The Druid leak from the News

Vinny.7260

5 minutes ago, RainbowTurtle.3542 said:

Why would you like it???

Pets need a major rework and a stat nerf doesn't help fix them.

If druid still had the pet stat reduction, and the stats shown are similar to the non reduced stats, it means they boosted the overall pet stat, i know druid getting pets stats reduced isnt something good, i just meant i prefer an overall buff than a buff only to 1 spec

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Gorem.8104 said:

You know, if Untamed was actually this and we transformed into any pet on our list and played as the four legged animal. 

I'd be ok with the spec entirely and would not care what it can and can't do. 

One idea: Norn elites. I know is not the same but can scratch your itch

about the pets getting that 20% back who cares. I said when the nerf happened: 20% of 0 is still 0. 
While wvw pets have the stats from Pvp they will melt even faster. Dogs have 16k Hp, bears around 20K.  For something that can’t dodge, can’t cleanse and always pick the worst path that Hp is nothing. 

Druid needs a good pass if they want to make it a thing. And please don’t overbuff the class with boons everywhere, we already have herald for that and also provides a good ranger damage. 

druid needs to bring something unique to the battlefield and needs to be useful and not a gimmick like the stability buff to the glyph. Something like what they did with scrapper.

and please remove the ancient seeds trait. Druid has enough trolling capabilities just with the heals, full cleanses and stealth access. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, zaswer.5246 said:

If druid still had the pet stat reduction, and the stats shown are similar to the non reduced stats, it means they boosted the overall pet stat, i know druid getting pets stats reduced isnt something good, i just meant i prefer an overall buff than a buff only to 1 spec

Given what metanists are allowed to have, ranger pets being buffed would hardly be unreasonable.

• Like 2

I am really curious to see what they are planning to do. I do not mind the pet stat reduction. I just want some more utility (like a rev road with resistance).

They have done some small changes over the last patches which helped making druid more flexible. It makes me hopeful.

I found stab good in Open World but hard to slot in group content as I would much rather have dispel (healing spring) or a spirit or a glyph to push.

Aegis on pet is situational but quite nice. I used it on some bosses like Gorseval, to black kite on Deimos.

Ally targeting for the auto is not enough for Pvp because druid needs improved support out of CA (and less restrictions). In PvE it has some use but is quite situational. Most of the time it allows me to find a player needing help in raids, or have a small heal on a quadim pylon when CA is recharging.

Edited by aymnad.9023

On 9/12/2022 at 8:32 PM, Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

personally I find the keybind of the 2 skill very weird in that screenshot, otherwise I was thinking that maybe they were hinting at staff rework? but good catch on the health number of that drake 🙂

It could be a Mouse Key that is toggled aß a macro for a+t

But hell yeah i am hyped for that, druid May Finally Out of decap gulag

On 9/15/2022 at 11:20 AM, Beddo.1907 said:

Staff is a pure support weapon and Druid has no traits for power DPS, so I doubt there is any chance of that build happening.

maybe zealots / cleric / celestial / marshal  mix n match can lead to something interesting.

I play zealot plus some clercs parts on my herald in wvw, at least can avoid the potato damage.

Edited by Aeolus.3615

1 hour ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

maybe zealots / cleric / celestial / marshal  mix n match can lead to something interesting.

Why would you mix those useless stats when you can just go full cele, which is unparalleled for hybrid builds (and works decently well on druid)?

(And if power dps druid would be a thing - you'd just run zerk like on any other powerbuild)

On 9/14/2022 at 5:30 AM, anduriell.6280 said:

One idea: Norn elites. I know is not the same but can scratch your itch

about the pets getting that 20% back who cares. I said when the nerf happened: 20% of 0 is still 0. 
While wvw pets have the stats from Pvp they will melt even faster. Dogs have 16k Hp, bears around 20K.  For something that can’t dodge, can’t cleanse and always pick the worst path that Hp is nothing. 

Druid needs a good pass if they want to make it a thing. And please don’t overbuff the class with boons everywhere, we already have herald for that and also provides a good ranger damage. 

druid needs to bring something unique to the battlefield and needs to be useful and not a gimmick like the stability buff to the glyph. Something like what they did with scrapper.

and please remove the ancient seeds trait. Druid has enough trolling capabilities just with the heals, full cleanses and stealth access. 

True on Norn elites, its why I love that one wolf transform we get during the ledendary quest. Become one as long as you like!

Only issue with Norn elites is that they have a time limit, and are an elite. I'd love to stay an animal forever and be able to combat as it, and ride mounts as it, lol. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Gorem.8104 said:

Only issue with Norn elites is that they have a time limit, and are an elite. I'd love to stay an animal forever and be able to combat as it, and ride mounts as it, lol. 

That would be cool, in paper at least. Imagine ranger becoming a kind of mirage when it can switch the model with the current equipped companion. 

Skills 1-4 would be swapped by the pets skills + some unique archetype skill. And still use the utilities. And let the enemies guess who is who between the pet and you. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, UmbraNoctis.1907 said:

Why would you mix those useless stats when you can just go full cele, which is unparalleled for hybrid builds (and works decently well on druid)?

(And if power dps druid would be a thing - you'd just run zerk like on any other powerbuild)

so i issume ur telling me that wvw druid will be another  minstrell or gtfo and players should not use other stats if thgey are confortable with?

But yeah full celestial will be the safest option overall for most  imo, but others m8 be more eficient with other stats.

Edited by Aeolus.3615