Willbender or Bladesworn?

RadiantWolf.2058

So I don't have a heavy armor wearer yet. Warrior and Guardian speak to me most.

Of these two elite specs which do y'all prefer for general PvE and Solo PvE (I don't do PvP much).

Which is most effective and which is, to you, the most fun? Sell me on your spec.

EDIT: well this was supposed to go in the Professions forum but uh. I goofed!

Edited by RadiantWolf.2058

5 minutes ago, Eros.6801 said:

This is a joke but it speaks my mind 

Bladesworn : wait.for.it > BONK > hold.on.tight > BONK > steady > BONK > take.aim > BONK

Willbender : Bonk>Bonk>Bonk>Bonk>Bonk>Bonk>Bonk>Bonk

I'd say that's a decent description 😄 It would be easier if OP said what playstyle he's looking for, but if he's looking for a slower one with big bonks, it's bladesworn. If it's more zooming around and more spammy experience, it's willbender.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1

Albeit Willbender is eclipsed by Firebrand at instanced PvE content, in the sense that FB is a "swiss knife" with all kinds equiped with all kind of tools for every situstion, the Willbender is WAY stronger than FB at solo content, with much more damage (specially the condition variants) and also solves two of the main eteranl issues from the Guardian class: having poor mobility and low HP if you want to deliver high dps.

My burn WB has over 21K HP, over 3K armor, over 1800 condition damage (with no foods), 100% burn duration and can make burst of up to 39 stacks of burns scoring ~20k damage x tick. The gameplay is also compelling (albeit requires a high number of key strokes x minute) due resembles the combo system of some fighting games: you're always unleashing your virtues and trying to maximize the amount of hits you get to proc burns. The only drawback is that in therms of team support you only provide stability and maybe some utilities/elite, but at the cost of losing dps (and FB is better at that role).

The Bladesworn is a extremely powerful dps spec with high sustain (even higher than WB) but is also best at solo than giving support; the pace of fights is slower and the weapon variety decreases a lot, since Warrior is designed to be the class with a more alrge amount of weapons available but Bladesworn was built to chop off that feature.

At the moment (and has been for 6 months) I enjoy more the WB over the BS, despite I'll admit I didn't spent enough with the BS to entirely apperciate all that has to offer.

Warrior vs guardian? Tis a foolish question. Guardian is constrained by foolish virtues. Self imposed limitations in an attempt to find the strength to fight in a world of savage beasts and sadistic monsters. Courage? Resolve? Justice? No! I tell thee, these are but the excuses of the weak! Warrior needs not courage to charge his enemies. When the horns sound, warrior’s hairs stand on end and his path is clear; kill thine enemy with impunity. Resolve? For what? What is thine resolve? Warrior needs not resolve. Victory, defeat, it matters not. Warrior fights until the battle is over, until the enemy is dead. Not out of some foolish resolution towards victory, but because it is in warrior’s blood. It is coded deep within the double helix that runs through every cell of warriors body. Justice? Ha. Tis a fools errand. What is justice, but the judgement of the victor? Warrior fights not to be right, warrior fights not to impose warrior’s ideals onto others. Nay, fighting is warrior’s ideals. Bring death, bring slaughter, bring misery and suffering. Warrior will strike them all down with a firm backhand that leaves them weak and trembling on the floor, begging for Warrior’s mercy. How could one so bound by such weak ideals stand before the imposing force of a thousand exploding suns? How could one bound by such weak ideals hope to reach the heights of one who is constrained by nothing but a raw, relentless dive into the depths of infinite potential? 

No, brother, guardian or warrior is not a question. So come, pick up thine sword. Present thine self in a deep horse stance and begin swinging with those feeble arms. For as your legs tremble and ache, as your shoulders grow weary as you raise your sword for an uncountable number of times, you shall grow. You shall ascend, to heights far beyond what those other foolish mortals can attain by relying on the crutches of their lesser professions.  They are but fuel, to be broken down, cut into pieces, and fed into the furnace that drives on warrior. Come with us brother, as we ride the train of war into the endlessly black night, as we go past the limits of the infinite, as we strike down destiny and liberate ourselves from all that which seeks to contain our unbridled potential. I cannot do it for you, brother. You must raise yourself up, on your own to feet, and walk the path of warrior. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

On 9/14/2022 at 3:39 PM, oscuro.9720 said:

Warrior vs guardian? Tis a foolish question. Guardian is constrained by foolish virtues. Self imposed limitations in an attempt to find the strength to fight in a world of savage beasts and sadistic monsters. Courage? Resolve? Justice? No! I tell thee, these are but the excuses of the weak! Warrior needs not courage to charge his enemies. When the horns sound, warrior’s hairs stand on end and his path is clear; kill thine enemy with impunity. Resolve? For what? What is thine resolve? Warrior needs not resolve. Victory, defeat, it matters not. Warrior fights until the battle is over, until the enemy is dead. Not out of some foolish resolution towards victory, but because it is in warrior’s blood. It is coded deep within the double helix that runs through every cell of warriors body. Justice? Ha. Tis a fools errand. What is justice, but the judgement of the victor? Warrior fights not to be right, warrior fights not to impose warrior’s ideals onto others. Nay, fighting is warrior’s ideals. Bring death, bring slaughter, bring misery and suffering. Warrior will strike them all down with a firm backhand that leaves them weak and trembling on the floor, begging for Warrior’s mercy. How could one so bound by such weak ideals stand before the imposing force of a thousand exploding suns? How could one bound by such weak ideals hope to reach the heights of one who is constrained by nothing but a raw, relentless dive into the depths of infinite potential? 

No, brother, guardian or warrior is not a question. So come, pick up thine sword. Present thine self in a deep horse stance and begin swinging with those feeble arms. For as your legs tremble and ache, as your shoulders grow weary as you raise your sword for an uncountable number of times, you shall grow. You shall ascend, to heights far beyond what those other foolish mortals can attain by relying on the crutches of their lesser professions.  They are but fuel, to be broken down, cut into pieces, and fed into the furnace that drives on warrior. Come with us brother, as we ride the train of war into the endlessly black night, as we go past the limits of the infinite, as we strike down destiny and liberate ourselves from all that which seeks to contain our unbridled potential. I cannot do it for you, brother. You must raise yourself up, on your own to feet, and walk the path of warrior. 

Would this be considered false advertising 😏

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, otto.5684 said:

Would this be considered false advertising 😏

Ye of little faith, I speak nary a word of untruth! Warrior hath no limit to the heights by which one can climb with thine own two hands. There is not such a flaccid reliance on the trappings of the lesser professions. Warrior is the reflection of one’s soul and inner fortitude. Come, ye of heathen blood, forsake thine shackles of servitude to the professions of the weak, join us in the Brotherhood of Warrior! That’s right, even you can be raised up to the glorious crest of the mountain top if thine ambition be great enough. And in doing so, you too shall be embraced by those who walk down the path of tribulation and triumph with you. 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, oscuro.9720 said:

Ye of little faith, I speak nary a word of untruth! Warrior hath no limit to the heights by which one can climb with thine own two hands. There is not such a flaccid reliance on the trappings of the lesser professions. Warrior is the reflection of one’s soul and inner fortitude. Come, ye of heathen blood, forsake thine shackles of servitude to the professions of the weak, join us in the Brotherhood of Warrior! That’s right, even you can be raised up to the glorious crest of the mountain top if thine ambition be great enough. And in doing so, you too shall be embraced by those who walk down the path of tribulation and triumph with you. 

Okay, I am sold!

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, otto.5684 said:

Okay, I am sold!

Welcome brother, now draw thine self into an extra deep horse stance, so thy balls scrape the floor, take up the sword, and begin swinging until thine arms give out. And when they shall fail, you shall pick up the sword despite this, and continue one, towards glory!

• Haha 1