The Druid leak from the News

Vinny.7260

https://d3b4yo2b5lbfy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/a84e7balanceTeaser.png

This picture tells me that they're removing the stat reduction from Druid.

River Drake in PvP sits at 22975 HP without Druid equipped.

Anyone got a better idea? 😄

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/profession-balance-update-preview-livestream-this-friday/

This is where I got it!

Edited by Vinny.7260
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

personally I find the keybind of the 2 skill very weird in that screenshot, otherwise I was thinking that maybe they were hinting at staff rework? but good catch on the health number of that drake 🙂

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lightning_Breath#/media/File:Lightning_Breath.png

I was definitely looking at it too. It matches from the bottom portion from what I see!

10 minutes ago, Vinny.7260 said:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lightning_Breath#/media/File:Lightning_Breath.png

I was definitely looking at it too. It matches from the bottom portion from what I see!

By the 2 they meant staff 2. A (which would be alt) + T is a very odd binding for a weapon skill- could be hinting at Ally Targeting.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, RainbowTurtle.3542 said:

By the 2 they meant staff 2. A (which would be alt) + T is a very odd binding for a weapon skill- could be hinting at Ally Targeting.

If we go full on conspiracy, I agree, A+T = Ally Target

Not sure if I love Ranger being highlighted in the balance patch preview though--historically it hasn't ended well....

Edited by Gotejjeken.1267
  • Like 5

31 minutes ago, Beddo.1907 said:

"We feel that Druid was overperforming, that's why we decided to remove the player and instead let them be controlled by the pet."

You know, if Untamed was actually this and we transformed into any pet on our list and played as the four legged animal. 

I'd be ok with the spec entirely and would not care what it can and can't do. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gorem.8104 said:

You know, if Untamed was actually this and we transformed into any pet on our list and played as the four legged animal. 

Yes then it would be a cool role play spec atleast.

• Like 1

Right now Druid staff skill 1 and 2 requires a target and has a red bar under the skill while on the bar. The one on the screenshot doesn't have it so I think they removed target requirements. It may mean the skills targeting works differently, or that these are completely redesigned. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Bozrh.6352 said:

Right now Druid staff skill 1 and 2 requires a target and has a red bar under the skill while on the bar. The one on the screenshot doesn't have it so I think they removed target requirements. It may mean the skills targeting works differently, or that these are completely redesigned. 

Considering there is no ground target red ring over the skill, I do think it is ally targeting. Or maybe a self target.

3 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

If we go full on conspiracy, I agree, A+T = Ally Target

Not sure if I love Ranger being highlighted in the balance patch preview though--historically it hasn't ended well....

Honestly I'm gonna buy into this conspiracy. It's a bit of a stretch but I can get behind the logic and after them doing it to staff AA so recently, I can see this being the next logical step. I want it so badly I'm gonna believe it. Alt+T really does seem like an oddly specific keybind when everything else is keybound to default keys. It's definitely a sign 🤓.

6 hours ago, Gorem.8104 said:

Sounds more like a reverse Soulbeast. Instead of the ranger getting stats and skills from the pet, the pet gets stats and skills from the ranger. Heck, make it a cavalry spec where the ranger rides the pet as a combat mount (may require size adjustments for some pets).

On the OP: Yeah, I could see the druid pet penalty being reversed. Untamed seems to have got away without having a tradeoff, after all. Maybe sometime we'll see core ranger and elementalist getting the core rev treatment.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bozrh.6352 said:

Ally targeting on both Skill 1 and 2 would be such a great change!!!

• Sad 1