Tempest is the better Catalyst? here´s why!

Sahne.6950

4 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

I just wish the feedback for this build would be better. As this is actually fun and after the cata nerfs probably the strongest build aswell...  i mean.. i have yet to loose a fight against a catalyst 😂

Alot of people just see something that is not considered "meta" and they think its bad.....    They are literally missing out on free elo and serotonin! 

I have a serious question about your build. Do I have to tell  "I am not a support" every match with this build? How do I deal with rage for picking tempest and not playing support?

lol the moment it is sage based condition build it is trash compared to power cata.

as a cheap low burst condition build, yea it work in gold where nobody knows how to press buttons..

but that's it.

just like those cheap shortbow soulbeast builds.

i hate these kinds of useless cheap low skill builds with a passion, you will never climb high with these kind of builds and you will never learn anything playing these kind of builds.

sure you can get some cheap elo with this build at your level, but that's all you will ever get.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 6

12 hours ago, felix.2386 said:

lol the moment it is sage based condition build it is trash compared to power cata.

as a cheap low burst condition build, yea it work in gold where nobody knows how to press buttons..

but that's it.

i hate these kinds of useless cheap low skill builds with a passion, you will never climb high with these kind of builds and you will never learn anything playing these kind of builds.

sure you can get some cheap elo with this build at your level, but that's all you will ever get.

But how do you really feel? Just an absolute ray of sunshine! 😂😂😂

Edited by crewthief.8649
  • Haha 1

On 9/23/2022 at 6:20 PM, felix.2386 said:

but that's it.

You are aware that i am playing this in platin 2!?

I have had a dozen of people just like you /whispering me, because they thought that this build will never work. I then fought them and they quickly had to change their minds.

/w me and i will open your eyes. Tempest bruiser baby! The time is now!

Edited by Sahne.6950

On 9/23/2022 at 4:47 PM, Spellhunter.9675 said:

I have a serious question about your build. Do I have to tell  "I am not a support" every match with this build? How do I deal with rage for picking tempest and not playing support?

i tell people that i dont play support at the start of every round.

Should i see that the enemy team is rocking 4 or more powerbuilds i switch to Earth/Water Tempest with stoneheart, simply because at that point Aurashare will outperform the bruiserbuild without a doubt. So i am flexible with my build. When the team needs it, or we already have a dedicated sidenoder, i will go support.

How to deal with the rage? Just carry them 😄 Cant be mad at someone that is carrying you, even tho you dont understand how hes doing it.

jokes aside. I actually never had someone that actually went full-on QQ mode, because i didnt play support. I had a few people telling me that this is dumb, and we are gonna loose because of me. I then just tell them to trust me and i dont let them down^^

Edited by Sahne.6950

On 9/16/2022 at 12:29 AM, Sahne.6950 said:

I Claim, that this build right here: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgAg2lZwGZasLGJO0PntdA-z5YXGJUARmAGPAA

Is outperforming the current metaCatalyst.

You can fill the role of the Sidenoder / roamer and even midfighter just as well as Cata can.

And ontop of that you also win the MU against Catalyst EVERY SINGLE TIME. But why?

Your magaura disables the Catalyst hammer "3" skills. If the circling hammers hit you and you have magaura, they damage the catalyst and then disappear. Against the build that i posted, the Catalyst can not use his "3" and the corresponding buffs and skills AT ALL.

Thats why you win all your sidenode fights against Catas, simply because you are their hardest counter. The Matchups against the other popular choices are also heavily favoring you.

Rifleengie, BSW, Virtuoso, Herald, Ranger, Dragonhunters, Deadeyes, Harbingers.... all of those matchups are a hard win for the tempest. 

Last season i ended p2 with this.

Edit: anyone voting confused...  You should really listen to the people here that have tested this build. Youd be surprised! THIS IS ACTUALLY INCREDIBLY STRONG!

Troll post? Pretty sure everyone knows cata hard wins that MU

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hellz.3058 said:

Troll post? Pretty sure everyone knows cata hard wins that MU

100% not a troll post! 

Well.... Cata would win against your everyday 0815 Supporttempest, your right. But this build is not your everyday tempestbuild.

Bring your cata or someone that is good on cata and i will show you how hard Tempest will win this matchup 💥

The interaction between tempest´s magaura and the hammer "3" skills, makes this MU ezpz. All of your circling projectiles simply backfire on you and then simply disappear, so you cant use the skills and/or the corresponding buffs AT ALL. Should you dare to press your 3 key..... you get hurt....

This interaction alone makes Cata one of the easier matchups for this specific tempestbuild.

add me ingame! i will be on later today.

Edited by Sahne.6950

@Sahne.6950 You should be glad so many people are spamming you with confused emojis. It just means it's less likely the build will catch on and get instantly nerfed. 

I play a dagger warhorn build personally because I love the aggressive playstyle. Cyclone into after shock into shocking aura into overload air into transmute into earthen rush for a constant chain of stuns and immobilizes.  Wildfire and Dust storm for node pressure. Lightning orb as they're locked down for burst damage and vulnerability. Heat sync to supercharge your team with 25 might. Very good for locking down targets as you support your team. 

Edited by Kuma.1503

I think what many people fail to understand is there are a ton of builds that are outside the meta that work in ranked.  Most semi decent builds can get you into plat with enough practice. 

One of the general issues people see with this build is that it doesnt fit into the outnumber and burst meta we have currently. Its very much a node holder playstyle that fit the pre EoD meta.

Also, condi has a bad rep for getting kills which is a valid arguement. One support on the enemy team can counter most of your team presense. High sustain builds could probably counter play you.

For a build like this to really shine you would need a team that could play around holding far all game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, FrownyClown.8402 said:

For a build like this to really shine you would need a team that could play around holding far all game.

Its very much a node holder playstyle that fit the pre EoD meta.

High sustain builds could probably counter play you.

Thats is somewhat true. While this build excells in holding its ground in 1vX on a sidenode,  this builds damage is also almost 100% aoe. which means that bunkering down on midnode works wonder with this!

DuoQing with a support and just bunkering on a node never was this easy 😄

Regardless of what people think "fits in the meta", this build can stall a 1v2 multiple minutes and will win pretty much any Matchup besides specter, which is of extreme value in a setting like Conquest. If you have a Sidenoder, whichs matchupchart allows it to win any 1v1 against the other popular sidenoder/roamer.... THAT IS GOOD GOOD!

High sustainbuilds..... well.... The only one that comes to mind as problematic is a BSW with rune of trooper. Should he kite me nonstop and just try and not die... i cant kill him. But the second he tries to push me off the node, he has to sit in my fields and will eat the famos root->stun->root->stun combo and melt. But there is no highsustain build that will be able to kill me. Worst case scenario..... its a stalemate.

Boyce was able to get me on his BSW... but that is about all the Bladesworns i have died too with this build😂

8 hours ago, Kuma.1503 said:

You should be glad so many people are spamming you with confused emojis. It just means it's less likely the build will catch on and get instantly nerfed.

true 😄

Sadly any nerf to supporttempest, will also affect this build.  People are crying about shockaura and Conjure Earthshield nonstop 🙄

Edited by Sahne.6950