New weapon with new spec.

Brodix.5214

scenario 1: I wish axe main hand with 900 range and mainly focused on ice skills or water tornados like sunqua peak something like that, high hopium for it

scenario 2: is where the copium it has no limit. I actually wish every class to be able to wear any weapon ;3 that would be cool, not 100 elite specs, just all weapons.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine.5014 said:

Any new weapon is fine as long as it's ranged. Only when Ele haa a range focus weapon that ANet would fix Ele traits to not be melee focus.

I mean a ranged weapon would probably come with ranged traits in the spec. But I don't see other traits being changed that much to match. Who knows, but I find it unlikely. 

• Like 1

My absolute favourite would be a spear. Longbow and GS are imo the most likely options. 

Another cool option would be to remove the Espec weapon restrictions. Currently if you're using some 1h weapons you still end up stuck with the same old core main hand/offhand weapons. Removing the Espec restriction would instantly almost double all build variations. 

• Like 1

I think at this point giving elementalist another melee weapon just leads to further bruiser builds that they have no idea what to do with and will be stuck in an endless cycle of buffs and nerfs. 

Personally I'd still like an arcane themed longbow spec that's highly mobile and more single target oriented - with potential to be built for aoe. 

Give it actual blinks, create some lore that says it "learned from mesmers" like mesmers learned from thieves for mirage. Idk. 

As far as how the spec would work, I would imagine there being ONE arcane attunement with utility skills that allow it to augment those weapon skills or temporarily switch over during the duration like kits to perform different functions. CC and damage oriented with a lot of blinking/long range leaping abilities. 

Greatsword could work - and I'm fine with bruiser spec - but let's give them Arcane shroud or just somekind of transformation ability so that they aren't relying on combo fields/cc aggression/weapon skill evades/blocks for sustain. Let them transform into a giant armored elemental creature with shroud abilities that change based on attunement or something. (Thinking something like a modern dervish.)

• Like 2