DPI Scaling broken with most recent patch [Merged]

GEAR.6309

I'm having the same problem as of yesterday's patch: character preview is cut off in hero panel when DPI scaling is enabled with DX11 rendering.

Running on a Ryzen 5900X, 32MB DDR4-3200 RAM, AMD B550 chipset mobo, and Geforce RTX 3090 with latest official drivers. Tried on a 1440p 75Hz monitor over DP and a 4K 60Hz TV over HDMI, in both windowed and fullscreen modes with various in-game rendering resolutions. In Windows settings, display is always set to the screen's native res with scaling applied (2560x1440 with 125% scaling and 3840x2160 with 300% scaling, respectively).

View is fine only if I turn off DPI scaling (undesirable solution as interface is too small) or revert to DX9 (also not a very desirable solution).

Edited by Jerem.7360
formatting

4 hours ago, ShadowCatz.8437 said:

There is already a thread about broken pre-view in Hero and Gem Store panel on this forum.

You might to want to add that information there instead and please use a better title then -Bug Wars 2- as that doesn't describe your problem.

Here is link to that thread

I see, hope they fix it soon... btw isnt about resolution its jus a bug that came with the last path.

So in this case here resolution doesnt interferes in anything.

Last patch nerfed my Asus PG43U monitor!!

After update character model will not display in neither Hero tab nor preview.

Turning off DPI scaling will display Character model, but the UI is reduced to an unplayable size, even when set to "Larger".

Enabling DX9, makes UI ok, and displays Character model but makes everything look like the north end of a south bound Dolyak!

• "DirectX 11: Fixed an issue that caused the Hero panel preview to render incorrectly when not using the default rendering resolution."

Still not working. Still same issue of no Character model in hero panel/preview.

I checked Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070, drivers and DXDiag, AOK.

I checked Display settings on PC and Asus PG43U Monitor AOK.

• Like 1

Probably because they think it's not game breaking, which OK, it's not totally restricting certain activities, but it's kind of game breaking from a mental/mindset perspective to some aspect. A lot of us probably value the "Fashion Wars" aspect of the game and when that's not something that can be utilized nor enjoyed, it becomes a large factor to not want to login. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

It is not really gamebreaking. Some people (including me) might have played with this bug before - for months when using DX11. (Apparently for certain resolutions according to the patch notes - where the recent patch fixed it for me.)

What you should keep in mind: At the moment a lot of people seem to report it - so the new change introduced this bug for a lot of people (while only for a small amount of people they fixed it where it existed before). Since this affects the preview - which most likely is used on the gem store (someone specifically mentioned the gem store here in this thread) ... this should have a high priority. Especially now that it affects a lot of people. They surely don't want to have bugs that directly could affect the sales a lot.

Also they should have an idea where to make the change (since they fixed it for other people while introducing this for people that did not have the bug before). They now just need to make sure that fixing it again won't make it bugged for others where they fixed it. (That is why there is no speedy hotfix. I do not think this will take months again though. Maybe until next week ...)

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Like 1

Basically, when I open the hero panel nothing shows up there as shown here, unless I drag the window into the top left corner of my screen, when I am able to see about half of my character as shown here.

This problem does not exist in Dx9 rendering, it is not fixed by reinstalling the game, deleting the cache, changing resolution or changing between full screen, windowed or windowed full screen, the problem persists with other characters and other accounts on this computer, really strange one.

Thanks

Edit: Just found that other people have reported this same issue and the fix is to turn DPI scaling off

Edited by Hooves.6850
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Hooves.6850 said:

Basically, when I open the hero panel nothing shows up there as shown here, unless I drag the window into the top left corner of my screen, when I am able to see about half of my character as shown here.

Are you using any overlays (e.g., Discord, Overwolf)?

Is your game properly installed outside of Program Files (e.g., C:\Games\Guild Wars 2)?

18 minutes ago, Hooves.6850 said:

Edit: Just found that other people have reported this same issue and the fix is to turn DPI scaling off

Okay. But still curious regarding the above question.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

I've the same issue with the display... it started after the last update, I opened a post here https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/requests/8800076.

https://fastupload.io/en/fwm34m4AfsSiX0o/preview

https://media.giphy.com/media/j4oVPwVQm23rfWXKex/giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Hooves.6850 said:

Edit: I just tried your solution, and it does work, but very uncomeatable as it changes the sizes of the UI and I'm even scaling the UI Size to the largest one, the UI is too small and hard to read things.

But it does solve it, very weird.

Edited by Vizon.4913
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Luthan.5236 said:

It is not really gamebreaking. Some people (including me) might have played with this bug before - for months when using DX11. (Apparently for certain resolutions according to the patch notes - where the recent patch fixed it for me.)

What you should keep in mind: At the moment a lot of people seem to report it - so the new change introduced this bug for a lot of people (while only for a small amount of people they fixed it where it existed before). Since this affects the preview - which most likely is used on the gem store (someone specifically mentioned the gem store here in this thread) ... this should have a high priority. Especially now that it affects a lot of people. They surely don't want to have bugs that directly could affect the sales a lot.

Also they should have an idea where to make the change (since they fixed it for other people while introducing this for people that did not have the bug before). They now just need to make sure that fixing it again won't make it bugged for others where they fixed it. (That is why there is no speedy hotfix. I do not think this will take months again though. Maybe until next week ...)

No preview and no hero panel when you use 4k is a game breaking problem.

You agreed to beta test DX11 so that comes with it. and you still have the option to turn that off.

I'm not as tolerant as you to poorly tested code. I can understand bugs in events, quests, collections' npc behavior and any other in game oddities that really can't ALL be tested prior to every patch.

This is a basic error that broke the game's most basic UI functionality.  It's even a commercially disaster since I can't even preview things on the gem store.

What it tells me is that Anet did not fully test the ui fix they made. It seems, so far anything to do with 4k screens and dpi scaling is not tested well by anet.

• Like 1