DPI Scaling broken with most recent patch [Merged]

GEAR.6309

I have this same issue too . The In-Game scaling is fighting the Windows Scaling whenever Windows Scaling is set to over 100% .

Since I am using a 4k monitor , I had mine set to 200%.

Setting this to 100%  will fix the BUG in GW2 , but now your icons and etc. in Windows will be tiny . 

With most things in Window you can  Hold "CTRL" button and use the "Mouse Wheel" to increase or decrease the size . You can do this to the this to the desktop icons as well. 

Its different from the overall Windows scaling so the GW2 will not reappear.

Not saying this is a great work around , but until they fix this bug it is another option which doesn't have you using DX9 or disabling the GW2 Scaling.

• Haha 1

""THE FIX"".

In the video options tab, leave the DPI scaling box checked, now check the box "Enable DX Rendering" you should be able to see all now. You can now uncheck the "Enable DX Rendering". All should be good till they do a proper fix.

Edited by Gath.5708

4 hours ago, Hawken.7932 said:

BUUUUUMP. Come on, Anet, fix this, seriously.

Like I said, since it doesnt interfere in gameplay it seems they have no rush fixing it.😔

They are more worried about what they'll put on sale on gemstore to get us to spend ou cash $$$  👍😁😁

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

My character model is cut off at the knees in my hero panel.  If i look at gliders and mounts, they are cut off at the bottom and on the right side of the view.  I dont have any overlay programs running.  THis only started after teh last update.  I don't get this on my old windows  laptop.. 

I did submit a report, but they were unable to fix it. 

Is anyone able to help with this.  

Edited by BUGDRY.9534
correct spelling

I run at 4k so DPI Scaling is needed for me, w/out it I can't really see the UI well. But I want to record in 4k as I post videos of gameplay. Please fix this soon, it's been over a week now since I've been able to preview anything and it's really impairing my ability to enjoy playing the game. It's weird seeing gem store items cycle through when a group of your player base can't even see what you're selling.

• Like 1

Since the last update (09/13/2022) I suddenly have a strange bug. When I open the hero menu with H or preview an armor piece, I no longer see my char in the window as if it were hidden by the background. It's funny, however, if I switch off the DPI scaling, everything is there again.

The problem, however, is that without DPI scaling it is very difficult for me to read everything because the font is still extremely small afterwards, despite the large setting. I have a 34 inch gaming monitor 3440x1440. Does anyone have tips or a solution for this? There were two hotfixes from Anet at the moment, but none fixed the problem.

My PC: Ryzen 3900XT - RTX 3080 - 32GB RAM

P.S.: Added a small YouTube video to show my problem better: