Morning coffee musings...and mechanists

Farohna.6247

So while enjoyed my coffee, I started looking forward to GW2 Halloween.  I am curious to see how the onslaught of mechanists affects the tagging of mobs in the Labyrinth though. 

I love mechanist, I made one just to see what it's all about.  It is undeniably mob destroying fun.  This may not go over well for groups trying to tag, and I'm interested to see how it plays out or if they become the new annoyance (looking at you rangers and button 4).

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

• 2 weeks later...

That and the Rifle just mowing everything down. It's a lot of fun and classes that can tag a lot of mobs quickly like MCH are just the best for PvE farming ofc. Might have to encourage people to wear soldier gear.

I'm more concerned about them nerfing Research Kits though as Halloween will be great for farming Notes for the next Gen3 skins 🧊🔥💦

Edited by Doggie.3184
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 9/25/2022 at 1:44 PM, Doggie.3184 said:

That and the Rifle just mowing everything down. It's a lot of fun and classes that can tag a lot of mobs quickly like MCH are just the best for PvE farming ofc. Might have to encourage people to wear soldier gear.

I'm more concerned about them nerfing Research Kits though as Halloween will be great for farming Notes for the next Gen3 skins 🧊🔥💦

The rifle is so much fun, I agree.  I started an engi to see what all the hype was about, and it's a kick.  I mostly play my rev, don't have an issue tagging mobs, but I've noticed in open world the jade mechs mowing through things and wonder if some professions or builds are having difficulty.  Instead of knockback complaints, it will be jade mech griping.

Oooh that would be an amazing source of research notes.  Please don't change that.

• Confused 1

On 9/12/2022 at 3:37 PM, Farohna.6247 said:

I'm interested to see how it plays out or if they become the new annoyance (looking at you rangers and button 4).

Well, it's mostly the level-ups that cause enemy knockbacks, so having two additional Mechanist skills adding to the "fun" will certainly annoy the heck out of many who play with AoE damage.

There will also be the sound annoyance in addition to that.

... and turtle mounts.

Uh oh. :classic_ninja:

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

There can be difficulty getting in hits to tag foes for credit in current OW content when there are rifle mechs around...and I know that I get close to twice as many bags using a rifle mech in Orr events such as Penitent/Shelter/Arah than on any other class/build Ive tried so I am expecting a lot of rifle mechs to make tagging in the labyrinth very difficult for some.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1