What race(s) make for the best and worst Warriors? Please justify your response.

oscuro.9720

What race makes for the best and worst Warrior? Please justify your choice.  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Which race makes for the best Warrior?

2. 2. What race makes for the worst Warrior?

All armies have their grunts, the soldiers on the field and in the trenches. And so any race will have its grunts, its warriors.

That said, pretty kitten near the entirety of Charr civilization is founded upon war and the warrior caste. Plus, they have some great animations.

Then we have Asura ... with the possible exception of Gorrik necessitating 5 Cavaliers to subdue him, we don't get much in the way of tales of Asuran brawn.

9 hours ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

Yeah, I was more adding to your point rather than opposing it. Dream sylvari seem to be more inclined to being curious about things rather than fighting, and professions like ranger allow them to have the ability to fight without building their identity around it.

That said, I think this probably goes double for asura. Asura really put a high cultural premium on magitech and research, which tends to push them into scholar professions, engineer, and thief in an "unconventional information collection" role. Sylvari also seem to be a bit more organised and willing to fight for a cause than asura tend to be (noting that there are of course exceptions).

The reason I see Asura as more capable Warriors is because it's not all about strength, it's also about skill. An Asura tactician makes a lot of sense to me, and even without thinking of them as the brainy folk, they have always been capable of defending themselves when push comes to shove.

1 hour ago, Kalthea.4326 said:

The reason I see Asura as more capable Warriors is because it's not all about strength, it's also about skill. An Asura tactician makes a lot of sense to me, and even without thinking of them as the brainy folk, they have always been capable of defending themselves when push comes to shove.

Similar to the sylvari, though, I'd ask whether the typical asura tactician would be a warrior in the first place. Engineers, thieves and scholar professions (if you pay attention to Pact-affiliated unnamed asura, they're often mesmers and elementalists), which seem to be more common for asura, are all capable combatants. If anything, sylvari might well pull ahead because in their native society, they don't have golems to do the heavy melee fighting for them.

There are exceptions such as Warmaster Efut, but broadly speaking I think they're the exceptions that prove the rule. Efut swings heavily away from type. While the sylvari warrior in Brisban may be being called out as being unusual for his profession choice, but he otherwise seems like a typical Dream sylvari.

And there's also the data point of Nightmare Court warriors. Yes, they're more violent than normal for sylvari, but the Inquest are no shrinking violets either...and you still don't see many Inquest warriors.

Edited by draxynnic.3719

4 hours ago, Duglaive.5236 said:

All armies have their grunts, the soldiers on the field and in the trenches. And so any race will have its grunts, its warriors.

That said, pretty kitten near the entirety of Charr civilization is founded upon war and the warrior caste. Plus, they have some great animations.

Then we have Asura ... with the possible exception of Gorrik necessitating 5 Cavaliers to subdue him, we don't get much in the way of tales of Asuran brawn.

That’s not what Warrior is at all, you have been tainted by the false messaging of the lesser professions. Fear not, ye of heathen thought, the word shall proffer enlightenment should thee wish to take it. 

Those are but common soldiers. Your common man, whom hath taken up the blade either due to threat, or his lord hath forced the man to dedicate himself to the fight. No. These are not warriors. When confronted with the savagery of war, are they elated? Do they seek out the glory of the battle, not for victory or defeat, but for the sake of battle itself? Do spend their lives pressing forward into the darkness alone on a quest to find what lies beyond the edge of infinity? No! 

For Heraclitus hath spoken of this truth! “Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn’t even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.”

Edited by oscuro.9720

Charr make the best Warriors obviously. *takes big bite off Dolyak leg. ✔️🍖 🥩

Norn come in a pretty close second, look the best in heavy armor. ✔️💪

Asura have the cutest Warrior animations, too bad they're not tiny Charr. Mice.🐭

Humans are stinky, and Mesmers, stinky humans, stinky human Mesmers. 🚫💢🦋

Salad make the worst Warriors, low fat, low carbohydrate, everything wrong with the world, except maybe Canach, cuz he's cool. 🚫🥗

• Confused 1

Why talk theories when there are plain undisputable facts proving which race is worst and which best.
The best race: obviously Sylvari - have you seen Canach? Kicked an elder dragon's kitten, and not just any elder dragon but the one that was his race's creator! Acorns of iron on that one. And that's just a small, side achievement compared to him being Canach!

The worst race: Charr. Forget elder dragons, their "legendary warrior" gets defanged and declawed by one charr female (Crecia).
Not to mention they have entire legion of warriors (Blood legion) that most frequently are seen drinking, partying and vandalizing stuff, while real work (like ghosts and branded) is left undone..

Ps. Canach got out from under "that horrible woman's thumb". More than can be said for Rytlock..

Edited by ZeftheWicked.3076
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, ZeftheWicked.3076 said:

Why talk theories when there are plain undisputable facts proving which race is worst and which best.
The best race: obviously Sylvari - have you seen Canach? Kicked an elder dragon's kitten, and not just any elder dragon but the one that was his race's creator! Acorns of iron on that one. And that's just a small, side achievement compared to him being Canach!

The worst race: Charr. Forget elder dragons, their "legendary warrior" gets defanged and declawed by one charr female (Crecia).
Not to mention they have entire legion of warriors (Blood legion) that most frequently are seen drinking, partying and vandalizing stuff, while real work (like ghosts and branded) is left undone..

Ps. Canach got out from under of "that horrible woman's thumb". More than can be said for Rytlock..

Shots fired. I repeat, shots fired.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, ZeftheWicked.3076 said:

Ps. Canach got out from under of "that horrible woman's thumb". More than can be said for Rytlock..

I'm sorry, Countess, I didn't see you standing right in front of me in clear view.

• Haha 1