Signet of Rage wish.

DanAlcedo.3281

4 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Added effects:

- Adrenalin does not degenerate outside of combat. 

- Adrenalin regeneration from the Signet works outside of combat. 

That change would be my Sword into a Greatsword if you now what I mean. 

I just want to point out that Virt gets to charge blades out of combat so that they can use their new shinnies right at the beginning. Meanwhile on Warrior...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Personally, I think adrenaline should be treated similarly to rev energy:

Regenerates passively out of combat up to 10 points (or 30 flow).

Passively generates without limit (maybe 2 points every 3 seconds) while in combat in addition to other sources of adrenaline gain. 

This would allow warrior to enter combat with a T1 burst and make higher tier bursts more regularly accessible. As a result, certain other traits/traitlines (e.g., cleansing ire or versatile rage in discipline) become less mandatory to keep access to adrenaline. 

current adrenaline system so bad, it is locking so many diversity, playstyle and traits

simply because one simply does not generate enough adrenaline.

spellbreaker needs discpline, or else it is completely unplayable for how bad the adrenaline is.

there are no class other then warrior that needs to sacrifice so much only to use their class mechanic reliably

Edited by felix.2386
  • Like 5

I'd rework it entirely. It's useless every single piece of content outside of MAYBE low intensity solo open world builds and it's especially bad in pvp.

Passive: 2adrenaline/2s
Active: 20 might for 4s, Fury for 6s, Swiftness for 6s.
1s activation time
40s CD

That's not even worthy of being a normal skill, let alone an elite skill that has to compete with Head Butt, Tactical Reload and Rampage.

I would like to see it turned into a mainly small-scale oriented elite ability viable for all specs;

Passive: Prevent adrenaline decay
Active: 10 adrenaline, 10 unblockable attacks, Attacks gain a follow-up strike for X damage that inflict 1 vulnerability for X seconds
0.5s Activation time
40s CD

(Values are for PvP/WvW)

Edited by Nova.4608

These changes would definitely make the signet truly elite.

But like others, I always felt adrenaline shouldn't decay regardless of elite. Back when they changed adrenaline to decay all that time ago, they said that it was thematically better for adrenaline to die down like in real life.

Here's something else thematically accurate: on a battlefield, tensions are high. Adrenaline is always building.

There. It works thematically. We can now change it back lol.

• Like 1

I could understand such massive adrenaline decay in PvP if it was for balancing purpose back then, but it's been years since then and modern GW2 is different, it is much more fast-paced game. 

It is pretty annoying killing a monster in PvE and not being able to reach mob 10 meters away without adrenaline being lost tbh. 

• Like 4

On 9/18/2022 at 2:06 PM, Mikali.9651 said:

I could understand such massive adrenaline decay in PvP if it was for balancing purpose back then, but it's been years since then and modern GW2 is different, it is much more fast-paced game. 

It is pretty annoying killing a monster in PvE and not being able to reach mob 10 meters away without adrenaline being lost tbh. 

yea, entire warrior system is outdated, new patch did bring some modernization, but it is far from enough.

• Thanks 1

My suggestion would be to make Signet of Rage active an instant cast stun break and condition cleanse, and maybe give Protection and Resolution instead of the drastically short offensive boons. This will also warrant its unreasonably long cd. In its current state, the offensive boons are just too short lived and the cast time doesn't really help for what its meant to do.

and like everyone suggested they should make the passive effect of Signets active even when the Signets are on cooldown.

Also, I really believe Adrenaline decay should be removed and Adrenaline should be a regenerating resource for Warrior, its outdated, the game has become fast paced enough to warrant it.

• Confused 1

Considering what little they are doing with it for Oct. 4th they seem to be happy with where it will be in Competitive...

I think it needs more might stacks in PvE for being an elite...

Hm... here is an idea...

Signet of Rage: In addition to its previous effects this skill now grants the warrior 10 adrenaline per second for the next 5s.

The amount of adrenaline and the duration are up for debate, but I chose 10 adrenaline because for PvE at least a Berserker could use it to chain Decaps back to back during a short window like during a burst phase. Might need to be 5 - 7 adrenaline in PvP/WvW to keep it from steamrolling.

they are adding a ton of adrenaline back to rage skill, they do realize how berserker struggle so much with adrenaline in pvp.

they seem to be happy with the amount of adrenaline gain and sacrifice spellbreaker has, which is fine, i feel it's ok too.

while bladesworn has it's own system, still can't tell if it is enough with the new sustain nerf.

what's struggling alot is core warrior, but they seem to think with power core going back to defense with cleansing ire, it would be fine too, which i kinda agree.

core power war with gs/axe/shield with new shield mastery and cleansing ire, i do believe it will be enough adrenaline.

compared to the tactic version which has 0 adrenaline gain.

CMC said nobody would use it even with buff, it makes perfect sense, since shield mastery and cleansing ire alone will give enough adrenaline for core power, so it can still take rampage..

On 9/16/2022 at 12:03 AM, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

But is it a short sword though?

Average. Like painfully average.

But it kills everything just fine. From goblins to dragons.

Anyway, imagine being a Berserker in WvW and you can actually start a fight with a Burst Skill. My Short Sword just grew 10 inches thinking about it.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Going to bring the D in big DPS?

Its just annoying in a Pirate Ship fight in wvw to get infight and stay infight.

To much Projectile Hate to hit someone with 1-5. Best way is literally running into trash aoe but i still get OOC constantly.

And i need to use a Adrenalin filling ability ontop ... just so i can even do anything.

Sure, IF! we do a melee push thats a different story but if Signet prevents Adrenalin drain, i can start a fight with Scorched Earth and get Adrenalin from the hits.

Would make everything so much better for Zerker in WvW.

Edited by DanAlcedo.3281

Tbh, Tactics still looks useful for core with a potential 24 sec CD SiO. And there is TTL. I have tried incorporating it in the classic tactics build with SoR. It can get you some decent adrenaline, but I feel like TTL needs a cast-time decrease, not just buffs in Endurance gained. Or better yet, have it max out adrenaline with 5 pulses of 6 adrenaline for some constant application of adrenaline instead of a one-go thing which can miss. 

Sure it clashes with Berserker's Stance, but that on it's own needs a change to, for which I'd suggest immunity to conditions for it's duration and Adrenaline Gain  per condi on you (2 adrenaline per condition, per 2 seconds). Idea being, condition immunity with a reward of adrenaline to chain your bursts once it ends and for TTL to be something more than a pathetic support skill.