PvP Rewards vs WvW Rewards

Aridon.8362

Now I know Anet in some form or another reads these forums threads as I've been banned from using forums before; which categories they read more often, however, is still in a state of what seems to be an unsolved puzzle so I've meticulously placed this in these forums to further stimulate my hypothesis. Now what I came here to complain about is the rewards for WvW, there seems to be a huge misscommunication as to the way players get rewarded for what they do and how much effort they put into what they play for. The introduction of the reward tracks was a very much favored implementation for both WvW and PvP, and its criticism was not only constructive but also well noted so there's no need to talk about it. However, the skirmish track for WvW versus the skirmish track for PvP is largely unbalanced. It is incredibly demoralizing to know that people who do not need ascended armor or weapons for their game mode are getting them regardless of winning or losing ranked matches, and not only that, but when they reach byzantium chests, they are rewarded with a lot of gold, grandmaster marks, and currency used to purchase ascended trinkets, none of which they actually need for PvP. Meanwhile, in WvW all a player gets is some tickets a little bit of gold, but no grandmaster marks which is largely unfair considering how hard it can be to fight a group of enemies in WvW.

Now I can say this, I've PvPed in ranked so many times and I ended up getting 3 grandmaster armorsmith marks, an ascended armor chest, 2 mystic trinkets, and 1 talisman in less than a week. Meaning that the number of pips I get in ranked PvP for winning largely outweighs winning or doing something great for my server, and the servers allied to mine by a really short amount of time. Because the season for PvP is limited in time, why not do the same for WvW, and this time you include the grandmaster marks for doing great in WvW; meaning, bring back the competitive seasons, with the rewards for doing great including the grandmaster armorsmith marks. There is no need to increase the rate at which you get pips for the skirmish track, but somehow during the season Anet can implement the rewards in the skirmish track to include that 20 gold in a chest with grandmaster armorsmith marks. This is all of course, in hopes of speculation that Anet reads this post, as WvW is a very much loved game mode to this day by a large group of players, not rewarding WvW players enough tends to drive away old timers from the game, since a lot of us WvW players do not like the way PvP works to begin with.

This thread will be probably moved to wvw.As far as rewards go, i would like to disagree on 2 points:

1. your whole argument is based on assumption that pvp doesn't need ascended. While it does apply to the game mode, it does not apply to the player. Let's assume ascended was removed from pvp. If i would pvp, i would not be working toward pve gear that i might want to have to run fractals for example. Meanwhile while i wvw i also work towards the said pve gear.
  2. i think you forget bags that do not exist in pvp. I kill someone in pvp, i get nothing from it unlike in wvw (for good reasons ofc, otherwise we would have farm servers). And it is not little income either, especially if you run successful zerg-busting groups or camp ac. There is reason for the term "lootstick" to exist.

There is a big flaw in the OPs comparison between WvW and PvP Rewards, the OP touches on the fact that Pvp has off seasons where no rewards can be gained but omits the fact that Every 5 minutes with T3 Participation or higher WvW players are gaining Reward PiPs, but Pvp has to wait for Queue pops average time for Queue pop in Prime time NA is between 1 min 40 sec to 2 min 50 Sec and to wait for matches to End which on average take anywhere from 8-12 minutes(can be shorter or longer in fringe scenarios). Also there is the lack of nodes and loot bags of any kind in PvP but they are abundant in WvW.And then there is the fact that in WvW you can maximize Pip rewards/Reward tracks without ever fighting another Player and only have to do something every ten minutes to maintain the participation level.

Yes WvW doesn’t get Grandmaster Marks but they do get a boatload of Crafting materials every chest that increase a lot the further you get each week through Mistwarped bundles, all of my Ascended crafting materials in the last couple months have been gotten from WvW pip rewards without crafting a single item, the value from Skirmish Rewards is on par if not better in some cases and can be progressed without long breaks in between which is a huge plus.

The reward structures have a lot of nuances that people fail to see or omit purposely.

Archived