Hey look, PvP balance hype.

23 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/profession-balance-update-preview-livestream-this-friday/

A friend brought it to my attention that the drake stats here imply they're removing the Druid Pet stat nerf. Of course it could be testing environment and there's something else happening.  @Trevor Boyer.6524, confirm? 

Yeah, that's either some kind of buff to pet stats or straight removal of pet attribute drawback.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Eurantien.4632 said:

With the recent change to let staff target allies, it is possible that there is an allied target skill rework that has been done.

I wish they had a target lowest health ally keybind option. Enemy would probably suck in pvp but support classes really need this.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

"nothing has really changed"

besides them almost doubling the healingoutput of Elemental bastion..... and that they basicly removed the CD from transmuting auras..... AAAND that they added considerable extra duration of protection on the Earthtraitline....

Those were HUGE buffs and now we pair that with the current projectilemeta, slap a littlebit of "Earthshield" ontop, and you have the reason why Supporttempest is as strong as it currently is.

"nothing has really changed"........ 😂 I dont want them to nerf my main.... but we can NOT pretend like ele and mainly tempest is not one of, if not, the class that has received the most buffs in the last few months....

People are not complaining aboot Elemental bastion, or the extra protection earth gives out. People are complaining about its basic kit it had since day one and that's shocking aura that has had no change and is still In its basic form and earth shield, and possibly aura share. Earth shield is to powerful and probably could use a rework to provide utility instead of flat invuln and blocks n cc.

Since it's a projectile Meta as you say, having a class to stop all the projectile spam seem like a good thing. God forbid anyone from paying attention and not shooting when seeing a reflect aura. You die to your own spam and say the games not fair. It's a Learn to play issue imo.

Edited by Eddbopkins.2630
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

This is the first balanced patch I genuinely don't care since the release of the game.

At EoD spec design table they were so oblivious about the PvP balance that most of them were useless, so we endured 3+ months of betas and patches nerfing legacy specs just to ensure the EoD ones had some value. Still half of them failed, and at the spring had to be rezzed with broken buffs, which later had to be nerfed and which made them bad again.

At the end, after 6 months of post EoD release, what we have is a totally erratic performance of EoD specs, and a bunch of pre EoD specs which not only underperform but also feels bad to play. I'm only using two of the new specs in PvE and one in PvP...

• Like 2

I think every dev who is the slightest responsible for developing or not preventing those trade offs and eod  should be kindly but permanently moved to pve map design or jp development.  And that please long enough before the next balance patch for pvp.

Edited by phixion.9428
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Does this means that Core spec , will be able to do damage with their CC (while the Elites stay the same) ?

There could be spells categorized as "kitten" that does 99% less dps , rather than manually decrease them

Edit: great way for scale-able momentum in unranked .

Global 30% damage/health/toughness reduction , reduced 1% every 10 sec , or secondary objections

Edited by Woof.8246

9 hours ago, Eddbopkins.2630 said:

People are not complaining aboot Elemental bastion, or the extra protection earth gives out. People are complaining about its basic kit it had since day one and that's shocking aura that has had no change and is still In its basic form and earth shield, and possibly aura share. Earth shield is to powerful and probably could use a rework to provide utility instead of flat invuln and blocks n cc.

Since it's a projectile Meta as you say, having a class to stop all the projectile spam seem like a good thing. God forbid anyone from paying attention and not shooting when seeing a reflect aura. You die to your own spam and say the games not fair. It's a Learn to play issue imo.

i do completly agree with you here. weirdly, in any thread that complains about Tempestsupport, people dont mention the extra protection and healing AT ALL. People just lash at what interrupts their gameplay the most, which is reflects and shockaura. The mechanics of the two hasnt really changed at all, besides the removal of CD for the transmutes. But what has changed is, that Tempest can now dish out the same hp/second healing as a Guardian support can and provide permanent protection, while still keeping all of the utility that previously allowed tempest to have a spot as Support.

Pairing this with the projectilemeta.... and suddenly tempest left Coreguard in the dust.

Edited by Sahne.6950

6 hours ago, phixion.9428 said:

I think every dev who is the slightest responsible for developing or not pretending those trade offs, doing mesmer balance the last few years and eod  should be kindly but permanently moved to pve map design or jp development.  And that please long enough before the next balance patch for pvp.

Imagine if they teased mirage balance. People might actually think they are doing something worthwhile. 

I really doubt they have anything good in store for us. I have 0 faith in Anet. 

They managed to to take the best combat system of any MMO and drive it straight into the dirt. I wish a company would just copy their combat system and create a modern PvP game with it. Anet has no idea what kind of gem they have with it. 

Edited by Ronald McDonald.8165
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, phixion.9428 said:

I think every dev who is the slightest responsible for developing or not pretending those trade offs, doing mesmer balance the last few years and eod  should be kindly but permanently moved to pve map design or jp development.  And that please long enough before the next balance patch for pvp.

Boi do I have GOOD news for you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

i do completly agree with you here. weirdly, in any thread that complains about Tempestsupport, people dont mention the extra protection and healing AT ALL. People just lash at what interrupts their gameplay the most, which is reflects and shockaura. The mechanics of the two hasnt really changed at all, besides the removal of CD for the transmutes. But what has changed is, that Tempest can now dish out the same hp/second healing as a Guardian support can and provide permanent protection, while still keeping all of the utility that previously allowed tempest to have a spot as Support.

Pairing this with the projectilemeta.... and suddenly tempest left Coreguard in the dust.

For once the meta isn't all about gaurdian support anymore, and that bothers you? Having other support option other then gaurdian for the past 10 years is a good thing to me. Heal druid has been out of gameplay for how long? Now that there's another option other then gaurd to play support everyone all mad.

Doesn't stability workagainst shocking aura? Change yo shi, and there wouldn't be that much of a problem. 

Edited by Eddbopkins.2630

16 minutes ago, Eddbopkins.2630 said:

For once the meta isn't all about gaurdian support anymore, and that bothers you? Having other support option other then gaurdian for the past 10 years is a good thing to me. Heal druid has been out of gameplay for how long? Now that there's another option other then gaurd to play support everyone all mad.

in danger of repeating myself: I DONT NOT WANT THEM TO NERF TEMPEST. (its the only profession i play atm 😄)

i think its refreshing that finally the toptier support is no longer guardian and guardian only.

Furthermore there is a very nice Tempest bruiser build viable atm, which I LOVE!

i just wanted to point out that you saying: Nothing has changed.      is wrong.

Edited by Sahne.6950

On 9/12/2022 at 1:34 PM, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

If they are willing to remove that nerf, which is supposed to be the Druid "Tradeoff" then I wonder what other Tradeoffs(TM) nerfs they are going to be reconsidering.

I’m not 100% sure they actually know what a tradeoff is, to be honest. They’ve got the “taking something away” half nailed down, but fail woefully at the “give something in return” piece. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, crewthief.8649 said:

I’m not 100% sure they actually know what a tradeoff is, to be honest. They’ve got the “taking something away” half nailed down, but fail woefully at the “give something in return” piece. 

TBH, then only thing for the especs that should be changed is the function bar. The alternative dodges are to ingrained in the specs that got them, and I guess those are here to stay, but anything else? Nah, just revert those "Tradeoffs"

5 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

TBH, then only thing for the especs that should be changed is the function bar. The alternative dodges are to ingrained in the specs that got them, and I guess those are here to stay, but anything else? Nah, just revert those "Tradeoffs"

I was specifically referring to Warrior and the “tradeoffs” it has had to endure over the last few years, completely pushing Spellbreaker and Berserker out of the meta. The CC change and the change to the resistance boon immediately comes to mind.

Edited by crewthief.8649

24 minutes ago, crewthief.8649 said:

I was specifically referring to Warrior and the “tradeoffs” it has had to endure over the last few years, completely pushing Spellbreaker and Berserker out of the meta. The CC change and the change to the resistance buff immediately comes to mind.

I agree. Their changes to CCs and resistance heavily neutered warrior in a way that that other professions were not as affected by.

• Like 3

On 9/14/2022 at 2:21 AM, phixion.9428 said:

please no, mesmers can take 1 for the team.
Jumping puzzles are actually fun in this game, if they ruin them its over

• Haha 2