game released and they are level 80 content.  Also, if they're not doing fractals, why do they need the fractal masteries?

That same person brought up story spoilers.  What's the rush to get them all before doing the story?

They even crossed off what we get from world completion.  If not doing world completion, why do they need the legendary masteries?

It just seems like they were looking for any excuse to quickly dismiss the available mastery points no matter how weak that excuse may be.  Why should this be the first thing that new players do over the other content including the story?

Edited by mythical.6315
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

43 minutes ago, danfenton.7329 said:

At the very least, it would be nice to find a way to still reward players beyond basic event rewards when they have exp but no points for the mastery completion available, so they're not "stuck". When I run into this, it often feels like I'm wasting my time--fully complete tracks give rewards, so it would be nice to have something similar with smaller rewards for incomplete "stuck" masteries.

I definitely hear the issue that some people have with core completion. I've gotten through other areas far faster than the core content. One of the features I like about the game is that there are a lot of ways that you can level up, even solo. I feel like this is reflected in a lot of the HoT/PoF content as far as masteries go, but less so in the central Tyria/core content where more masteries require a group or are quite difficult without one. It would be nice to add more options, especially options that are outside of PvP/WvW/fractals that would be easier for newer players and those who don't have a guild/play group. Personally, I don't think the PvP area masteries are too difficult to complete, even if you're new, but I personally often avoid it just because of all the trashtalk. Unless you're into that sort of thing, I can see that being pretty off-putting to newcomers. It doesn't exactly show off the highlights of the community or the game. I've also noticed that some days it's just difficult to find a good group for things, especially if you have limited play time.

You do get rewarded with a spirit shard each time you gain a level when your stuck with masteries and that is the same thing you get when all are maxed out.

What you dont see is the exp bar move since its hidden by the fully trained mastery bar.

• Like 2

Just now, Linken.6345 said:

You do get rewarded with a spirit shard each time you gain a level when your stuck with masteries and that is the same thing you get when all are maxed out.

What you dont see is the exp bar move since its hidden by the fully trained mastery bar.

And then there are people who sit on them without converting them and others who complain that they have no use for them.

• Confused 1

This forum is horrible when trying to make a long post.  I almost wish I did this in Word or notepad first.

Masteries:

• Pact Commander - Need 19 mastery points to complete
  • Legendary Commander - Need 19 mastery points to complete
  • Fractal Attunement - Need 11 mastery points to complete

Mastery Unlocks:

Total of 49 mastery points needed to unlock all

Easy to Moderate

1. Koutalophile collection.  There's 21 spoons and a detailed wiki guide on how to obtain them.
  2. Karka Queen Killer.  This boss gets killed across multiple instances every time that it's up.
  3. Ruler of Shinies.  Fairly easy.  Maps often hit tier 4 without any real effort.
  4. Dive Master.  There's a wiki guide for this as well as numerous YouTube videos.
  5. Lion's Arch Exterminator.  There's a wiki guide for this as well as numerous YouTube videos.
  6. Carrier Cacophony.  Fairly easy to do even if it takes a couple tries.
  7. Fancy Footwork.  Very easy.
  8. Flawless Fins Foil Foes.  May take a few tries but not really that bad. 
  9. Hollow Victory.  You'll need to have progressed through fractals but it's fairly easy to once you get up to that level.
  10. Holo-Hornpipe.  Easy.  Just use the /dance emote when you get to them.
  11. Hop, Skip, and Jump.  Easy.  You can take a mesmer/thief portal, wait for others to kill them, use stability, or maybe a couple other methods.
  12. Horrik's Horror.  Pretty easy.
  13. If We Only Had Marshmallows.  Very easy.
  14. Open Grave.  Very easy.  Can even be done solo.
  15. Out of Cluck.  Very easy.  Can even be done solo.
  16. Shockwave Skipper.  I'd consider this easy to moderate. 
  17. Subject 6 Deep-Sixer.  Easy to moderate.  The hardest thing about it is getting players not to mess it up.
  18. Take a Bow.  Very easy.
  19. The Floor Is Lava. Don't Step In It.  Very easy.
  20. Been There, Done That.  Worth doing at least once.   Can be done over time.
  21. Dungeons Discovered.  Worth doing for the story so so that you can open the explorable paths.
  22. Master of Heroics.  You'll eventually get this without trying.
  23. Personal Story Chapter 1.  Worth doing for the story.
  24. Personal Story Chapter 2.  Worth doing for the story.
  25. Personal Story Chapter 3.  Worth doing for the story.
  26. Personal Story Chapter 4.  Worth doing for the story.
  27. Personal Story Chapter 5.  Worth doing for the story.
  28. Personal Story Chapter 6.  Worth doing for the story.
  29. Personal Story Chapter 7.  Worth doing for the story.
  30. Personal Story Chapter 8.  Worth doing for the story.
  31. Hidden Garden.  Very easy with mesmer portals and especially with access to griffon/skyscale.
  32. Mastery insights 1.  Very easy.
  33. Mastery insights 2.  Very easy.
  34. Mastery insights 3.  Very easy.
  35. Mastery insights 4.  Very easy.
  36. Mastery insights 5.  Very easy.
  37. Mastery insights 6.  Very easy.
  38. Mastery insights 7.  Very easy.
  39. Mastery insights 8.  Very easy.
  40. Mastery insights 9.  Very easy.
  41. Slaughter in the Swamp.  Very easy.  Just join at the post-reset run.
  42. Tequatl the Sunless.  Fairly easy.  Just do Teq daily each day and work on it over time.
  43. Go for the Gold.  There are guides.  Trivial with gliding and/or mounts.
  44. Retrospective Runaround.  Easy with a guide.
  45. Transfer Tracer.  Easy with a guide.

LS2 story locked

I'm listing these separately even though I don't find any of them to be unreasonable.  Either about $16 or 445G for the entire season.  It's something that you were probably going to get anyway if you plan to continue on with the story post LS1.

1. "Echoes of the Past" Mastery
  2. Echoes of the Past
  3. "Entanglement" Mastery
  4. Entanglement
  5. "Gates of Maguuma" Mastery
  6. Gates of Maguuma
  7. "Point of No Return" Mastery
  8. Point of No Return
  9. Bioluminescence
  10. "Seeds of Truth" Mastery
  11. Seeds of Truth
  12. "Tangled Paths" Mastery
  13. Tangled Paths
  14. "The Dragon's Reach, Part 1" Mastery
  15. The Dragon's Reach, Part 1
  16. "The Dragon's Reach, Part 2" Mastery
  17. The Dragon's Reach, Part 2

Possibly challenging

1. Amber Wurmslayer.  There are guilds dedicated to doing these but I'm not sure how successful they are as I haven't participated in one since 2018.
  2. Cobalt Wurmslayer.  There are guilds dedicated to doing these but I'm not sure how successful they are as I haven't participated in one since 2018.
  3. Crimson Wurmslayer.  There are guilds dedicated to doing these but I'm not sure how successful they are as I haven't participated in one since 2018.
  4. Conservation of Magic.  This one isn't difficult but I listed it here due to the challenge of completing the parts that need other players.
  5. The Emperor's New Wardrobe.   High gold cost due to the Tier 3 sets.
  6. Weapons Tester.  Putting this here because people in general have difficulties avoiding telegraphed attacks.
  7. Justice of the Blade.  This one isn't difficult but I listed it here due to the challenge of completing the parts that need other players.
  8. Nightmare Fractal.  Listing it here because one of the achievements needed is the CM.
  9. Ambrite Weapon Collection.  Takes a lot of time but putting here because you need people to complete it in a reasonable amount of time.
  10.  Fractal Master.  Time consuming.
  11.  Gold Fractal Master.  Even more time consuming.
  12. Shattered Observatory Fractal.  Requires CM.
  13. Sunqua Peak Fractal.  Requires CM.
  14. The Annihilator. Listing here because of the RNG nature of the spawns.
  15. The Be-All and the End-All. Listing here because of the RNG nature of the spawns.
  16. The Demolisher. Listing here because of the RNG nature of the spawns.
  17. The Executioner. Listing here because of the RNG nature of the spawns.
  18. The Tormentor.  Listing here because of the RNG nature of the spawns.
  19. Triple Trouble.  Difficult to get people for this and I don't know how active the groups that do this are.
  20. Wurmicidal Maniac.  Difficult to get people for this and I don't know how active the groups that do this are.
  21. Ascended Accoutrement. I think this will cost around 500G. If you play a character from each armor weight then it’s worth doing. 

So in conclusion, out of the 49 mastery points that you need, you have around 60 to pick from that are not very demanding.

Edited by mythical.6315
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 11/23/2022 at 5:54 PM, mythical.6315 said:

Easy

1. Koutalophile collection.  There's 21 spoons and a detailed wiki guide on how to obtain them.
  2. Carrier Cacophony.  Fairly easy to do even if it takes a couple tries.
  3. Fancy Footwork.  Very easy.
  4. Flawless Fins Foil Foes.  May take a few tries but not really that bad. 
  5. Hollow Victory.  You'll need to have progressed through fractals but it's fairly easy to once you get up to that level.
  6. Holo-Hornpipe.  Easy.  Just use the /dance emote when you get to them.
  7. Hop, Skip, and Jump.  Easy.  You can take a mesmer/thief portal, wait for others to kill them, use stability, or maybe a couple other methods.
  8. Horrik's Horror.  Pretty easy.
  9. If We Only Had Marshmallows.  Very easy.
  10. Open Grave.  Very easy.  Can even be done solo.
  11. Out of Cluck.  Very easy.  Can even be done solo.
  12. Subject 6 Deep-Sixer.  Easy to moderate.  The hardest thing about it is getting players not to mess it up.
  13. Take a Bow.  Very easy.
  14. The Floor Is Lava. Don't Step In It.  Very easy.
  15. Dungeons Discovered.  Worth doing for the story so so that you can open the explorable paths.
  16. Go for the Gold.  There are guides.  Trivial with gliding and/or mounts.

I firmly disagree with these being easy. Most of these need reliance on others, and you shouldn't label something easy because "you can get someone else to do it". And the spoon one requires going into WvW and not everyone's gonna enjoy even stepping foot into WvW.

Some I would label as Medium/Moderate, but they definitely won't be "very easy" for everyone, even if the achievement itself is easy like Take a Bow, you still need to complete group content that relies on the quality of four other players to get there, and not everyone is up for group content. Plus dungeons are pretty dead, hard to get groups for (and no "just lfg" doesn't work, I've gone to help folks who waited 2 hours for folks to fill their lfg). And yeah, sure, "MMO" and all that, but MMOs are just social single players when you actually stop and think about it, especially GW2.

It really sounds like you're labeling this based on your personal experience as a regular fractal runner and veteran of the content and using the excuse of "oh you can use third party guides to figure this annoying stuff out" - which is horrible mentality to hold.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

8 hours ago, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

I firmly disagree with these being easy. Most of these need reliance on others, and you shouldn't label something easy because "you can get someone else to do it". And the spoon one requires going into WvW and not everyone's gonna enjoy even stepping foot into WvW.

Some I would label as Medium/Moderate, but they definitely won't be "very easy" for everyone, even if the achievement itself is easy like Take a Bow, you still need to complete group content that relies on the quality of four other players to get there, and not everyone is up for group content. Plus dungeons are pretty dead, hard to get groups for (and no "just lfg" doesn't work, I've gone to help folks who waited 2 hours for folks to fill their lfg). And yeah, sure, "MMO" and all that, but MMOs are just social single players when you actually stop and think about it, especially GW2.

It really sounds like you're labeling this based on your personal experience as a regular fractal runner and veteran of the content and using the excuse of "oh you can use third party guides to figure this annoying stuff out" - which is horrible mentality to hold.

Have you actually looked at these and what they require?  Or are you blindly dismissing it because it doesn’t fit your narrative?  One example being you dismissing the Take a Bow achievement. You making completing a level 5 fractal as something that isn't easy is just ridiculous.  Something simply requiring there to be other players does not by itself make something not easy.  That's just an excuse.  The same goes for the WvW one which is a drop from NPC's.

I haven't really done fractals since before PoF except for when new ones came out so please don't make baseless assumptions about me.  I looked at what it would take to complete those mastery points in their entirety and not just the specific thing that you have to do to earn them.  The stuff I stated there were guides for were the scavenger hunts as well as the JP.  Let's be honest, the majority of players resort to using guides for one thing or another.

If you disagree with this then by all means go achievement by achievement and state your reasons why.  I put in the effort to do that and so can you.

Edited by mythical.6315
  • Like 3
  • Confused 3

I certainly wouldn't mind them adding Masteries to LWS1 stories.  I have 6 left to get and all the ones I have left require me to get lucky with groups or aren't possible for me to do on my own, either because I generally suck at doing what the game asks or because it would take me an outrageously long time to do or get gold for.

--

Got a confused so I'll elaborate:

tldr:  I don't get a lot of time to dedicate during weekdays and I suck at general gameplay to the point I have to be carried for any speed related challenge.

Any Mastery that requires me to do a Jumping Puzzle, doesn't matter how the JP is involved, if I have to do it to get to it, it'll take me at minimum 6 hours to get half way through on my own.  I am absolutely terrible at JPs, even the simple ones.  Hard ones are torture on the Mesmer I end up getting to help me and I am not surprised when they bail because I'm an absolute failure.

World Boss related, I would need to get groups to do  said boss and be able to finish the event.  So like the Worms, Amber, Crimson, and Cobalt since I've tried them multiple times, I have been fairly unlucky and either not gotten enough people there to start or had enough but have failed the fights.  Have attempted these 7 times the past week and have failed all 7.  So I need to get lucky and get a group that can do it.

Anything that takes time to do, takes me a lot longer since I have roughly only an hour to play on weekdays, this starts from the moment I get home and logging in can eat up a large chunk of it depending on where I logged out sometimes.  Like if I logged out in Lion's Arch or EotN...I'll get like maybe 20 mins of actual play time.  JPs are absolutely out of the question during normal weekdays.

Collection based like the spoons achievement, I don't think I'll be able to complete it since luck is a large part for the last few spoons and my luck is abysmal.

Story mastery ones, any that require me to kill x in x time isn't something I can do unless I have someone else with me to do most of the heavy lifting.  I wouldn't have any of these if not for a friend that got me to play GW2.  Depending on what other challenges are, my chances of getting the achievements vary from extremely low to moderate for combat ones.  A lot of dodge mechanic ones are easy fails for me.  So Fractal ones where its dodge traps/shockwaves/boss skills are borderline unobtainable for me.

Edited by Xanhawk.3806
longwinded reason with tldr
  • Like 2
  • Confused 4

On 11/23/2022 at 11:54 PM, mythical.6315 said:

Masteries:

• Pact Commander - Need 19 mastery points to complete
  • Legendary Commander - Need 19 mastery points to complete
  • Fractal Attunement - Need 11 mastery points to complete

Pact Commander: you need it, and you can easily get it with 8 Pers. Story, 9 map Insights, kill karka and kill teq.

Fractal Attunement: If you don't go to fractals you don't need it, if you do it's easily done in low level fraktals

Legendary Crafting: If you find the masteries to hard, you don't want that one 🙂 Additionally crafting Gen-1 Precursors is mostly a waste of money nowadays, as most are cheaper to buy than to craft, not even counting the time you spend. You only need it for gen-2 legendaries.

Edited by Dayra.7405
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/28/2022 at 5:48 PM, Dayra.7405 said:

You only need it for gen-2 legendaries.

Worth noting, that you need it for Gen 3s as well. You can't buy the Runestones without it. That was a fun surprise when I went to craft the axe on my wife's account. This lead to a weekend of scrambling for mastery points to try and max out that track.

On this thread specifically, I don;t see anything wrong with adding 5 extra points. It wouldn't hurt anything and might make the new player experience a slight bit better. For older players, it will make no difference.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

4 hours ago, idpersona.3810 said:

Worth noting, that you need it for Gen 3s as well. You can't buy the Runestones without it. That was a fun surprise when I went to craft the axe on my wife's account. This lead to a weekend of scrambling for mastery points to try and max out that track.

On this thread specifically, I don;t see anything wrong with adding 5 extra points. It wouldn't hurt anything and might make the new player experience a slight bit better. For older players, it will make no difference.

Since when are the new players expected to rush for the legendaries? Play the game and gradually go through the content, including getting the masteries. People need to stop using "but think about new players!" for whatever THEY personally want to get easier/faster. Legendaries are one of the few long term -and yet still absolutely optional- goals of this mmorpg.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Since when are the new players expected to rush for the legendaries? Play the game and gradually go through the content, including getting the masteries. People need to stop using "but think about new players!" for whatever THEY personally want to get easier/faster. Legendaries are one of the few long term -and yet still absolutely optional- goals of this mmorpg.

Oh, I actually agree with that. I was just adding that the Legendary trait line is needed for Gen 3s as well as Gen 2s.

And I don't care about central tyria masteries for me personally. I have all of them filled up. It took some research to figure out where to get the points. And I think Anet could implement a better system for this sort of thing for newer players. Not everyone searches around online for ways to complete this stuff.

I split my response in 2 to specifically address the 2 different points I was making 🙂 Sorry for the apparent confusion.

30 minutes ago, idpersona.3810 said:

Oh, I actually agree with that. I was just adding that the Legendary trait line is needed for Gen 3s as well as Gen 2s.

And I don't care about central tyria masteries for me personally. I have all of them filled up. It took some research to figure out where to get the points. And I think Anet could implement a better system for this sort of thing for newer players. Not everyone searches around online for ways to complete this stuff.

I split my response in 2 to specifically address the 2 different points I was making 🙂 Sorry for the apparent confusion.

You mean like in the H achievement panel, press the cog close to search and add mastery point filter?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

You mean like in the H achievement panel, press the cog close to search and add mastery point filter?

Yes actually. But tools like that aren't really obvious. I played for years before knowing that filtering was an option (and only because I came across a youtube video going over some pointers). The UI isn't very intuitive overall.
Even with the filter though, it's hard to tell which points are easier or harder to get.
And again, going back to new players, this is kind of a difficult hurdle.
Personally I love this game, but I don't see an issue saying that some of the features of it could use significant improvement.

2 hours ago, idpersona.3810 said:

I know, but you were trying to pin it into "new player experience", which isn't really what it is, so that's what I'm talking about here 😄

2 hours ago, idpersona.3810 said:

You don't need to search for it online, as mentioned above, you can use the cog wheel icon to add filters -pretty much exactly the same way you can do it while using tradin post.

1 hour ago, idpersona.3810 said:

Even with the filter though, it's hard to tell which points are easier or harder to get.

Why do you somehow instantly need to sort the achievements by "how easy they are"? The player can literally go through the filtered list top-to-bottom:

Can I access that content yet? If no, move to the next achievement. If yes, give it a few tries and either get the point or at least now have an idea about what it requires and move to the next one. That's how you learn which ones are easier or harder -literally by playing the game.

• Confused 1

35 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Why do you somehow instantly need to sort the achievements by "how easy they are"? The player can literally go through the filtered list top-to-bottom:

Can I access that content yet? If no, move to the next achievement. If yes, give it a few tries and either get the point or at least now have an idea about what it requires and move to the next one. That's how you learn which ones are easier or harder -literally by playing the game.

So (and this is 100% just my opinion) I think the QoL improvement of obtaining auto loot is a huge boost. New 80s should (again, imo) get to it as fast as possible and so knowing where to get it fastest is important.
After helping my wife and daughter to 80 it was my primary goal for their accounts. Knocking off the easy mastery points improves the quality of their playtime immensely. /Shrug.
For me, I looked up guides on Mastery Points to get it done. Most players don't in my experience. And I think that leads to frustration not being able to advance Masteries. All in all (and this is a separate but related issue) the UI isn't very intuitive. And I have seen that be frustrating to new 80s.

But on the point of the thread, I don't think adding 5 points would really impact anyone negatively. It doesn't matter to me if Anet would do it or not, but it would make sense to have this Living World season follow the same pattern as previous ones. Even if they didn't have masteries in game back then.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, idpersona.3810 said:

So (and this is 100% just my opinion) I think the QoL improvement of obtaining auto loot is a huge boost. New 80s should (again, imo) get to it as fast as possible and so knowing where to get it fastest is important.

After helping my wife and daughter to 80 it was my primary goal for their accounts. Knocking off the easy mastery points improves the quality of their playtime immensely. /Shrug.

Plenty of mastery points to get for that, I seriously still don't know what issue you're trying to create here. It's already been explained how to pretty naturally and easly go about it, I don't see a problem. It was a priority? Cool, it can be, but again I don't see how it changes anything here. (and it's not meant to be some "backhanded comment", I simply don't see any issue here)

For me, I looked up guides on Mastery Points to get it done. Most players don't in my experience. And I think that leads to frustration not being able to advance Masteries. All in all (and this is a separate but related issue) the UI isn't very intuitive. And I have seen that be frustrating to new 80s.

I didn't look for guides. And the players don't even need to use/know about the achievement filter, it just makes it slightly more convenient -the achievements and the categories they're in are rather clearly marked with achievement point icons. All new player needs to do is click on categories/achievements marks by those icons. It's pretty much as easy as it gets without any outside sources, not sure what's supposed to be more intuitive here.

But on the point of the thread, I don't think adding 5 points would really impact anyone negatively. It doesn't matter to me if Anet would do it or not, but it would make sense to have this Living World season follow the same pattern as previous ones. Even if they didn't have masteries in game back then.

Not really, there's already more than enough mastery points even without lw2.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

28 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

I seriously still don't know what issue you're trying to create here.

This is a strange response to me. I'm not trying to create any issue at all. I was neutrally participating in the ongoing discussion. Again, I don't care one way or the other overall. I see no harm in the OP's suggestion of adding the extra points, since the other Living Worlds all have them.
Seriously, these forums are really randomly argumentative.

28 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

I didn't look for guides. And the players don't even need to use/know about the achievement filter, it just makes it slightly more convenient -the achievements and the categories they're in are rather clearly marked with achievement point icons. All new player needs to do is click on categories/achievements marks by those icons. It's pretty much as easy as it gets without any outside sources, not sure what's supposed to be more intuitive here.

/shrug

I've talked to players with multiple 80s that have never really looked much at the achievement panel at all.  I think it's easy to be used to the game as is and gloss over how new players view/interact with the UI. I don't think the game really directs you to it. It certainly doesn't have any good in game explanation of how to use it.

33 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Not really, there's already more than enough mastery points even without lw2.

Eh. The points really vary incredibly in how much time and work and monitory cost each can be. Personally I got the 8 for going through the LW2 story but didn't bother with the greater achievement collections to max out my central tyria points.

I do think there's plenty. Since that's already the case, what difference would another possible 5 make? For those of us that already maxxed them out, we'd have another excess 5 and it still wouldn't matter.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, idpersona.3810 said:

This is a strange response to me. I'm not trying to create any issue at all. I was neutrally participating in the ongoing discussion. Again, I don't care one way or the other overall. I see no harm in the OP's suggestion of adding the extra points, since the other Living Worlds all have them.
Seriously, these forums are really randomly argumentative.

You keep repeating "but the new players". This seems like you're somehow thinking there's an issue for the new players where there's not one. That's what I mean when I'm saying I don't understand what issue you're trying to create here. Beacuse "adding more wouldn't hurt" while constantly repeating "but new players!" is directly pointing at there being some issue for new players. But... you know, there isn't. Seems like your weird idea about getting players to skip the gameplay for no good reason (because you did w/e on your family's accounts).

About being arugmentative for no reason... it's ironic, because that's exactly how I see your posts in this thread 😄  ("players don't use guides so they don't know where masteries are!" -> they don't need to use guides, there's a filtering option ingame -> "it's not clear enough, players can play a long time and still not discover that option!" -> ok, no need to use it anyways because there are clearly visible mastery point symbols visible next to the achievements and their categories -> "it's not clear enough(???) and why not more points and also how are the players supposed to know which ones are hard and which ones are easy?" -> 🤦‍♂️ why would anyone be instantly "supposed to know which ones are hard/easy? Just play the game and they'll discover what's harder/easaier for them by themselves")

Did I miss something here?

/shrug

I've talked to players with multiple 80s that have never really looked much at the achievement panel at all.  I think it's easy to be used to the game as is and gloss over how new players view/interact with the UI. I don't think the game really directs you to it. It certainly doesn't have any good in game explanation of how to use it.

Why do you keep shrugging? If you /shrug don't care (unless the constant shrugging is supposed to mean something else?) then why are you repeatedly writing what amounts to "but maybe add some more because, you know, new players!"? I'm a bit confused here. How else is the game supposed to direct you to it? The masatery icons are rather obvious, even if the new players doesn't know yet they're called mastery points. It's still something that rather easly draws the attention to itself, even if some players manage to miss it.

What ingame explanation of how to use it would you want to see?

Eh. The points really vary incredibly in how much time and work and monitory cost each can be.

Ok and while it might just be me (but doubt), I don't really see why they shouldn't vary in those aspects.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2