Ready Ore Not, ore node 16, needs to be accessible after the final sequence.

Please either...

• move node 16 so that it is reachable from the elevator shaft after the final sequence
  • do not time-gate the final sequence
  • ...or...
  • provide a repeat-for-achievement option starting from the last boss fight.

This story step should be considered too long to force a full repeat for the Ready Ore Not achievement if the player misses that last node.

I had a solo run at the story step with the intent to complete it and get the nodes along the way. I got to the end, set the charges, started the end sequence, and didn't see node 16 anywhere. I didn't notice a countdown timer. I took a moment to /wiki.

The article was really clear and helpful. I hadn't missed it. It was at the end and it was time-gated. Okay.

I ran to the end and started to harvest the node. I missed by about a quarter of a second - it ported me to the elevator shaft. Standing in the elevator shaft, there is no way to get back to the node. I have to repeat the entire story step from the start. This is a 20-30 minute investment for a solo player, basically a run through two of the Dredge fractal sequences together.

Thank you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Maybe it's easier if you watch a video of someone doing it? If i struggle with an achievement, sometimes it helps to watch a video. As you can see here, Ayin had around 25 seconds left when she got to the node. So she had good time to finish it. 

Some achievements are meant to be more difficult to get, and take a few tries to finish. Some can be annoying, but most are actually not so difficult when you know how to do them. Finding out how to do them is half the fun for some ppl doing these. For us others, we got wiki and youtube. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

Hello Freya,

I like your response. I think you understand what I'm saying, and I do appreciate the effort that you've made to do some coaching here. I think it's very fair to suggest that more preparation for achievements is a good idea. I think you're right and I hope our new friends who have joined GW2 recently take heed of it.

I've played GW2 for over ten years now. What you're suggesting is definitely not not new to me. I will admit to this being a bit of an object lesson in staying humble.

I hadn't completed all of Flame and Frost before, and went ahead and took care of it all this evening. Repeating that story, I've since learned that those purple replay options are actually available. You can continue from the last boss fight of that story step, repeat the explosives step, and reach the last node without too much extra investment.

So there we go! I complained in haste.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, Kate Soulguard.7132 said:

Hello Freya,

I like your response. I think you understand what I'm saying, and I do appreciate the effort that you've made to do some coaching here. I think it's very fair to suggest that more preparation for achievements is a good idea. I think you're right and I hope our new friends who have joined GW2 recently take heed of it.

I've played GW2 for over ten years now. What you're suggesting is definitely not not new to me. I will admit to this being a bit of an object lesson in staying humble.

I hadn't completed all of Flame and Frost before, and went ahead and took care of it all this evening. Repeating that story, I've since learned that those purple replay options are actually available. You can continue from the last boss fight of that story step, repeat the explosives step, and reach the last node without too much extra investment.

So there we go! I complained in haste.

Except you didn't complain in haste at all in my opinion.  Your complaint is valid.  Things such as this is what makes for poor gaming experiences.  I spent hours trying to do this on two different characters without any youtube or online guides.  I found a hidden ore naturally while going through story.  Was intrigued.  Went from there, was booted from instance on one character towards end...not a big deal, is part of GW2 makeup, restarting long instances because of tiny connection issues...but got to 16th ore finally on another character and was instantly killed and ported to elevevator.  Then booted from instance.  (got reward for story, did not get the 16th ore.)

Most people do not think this is a fun time.  In fact, it is time and money thoroughly wasted.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

I actually just did this yesterday. I had a strange feeling they were gonna be troll-ish with the very last node for some reason so by the time I hit 15 I looked up a video. XD

Too bad I have to do it again anyways for momentos. Can't do anything in this game without investigative journalism before every instance. It's especially dangerous when you reach the realm of no skip-buttons. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Hi Vertmont Champlain and Doggie,

Honestly it is pretty validating to read your perspective too, since that's why I came to the forums in the first place. Everyone seems to be hitting on valid points. I withdrew my complaint because, in the end, anet did implement what I was asking for. It seemed right to at least acknowledge that.

On the other side, there's no denying that the whole thing felt pretty trollish. The player is actively encouraged to go slow and explore. Find nodes. Find investigation pages. None of the nodes prior to #16 have time constraints placed on them. There's no way to get back in to fix it afterward on the first run through this longish story step. In that context, when we are trained to be reluctant to move forward without searching around, the last node is kind of a kick in the kitten. For me it felt so disproportionately weird and punitive and had such an appearance of finality that it motivated a trip to the forums to say something about it.

Anyway I really appreciate all the supportive replies and I agree with all of them.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1