Fire Spells

RangerLes.9021

The Elementalists could do with shortening the meteor shower spell, there are times in combat, some enemies will not give you a chance to use it at high level. . . Then you die! Then you need either to be resurected, or go for a waypoint, the arcane shield also needs to be increased from 3 to 5 (hits) or attacks before exploding. . . It's just a suggestion.

Just now, 8D4742AC-F8AF-40EF-B1D8-A084FC62BDB4 said:

The Elementalists could do with shortening the meteor shower spell, there are times in combat, some enemies will not give you a chance to use it at high level. . . Then you die! Then you need either to be resurected, or go for a waypoint, the arcane shield also needs to be increased from 3 to 5 (hits) or attacks before exploding. . . It's just a suggestion.

Some tricks from PvP

You can cast Burning Retreat (Fire 4) + Meteor Shower (Fire 5) simultaneously. Your character will roll back and cast Meteor Shower at whatever position.

Static Field (Air 5), Unsteady Ground (Earth 4) and Frozen Ground (Water 4) are great for controlling enemies who can interrupt you.

You can reposition while channeling Meteor Shower using Lightning Flash (Utility).

There's a boon in the game called Quickness, that reduces channel time. Getting Quickness in PvE is a bit rough (requires running Catalyst and you lose some damage) but if you play with friends, try to come up with builds that provide group support.

----

With that said, when I play staff in open world, I never feel the need to use any of these because Meteor Shower is rarely a DPS plus for most things. In the event it is a DPS plus, try to be aware of the battle space instead of casting a spell because you want to.

I have only one Elementalist in the Game just completed the Original Path of Fire GW2 campaign, I do find it rough as you put it, playing the first oldest character (Francis Highmoon) has been difficult but I enjoyed playing and I still have a lot to learn how to use his profession. His sister Syrene Highmoon is a Ranger and has already completed both campaigns, (Path of Fire & Heart of Thorns.) I find the Ranger definitely the easiest of all professions to play.

Thank You for the advice as it is apreciated.

3 hours ago, 8D4742AC-F8AF-40EF-B1D8-A084FC62BDB4 said:

I have only one Elementalist in the Game just completed the Original Path of Fire GW2 campaign, I do find it rough as you put it, playing the first oldest character (Francis Highmoon) has been difficult but I enjoyed playing and I still have a lot to learn how to use his profession. His sister Syrene Highmoon is a Ranger and has already completed both campaigns, (Path of Fire & Heart of Thorns.) I find the Ranger definitely the easiest of all professions to play.

Thank You for the advice as it is apreciated.

If you've played Path of Fire, then you should have access to Weaver. Weaver makes Staff Elementalist more mobile and gives you dual skills that do a ton of damage. The major benefit being you can cast most of these while moving.

It's a little bit more complicated because it takes more steps to get access to the whole bar.

Meteor shower does not need cast time decreased.

What it actually needs is to do damage accordingly, and an added effect on hit (burning or daze). Also, a visual update would be welcomed.

Compare Meteor shower of GW1 to what we have. Chad high risk/reward spell to the current virgin high risk/non-reward.

• Like 3