12.8K Barrier on Reaper (aka Blood Bank simultaneously does far too little and far too much)

GoingMenthol.7281

So I've been testing Blood Bank in PvE to add stuff to the wiki and managed to have an almost constantly high amount of barrier while in a large group (screenshot here). So long as you're at full health and continue to be healed, you can reach stupid high amounts from the random heals being thrown around. That's way more than what you need in that situation

Meanwhile, if you're playing solo and at full health, and have Runes of Sanctuary, the best you can get is about 200 barrier on a burst and about 50-100 on average, which isn't worth the hassle. It's even less when not at full health

Am I missing something? I feel like Blood Bank regardless of health (and rune of sanctuary for that matter) give too little barrier for situations where it would be useful, and way too much when it's not. Maybe change Blood Bank to 50% when at full health and 20-25% when not. Same 20-25% for the rune too (for PvE)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GoingMenthol.7281 said:

So I've been testing Blood Bank in PvE to add stuff to the wiki and managed to have an almost constantly high amount of barrier while in a large group (screenshot here). So long as you're at full health and continue to be healed, you can reach stupid high amounts from the random heals being thrown around. That's way more than what you need in that situation

Meanwhile, if you're playing solo and at full health, and have Runes of Sanctuary, the best you can get is about 200 barrier on a burst and about 50-100 on average, which isn't worth the hassle. It's even less when not at full health

Am I missing something? I feel like Blood Bank regardless of health (and rune of sanctuary for that matter) give too little barrier for situations where it would be useful, and way too much when it's not. Maybe change Blood Bank to 50% when at full health and 20-25% when not. Same 20-25% for the rune too (for PvE)

I've sat at around 2k consistently with minions out and getting the life steal off of them to fuel it (prior to the life steal nerf mind you). Using a bigger heal on yourself at full HP also gives a fair bit of barrier. That said it was definitely made with Scourge in mind not Reaper.

I've encountered a bug before in one of the DRMs where if I entered Shroud with Staff equipped along with Soul Marks traited that every attack in Shroud generated LF, but was converted to healing instead of LF and caused Blood Bank to give me barrier. But I've only encountered it in one DRM and have not been able to replicate it elsewhere.

33 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I've encountered a bug before in one of the DRMs where if I entered Shroud with Staff equipped along with Soul Marks traited that every attack in Shroud generated LF, but was converted to healing instead of LF and caused Blood Bank to give me barrier. But I've only encountered it in one DRM and have not been able to replicate it elsewhere.

Sounds like something I can have a go trying to replicate. Any traits you remember using at the time?

Just now, GoingMenthol.7281 said:

Sounds like something I can have a go trying to replicate. Any traits you remember using at the time?

Blood Bank, Soul Marks as stated. Might have had Soul Eater. Might have had Blighter's Boon. but the healing I was receiving was a fixed amount each time, every time, which lead me to suspect Soul Marks being the cause with some strange interaction elsewhere. 

It's just a poorly designed "win harder" Trait. 

Generally to make running the Trait worthwhile you need a lot of sustain. If you have a lot of sustain/incoming healing, you don't need the Trait. 

If you have little sustain a selfish GM in BM for sustain would be nice - but then then Blood Bank isn't providing that. 

Imo it would be nice to have a single selfish and more offensive oriented Trait for BM in that slot, akin to Battle Scars/Dance of Death (maybe an AoE Siphon on LF gain, could open up interesting synergies), which could even be closer to pre-nerf Battle Scars efficacy, since unlike with Rev where it's in a highly offensive Meta DPS line, it being in BM comes with an inherent major DPS loss.

• Like 2