Power Quick Herald Advice

kanorsanity.9752

Hi all,

So was looking at the power quick herald build and seems good.

Was wondering… shall i go with the SC or hardstuck build?

the one has 30% book duration the other 50%? do you really need 50%?

also because theres many different stat pieces i dont really want to make more sets for open world… is it good enough for open world to?

thankyou

SC build is probably designed taking in mind a team in which an alacrity provider is up 100% of the time, so they limit the diviner pieces to min max damage.

Both run exactly the same traits. If you don't have a legendary armor to try them, I would encourage you to craft berserker armor pieces and play with the diviner/berserker ratios in the trinkets, which are easy to farm in the seasonal maps.

For OW the stats could be fine (zerker and diviner also works well with renegade builds) but the traits and runes not (can be easily adjusted, tho). IMO the best OW builds for Rev are either condi Renegade (with or without alacrity depending on if you're soloing or teaming) or celestial Herald.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 9/14/2022 at 4:09 PM, kanorsanity.9752 said:

the one has 30% book duration the other 50%? do you really need 50%?

Firstly, wait for balance preview which supposedly will be available today in few hours. Something might change how any build works now.

Secondly, go 50%, then test your rotation on golem. if after few tries you will feel its not enough for you get more boon duration. you can use food and utility which increases boon duration, then if that is not enough change some gear piece or sigil. choose whatever is cheaper for you.

remember you need less boon duration in fractals.  

you need to be carefull with boon duration , those online builds often suggest perfect scenario with no interrupt and you doing perfect rotation, which not always in place. your job as support is to guarantee your boon uptime.

its ok to sacrifice some damage to ensure you provide that uptime, especially at the start when you still practice.

Edited by Polar.8634
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/14/2022 at 4:09 PM, kanorsanity.9752 said:

also because theres many different stat pieces i dont really want to make more sets for open world… is it good enough for open world to?

btw why would you want support build for open world. just use berserker gear on herald, you dont need divined for open world its too expensive for that purpose. 

if you just want to have quickness/be supportive, take traits like in the build you found, berserker gear, rune of the pack, maybe concentration food/sigils, sigil of celerity and you are good.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2022 at 6:35 PM, Kydar Schattendolch.6879 said:

Herald:
"Draconic Echo" is revamped to the following effect:
You retain your facet passives for a duration after using their consume abilities. Using a upkeep skill grants quickness to allies around you.
Quickness shared with Herald upkeep skills can be stacked.
Quickness: 1s (per Herald upkeep skill in use)
Maximum count for Herald upkeep skills: 3
Quickness: 2s (for other legends upkeep skills in use)
Interval: 3s
Radius: 600

Quickness will be removed on the herald in WvW and PvP, but I still think it should be as stated above, it would use more of a revenant related mechanic and use the same mechanic with those traits, I thought it was a nicer way to use it than a stupid skill spam.

8 hours ago, Seraphus.3061 said:

Or, you could delete your herald, and play any other class. Who wants to play a class where the entire rotation boils down to spamming your facet skills on CD? It was better without quickness tbh.

It was objectively worse without quickness and the new rotation is practically identical to the old dps rotations

Edited by LucianTheAngelic.7054

1 hour ago, Angesombre.4630 said:

Quickness will be removed on the herald in WvW and PvP, but I still think it should be as stated above, it would use more of a revenant related mechanic and use the same mechanic with those traits, I thought it was a nicer way to use it than a stupid skill spam.

I would really like to see it changed to my suggestion, but I doubt  it will ever happen. But there is a little bit of hope left for the november update XD

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Seraphus.3061 said:

Or, you could delete your herald, and play any other class. Who wants to play a class where the entire rotation boils down to spamming your facet skills on CD? It was better without quickness tbh.

He could still  run the same gear and play Renegade providing pemanent group alacrity just pushing a button each 10-12 seconds; no need to reroll.

Also, aside from Rev, the only other mele power class which is meta a the moment is Bladesworn, there's not like can "play any other class" filling his tastes: rest of the meta is either ranged power or condi.