Thoughts on the Balance Preview Stream?

Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497

16 hours ago, AikijinX.6258 said:

Imagine that. They reverted the change for scrapper, due to public outcry. And still no change or recognition from the devs about looking into reverting changes or changing (buffing) the changes they made previously.

From as much as I remember I recall two past instances where they had to revert a nerf because of public outcry.

1. The "Reveal Timer increase" that messed up the timing for Cloak and Dagger into 3 auto attacks and then Cloak and Dagger again. It made us have to either do 2 AA combos or interupt the middle of 2nd combo.

2. A change that made Steal require a target so we couldn't buff ourselves with swiftness with it anymore.

Both those things were readded later~ the Steal one being indirectly as it was through Deadeye and Specter naturally being unable to. They snuck the Reveal one in later after most Thieves either quit, rerolled or just don't even use DD and CnD anymore so I guess the outcry was much lower. Plus they urged us for a while to just be AA spam only with Dagger.

(I wish the Ricochet outcry was much much louder and remained defended forever 😞 Gimme it back. )

Edited by Doggie.3184

There was a reddit thread already for heal specter not too long ago. Nothing came of it.
If you persist with it now you'll most likely get piled on or get too little support and visibility.
As it was said, there are far fewer people who care about thief, rather than those who want to see it in the gutter.

• Sad 1

On 9/28/2022 at 3:16 AM, JaxLeo.7912 said:

what's even the point? even the slightest mention of a buff to thief pops up a mass number of threads asking for more thief nerfs because of PvP, in fact, here's a recent one:

so at this point for as much as i love thief, i kind of would prefer Anet just deleted the class altogether and refunded the game for the main thief players, because we aren't allowed to have fun in 90% of the content of the game because of the remaining 10% that some of us don't even care about.

pvp and wvw truly are bane of this game

Edited by Valisha.8650
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 9/28/2022 at 10:32 AM, Vismooth.4128 said:

There was a reddit thread already for heal specter not too long ago. Nothing came of it.
If you persist with it now you'll most likely get piled on or get too little support and visibility.
As it was said, there are far fewer people who care about thief, rather than those who want to see it in the gutter.

Why u think i formed a thief only oriented guild? Im always in qyeensdale and like....sitting on a crate shoutinf what WE shout here sometimes...but no, thief cant have nice things

On 9/18/2022 at 9:50 PM, AikijinX.6258 said:

This is very true. WvW thief pays for the sins of PvP thief. It’s not really the fault of actual PvP players. It’s just that Anet doesn’t take into account WvW and PvP are vastly different. And although it’s good that there’s someone they atleast listen to for high tier perspective and opinion, and opinion that I myself respect as well, sinderer’s word is not bond and it seems like his opinion is pretty much a majority of what they and mightyteapot listen to. (This isn’t to bash them AT ALL. I just think they need to have more perspective than just PvP Thief), which eventually poses a detriment and bleeds into WvW and PvE universal ‘balances’.

Everything that being said, I’ve said 2.5 weeks ago above in the quoted message. I’m really glad that the Thief sub forum is getting so much activity. It’s actually a wonderful thing to see 🥹!! Whether or not Anet speaks out and acknowledges what they’ve done to the game modes is another story as well as who they listen to which influences their balancing ideas. 

Edited by AikijinX.6258
  • Like 1