DPI Scaling broken with most recent patch [Merged]

GEAR.6309

Really hoping this is fixed in the next patch because it's unplayable at the moment.  Similarly I'd really like to be able to see the new store items (like the ears!) but alas...

This should be treated as a very high priority bug, so it's disappointing not to be getting any more updates about it.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Copy pasting from a similar thread: Since the last living world episode update, I can not see any of my characters from the knees down on any previews including weapon/armor, gem store and the Hero Panel. I have two accounts, both have the same issue. I have a 144 hertz, 4K monitor, sat to native, I've tried full screen and windowed, doesn't matter, still the same problem. If I uncheck the dpi scaling option it fixes itself, but the scaling is way too small to read anything due to using a small screen and not the best eye site. Not an acceptable long term solution..

• Like 1

FOR A QUICK FIX: activate DirectX9 (working for me at least.)

Problem occurs for me as well. I first recognized it after playing with the DirectX9 option. This was just by coincidence but I have seen that the problem does not occur in that case.

I have opened a support ticket with that information.

Edited by Pascal.5792
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Mayura.1908 said:

temporary fix (no need to uncheck DPI scalling and no need to use DX9 mode):

right click on game's exe file, select properties > compatibility tab > click "Override high DPI scalling" > select "System"

save those settings and launch the game

If you do this please note:

• Cursor going to be tiny
  • If using arcDPS you'll see issues w/ window sizes and placement
  • If using OBS this will cause your recorded screen to be very tiny

This is probably the cleanest way for all my fashion wars 2 players though so I don't have to deal w/ seeing a super tiny UI even w/ 'Larger' chosen while in 4k -- but you'll want to turn it off after.

11 hours ago, Mayura.1908 said:

temporary fix (no need to uncheck DPI scalling and no need to use DX9 mode):

right click on game's exe file, select properties > compatibility tab > click "Override high DPI scalling" > select "System"

save those settings and launch the game

Not a good solution - this causes really bad aliasing.

https://imgur.com/a/uCFetxf

Edited by Diremongoose.1326

I don't think there's been any decent work around tbh aside from disabling DPI scaling or reverting to DX9. It causes other issues:

-Disabling DPI scaling makes cursor far too tiny (I personally lose sight of it). Text and windows are also too small, changing UI size makes text seem pixelated and somewhat unclear. 

-DX9 also causes similar issues with windows looking unclear, pixelated, etc. 

@Double Tap, do you have any news from the team you can provide us? 

13 hours ago, China.5268 said:

While the bug keeps on and anet dont give a kitten and have no rush fixing it, they bring new gemstore items so we can spend our money $$$😁😁😁

https://d3b4yo2b5lbfy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/60a85Frostblossom3.jpg

Source:

Good thing we can't see it in the shop preview, so we're not compelled to buy it anyway.

I stopped playing gw2 cause im not into "quick fix" solutions, like changin settings and stuff in menu, this is their problem. You know these last patches aside from the LW1 story have not been so good, this problem along with the balance updates have hit so hard in my perspective that i have "left" for a while, maybe a year or two.  All those gems in my account have been gathering dust and will continue so.

Edited by Xephir.7635
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, abc.4918 said:

Dang, over two weeks and still not fixed, and just barely acknowledged. Guess I should revise my last post where I assumed that surely they'd fix it quickly since it affects the gem store... <joking> Maybe they could more quickly add a hotkey to toggle DPI scaling on/off when you need to preview something. </joking>

If it's a problem that has a workaround, then it's not high on the priority list to acknowledge or even push out a hotfix. If it gets fixed at all, it'll be during a regularly scheduled tri-weekly update (since they don't do it on a bi-weekly basis anymore like they used to). Since you can temporarily uncheck the box for DPI Scaling and turn it back on when you're done previewing what you want to look at, I'm sure they view that as sufficient for the time being.

Anyway, I myself am also having this problem but on my (small-screened) laptop only. Desktop PC previewing works fine without any janky workarounds required. So the fact that this doesn't even affect everyone but maybe a small portion of players who cared enough to check the forums about the issue might also be a part of why addressing it isn't a priority as well.

I know some of you do not like the work around of removing the DPI checkbox, but for now the solution I use works out pretty well for some people.

1. go into options and uncheck the DPI scaling

2. in the display options set interface to larger

3. in the chat options - little cog above the chat set the text to large.

it makes the ui close to the DPI scaling with a bit better resolution.

I live with that untill they fix the issue.

• Like 1

On 9/13/2022 at 8:33 PM, Angelus.3701 said:

Same issue as in the Screenshot above, only work around to this sofar for me has been unticking the DPI scaling option in the settings which makes everything so small even with the highest UI scale setting.

Correct! It is all so small that I can't read anything even items' icons in inventory are too small

3 hours ago, Datriman.6714 said:

I know some of you do not like the work around of removing the DPI checkbox, but for now the solution I use works out pretty well for some people.

1. go into options and uncheck the DPI scaling

2. in the display options set interface to larger

3. in the chat options - little cog above the chat set the text to large.

it makes the ui close to the DPI scaling with a bit better resolution.

I live with that untill they fix the issue.

ty ill try

Smooth beauty of GW2 in 4k is the main reason I stuck with the game. I'm not going to play or buy any new items until they fix the issue. If devs don't care about their loyal customers because they are minority (non-FHD), I will vote with my only available resource - my time. I consider it an opportunity to look/shop around. See you all later. Maybe.

Edited by corwinjino.9478
  • Like 1