Krait Obelisk Shard Not Appearing

Having a problem with getting a krait obelisk shard in Bloodtide Coast. It's the one in the underwater cavern, next to the Flooded Castavall's waypoint. Just slightly north of it. I'm not sure why, but it isn't there for me. I've tried logging in on different characters and nothing. Has anyone else had this issue?

It's the final one I need and at the moment I'm unable to complete the Toxic Krait Historian achievement.

Edited by MarzyMarrs.9870
  • Confused 1

Just did this achievement. I noticed that I had already used some shards, cause I started with (I think from when the event was around the first time) 6 already unlocked. I used a video for the locations and the ones I already had sometimes showed as the shard but I could not commune with it. Grayed out so to speak. But some others I already had, didn't show up at all.

Went through the whole video and found all of them, they all showed up as an icon on the map whenever I got close.

So is it possible you already have this one and need a different one?

Edited by SandraSolace.7682
Forgot something
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, SandraSolace.7682 said:

Just did this achievement. I noticed that I had already used some shards, cause I started with (I think from when the event was around the first time) 6 already unlocked. I used a video for the locations and the ones I already had sometimes showed as the shard but I could not commune with it. Grayed out so to speak. But some others I already had, didn't show up at all.

Went through the whole video and found all of them, they all showed up as an icon on the map whenever I got close.

So is it possible you already have this one and need a different one?

Hmm, I thought that might have been the case, but there's just nothing showing at all. With other ones I've already got, they still show up and it lets me interact with them. There's no shard there at all though. I've also went through a video guide and have got every one except this one.

I'll link an image of it.

https://imgur.com/a/EoGd3Xl

EDIT: Turns out after reset, I one of the ones it wasn't letting me get reset and now it let me get it. So no longer an issue.

Edited by MarzyMarrs.9870
No longer an problem

It would be really nice if the achievement was updated to show what obelisks you have got and which you have not, like the investigative study and the like.

Achievements which require you to hit X unique places without providing any indication of those places are a poor UI choice.  Maybe the idea is to make them more challenging, as if the achievement send Gendarran fields #1, Gendarran fields #2, Gendarraen fields #3, you would then know there are 3 on that map.  But at this point, I really wonder how many players are going to go through every map looking for them - I suspect 99% of players are just going to the wiki to see where they are.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Still and issue as the last one I need in Mount Maelstrom is not there. West of Olde Sledge Site WP. All other have come up but this one was never there. I've gone back to the others to make sure I wasn't tracking but this is the one I missed... Never existed for me.