Returning player needs help

nLockdown.7618

Hello fellow Gw bros.

I used to play hardcore until I finished heart of thorns and then left the game because adult stuff called..

Well...after all these years I kinda want to get back into the game, but on a more chill and casual note. Problem is, I've lost my old account (3 legendary weaps and set QQ rip). I had a hotmail back then and well...used an email that I created when I was like 12 with ranom names and birthdates so..long story short...I cant access my account because it asks for a code on the email and the email is unrecoverable and thats fine.

I used to play mesmer only and honestly loved the class, my only problem was that power builds werent really a thing and staff was a condi/ defensive weapon.

So anyway...this time around I decided to roll a guardian...re-bought all expansions and got a sweet lv 80 boost, etc. Problem is..I have no clue how to play guardian. What builds are the best for solo and group play...

Now that I have unlocked the expansion content..do I just complete it in order? Or is there a more efficient way of doing it?

I honestly went for guardian because its kitten and Firebrand is right up my alley, altough having a Longbow its pretty kitten (gotta love that zodiac longbow tho).

Any help and tips would be massively appreciated.

Edit: also gear wise...what am i looking aT? celestial? berserker? thanks!

19 hours ago, nLockdown.7618 said:

So anyway...this time around I decided to roll a guardian...re-bought all expansions and got a sweet lv 80 boost, etc. Problem is..I have no clue how to play guardian. What builds are the best for solo and group play...

Now that I have unlocked the expansion content..do I just complete it in order? Or is there a more efficient way of doing it?

I honestly went for guardian because its kitten and Firebrand is right up my alley, altough having a Longbow its pretty kitten (gotta love that zodiac longbow tho).

Any help and tips would be massively appreciated.

Edit: also gear wise...what am i looking aT? celestial? berserker? thanks!

If you are already at level 80 and you have the boosted gear my advice would be to select celestial stats and to start to unlock the Firebrand spec first, which is ok for solo content but the best for teaming. Then I would focus on Willbender unlocks since is better at solo/PvP and for me more fun to play. Last would be Dragon Hunter since is currently underpowered compared to the other two.

For builds, recently Mighty Teapot started at Youtube a "From 0 to Hero" series of videos using a Guardian as starting point and would help you a lot understanding how to operate the class (mind that He's a very good player, so don't expect to have the same success without having some pains learning the systems).

If you're starting from level 1 I would go with a condi build:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PWABk6t3lVwAZIsP2IO+OmrMA-zRZYLBTGpM2oCKjEqgMTB9OAhrHeNn4TD-e

Replace TB stats with Dire or any other core condi gear you earn.