DPI Scaling broken with most recent patch [Merged]

GEAR.6309

Same issue. I found a Reddit thread about it before I found this report thread. Luckily I'm able to use the "fix" with unchecking DPI scaling, but it makes the ui for everything so small even if I'm not on a 4k monitor.

My fashion is impacted severely if I can't see my characters as well as I used to with scaling :U

1 hour ago, Double Tap said:

Hello everyone!

We've fixed this bug internally and will be pushing out a fix with our next update. Your reports were extremely helpful in identifying a cause. Thank you so much for your help!

Thats awesome, I really can't play on my 4k monitor without it.
Cheers!

15 hours ago, Double Tap said:

Hello everyone!

We've fixed this bug internally and will be pushing out a fix with our next update. Your reports were extremely helpful in identifying a cause. Thank you so much for your help!

Thanks so much for confirming that a fix has been figured out!  Great news!

• Like 1

So I've read a lot of people are having an issue with being able to preview their character on higher resolution screens. I also had this issue and found the issue is with the display scale. Generally when you move up to a larger screen the display automatically changes the scale for the new monitor. So you will  be automatically moved to say 150% and this will cause you to be able to preview your character but only in the top left. The fix is to just set it to 100%. This will make everything on your monitor smaller, but will make previewing and your game normal. This isn't a solution for Anet, but may help those who want to play and preview a little easier. Also when you do this just set interface size to larger in settings so its not super small.

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Lunarian.3947 said:

So I've read a lot of people are having an issue with being able to preview their character on higher resolution screens. I also had this issue and found the issue is with the display scale. Generally when you move up to a larger screen the display automatically changes the scale for the new monitor. So you will  be automatically moved to say 150% and this will cause you to be able to preview your character but only in the top left. The fix is to just set it to 100%. This will make everything on your monitor smaller, but will make previewing and your game normal. This isn't a solution for Anet, but may help those who want to play and preview a little easier. Also when you do this just set interface size to larger in settings so its not super small.

Or just turn off DPI scaling as suggested in all the other posts/threads on this issue. 

Or just wait for the upcoming fix (Oct. 4th). 

Edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234

9 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Or just turn off DPI scaling as suggested in all the other posts/threads on this issue. 

Or just wait for the upcoming fix (Oct. 4th). 

Where is this October 4th fix documented? I'd like to know where they're posting fixes prior to the actual fix.  Thanks!

Edited by ZioGio.9102
Clarification

On 9/30/2022 at 11:57 PM, Double Tap said:

Hello everyone!

Thank you for your hard work.

• 2 months later...