DPI Scaling broken with most recent patch [Merged]

I have the same exact issue as you, happened right after this update. It was perfectly fine earlier in the day, then had to log out for the update and bam, half character. I have also attempted the repair feature, restarting pc and adjusting setting. nothing seems to work, I assume the issue falls on something with this update.

Updated:

I found a solution for my issue, hopefully it works for you as well, I reset my pc one more time and then turned off the DPI scaling and adjusted my interface to larger, then when I check the hero panel and and preview functions it is fixed, if I turn DPI back on it breaks again.

Edited by Atreyu.5643
found a solution

31 minutes ago, ZoddTheImmortal.9753 said:

My girlfriend is having the same problem. It does seem to be related to the DPI scaling as turning it off fixes it. Unfortunately that makes all of her UI super tiny, so definitely not a permanent solution.

i went and turned mine off and it did fix the issue, but then i have the same problem as your girlfriend, even changing the interface size to largest i struggle to read any text, my skill icons are about 5mm wide. definitely not a good fix on a big screen.

1 hour ago, Atreyu.5643 said:

Updated:

I found a solution for my issue, hopefully it works for you as well, I reset my pc one more time and then turned off the DPI scaling and adjusted my interface to larger, then when I check the hero panel and and preview functions it is fixed, if I turn DPI back on it breaks again.

UPDATE: So i did reset PC as suggested and that did not work, however, turning DPI Scaling OFF did the trick. On the downside everything is tiny, but that's a personal problem for I like smaller screens. I don't mind it until the issue gets resolved however. Thank you kind stranger for the tip!

Edited by Skyworn.5920
Typo

I'm wondering if ANET is even monitoring this Bug Report thread yet.

This is a significant bug and breaks the game for many people. Text is completely unreadable on my screen, and the mouse cursor is like a tiny dot on the screen with DPI Scaling disabled. Disabling DPI is just not an option for many players with high resolution screens.

The in-game UI scaling option does not offer enough scaling options, and also does not scale the mouse cursor like system DPI settings do.

ANET if you are reading this, can we get a dev or customer service reply please to let us know that your company is aware of this issue? Also, many of your customers are complaining about this issue over on the Guild Wars 2 subreddit as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

I have the same issue too, looks like that first screenshot if I have the preview window centered on my screen. Seems like the frame/cropping for the preview model is messed up when DPI scaling is enabled... I use a large ultrawide monitor, so playing without DPI scaling makes the UI much too small, so I guess borked preview for now until it's fixed :classic_sad:

EDIT: read up a little further and DX9 does fix it as well, so DX 9 it is for now.

Edited by Aydiel.3052

Interestingly, The error you are experiencing used to take effect when changing to a lower quality view. I downgraded to a lower density because my graphics card was temporarily overheating and had the error when previewing on all characters. When I reverted to max quality the problem went away. The last update states that they fixed the issue with lesser quality screens, but ironically that seems to have created it at top quality. I found I could see my full character if I moved the preview screen to the far left of the computer screen, with the character being revealed as if from behind a curtain.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pyx.1906 said:

Interestingly, The error you are experiencing used to take effect when changing to a lower quality view. I downgraded to a lower density because my graphics card was temporarily overheating and had the error when previewing on all characters. When I reverted to max quality the problem went away. The last update states that they fixed the issue with lesser quality screens, but ironically that seems to have created it at top quality. I found I could see my full character if I moved the preview screen to the far left of the computer screen, with the character being revealed as if from behind a curtain.

I agree with the above. Dragging window to the left reveals part of my character

1 hour ago, Ksenia.6134 said:

The same issue. I cant play without the DPI scaling.

I understand that this isnt a purchasing gems matter, where ANET is very quick to response,  but some acknowledgment from the Devs would be nice at this point.

In my case, selecting DX9 corrects the issue, but obviously this shouldnt be a final resolution

• Like 1

Exactly the same issue here. Wanted to preview a few special weapons to decide which course of action i follow next and have the feeling i've hit a not intended roadblock here... Makes the game feel pretty broken which is sad cause right now i got the time to play and even invested some money to have more fun with beautiful clothes,  so arena.net - if you read this, i'll never spend money again for gems if i cant preview things i would buy .... please, do something 😉

• Like 1

• Forum Moderator.3074 changed the title to DPI Scaling broken with most recent patch [Merged]