Balance patch preview for Engineers

Bomboed.5697

Scrapper changes are great, having 3-4 scrappers rotate barrier and making your whole squad permanently immune to any kind of projectile is absolute stupidity considering how much OTHER projectile hate there is in the game anyway... the best thing for the game is to get all classes in line and scrapper was a major outlier... people call it unique, yes uniquely overpowered... can't wait for the changes to get implemented already and maybe shake up the game a little

• Confused 9

On 9/21/2022 at 6:55 AM, RazieL.5684 said:

Scrapper changes are great, having 3-4 scrappers rotate barrier and making your whole squad permanently immune to any kind of projectile is absolute stupidity considering how much OTHER projectile hate there is in the game anyway... the best thing for the game is to get all classes in line and scrapper was a major outlier... people call it unique, yes uniquely overpowered... can't wait for the changes to get implemented already and maybe shake up the game a little

I guess we know who the ranger is.

18 minutes ago, RazieL.5684 said:

i guess we know who doesn't even know that every class in the game has projectiles... please learn the game before commenting...

Ele and Firebrand arguably contribute MUCH more to the projectile hate issue than Scrapper does. Not sure why you'd single it out in particular. 

Saying this as someone who currently mains a tempest in PvP/WvW. 

Edited by Kuma.1503
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Kuma.1503 said:

Ele and Firebrand arguably contribute MUCH more to the projectile hate issue than Scrapper does. Not sure why you'd single it out in particular. 

Saying this as someone who currently mains a tempest in PvP/WvW. 

scrapper projectile hate has no target limit and is mobile on super short CD and also gives stability on top of that... it's by far the most broken projectile hate maybe only one close would be ventari... yes ele has a larger zone but on a longer CD and is not mobile and guardian has a couple abilities but arcing projectiles can go over the wall which is funny but still it is not mobile on a super short cd... i don't understand how you don't see how scrapper is such a huge outlier here maybe you are biased idk... there is a reason why every kitten group is looking for scrappers all the time

• Confused 3

48 minutes ago, RazieL.5684 said:

scrapper projectile hate has no target limit and is mobile on super short CD and also gives stability on top of that... it's by far the most broken projectile hate maybe only one close would be ventari... yes ele has a larger zone but on a longer CD and is not mobile and guardian has a couple abilities but arcing projectiles can go over the wall which is funny but still it is not mobile on a super short cd... i don't understand how you don't see how scrapper is such a huge outlier here maybe you are biased idk... there is a reason why every kitten group is looking for scrappers all the time

Scrapper is an outlier =/= Scrapper's projectile hate is an outlier

Shield of absorption is also a mobile projectile hate bubble with a shorter cooldown even while un-traited and a bigger raidus. Target limits are not a factor when dealing with bubbles because they can technically fit an infinite amount of targets in their radius, meaning Guardian's shield 5 is more of an outlier in this regard. Speaking of bubbles, if this is not enough, Firebrand can suppliment this with:

Shield of the Avenger (3 chages)

Sanctuary

Wall of Reflection

Chapter 3: Valiant Bulwark (5 charges untraited, 8 charges traited)

Yes defense field gives stab, but it is minor compared to the raw amount of stab a guardian can pump out (so much they litearlly could not nerf it without breaking the way WvW is played)

If any class is to blame for WvW's rampant projectile hate issue. It's not Scrapper. It's guardian. These two are not even remotely comparable. If you think Scrapper is the outlier here, I think you might be the biased one. 

Edited by Kuma.1503
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, Kuma.1503 said:

Shield of absorption is also a mobile projectile hate bubble with a shorter cooldown even while un-traited and a bigger raidus. Target limits are not a factor when dealing with bubbles because they can technically fit an infinite amount of targets in their radius, meaning Guardian's shield 5 is more of an outlier in this regard.

That ability is a channeled skill that prevents the guardian from doing anything else while casting it... do you really not see that as a difference??????????

Shield of the Avenger (3 chages)

Sanctuary

Wall of Reflection

Chapter 3: Valiant Bulwark (5 charges untraited, 8 charges traited)

Do you REALLY not see the difference between an instant cast ability that moves with you and these immobile abilities some of which you can literally flank?????

Yes defense field gives stab, but it is minor compared to the raw amount of stab a guardian can pump out (so much they litearlly could not nerf it without breaking the way WvW is played)

I am not saying that guardian needs a huge nerf to pretty much everything it has... but that has nothing to do with the topic of scrapper...

If any class is to blame for WvW's rampant projectile hate issue. It's not Scrapper. It's guardian. These two are not even remotely comparable. If you think Scrapper is the outlier here, I think you might be the biased one. 

The irony of calling ME biased based on your arguments is just funny at this point... if you can't comprehend the value of freedom and mobility compared to being stationary in a game mode where falling a couple of steps behind your group often costs you your life there is nothing more to add here... pick yourself up, your bias is showing...

• Confused 2

3 hours ago, RazieL.5684 said:

That ability is a channeled skill that prevents the guardian from doing anything else while casting it... do you really not see that as a difference??????????

And you think this one small distinction is enough to outweigh the VAST arsenal of projectile hate guardian has?

And I do mean small because guardian can still use their mantras and shouts while holding the bubble. These are not weak abilities by any stretch. 

If so, we're on the verge of a significant meta shift because it's stationary now. Soulbeast, Deadeye, untamed, rifle engi. All will be common sights in zergs. Those useless stationary bubbles will be no match for their flanking prowess. 

That is until the mechanists come in with the giga brain strat. 

BARRIER SIGNET WITH STOWED MECH 

You get your mobile projectile field back and you can use all of your weapon skills and utilities to your heart's content. Pelt the enemy zerg with grenades, mortars, and aim assisted rockets,  until they adapt and start stacking their own Mech-less Mechanists. 

... Now that I say it, I'd love to see this meta. If only to hear people complaining about Mechanists without their bot, and what crazy nerf suggestions they'd come up with. "Don't let them stow bot in WvW!" 

This would be WvW at it's peak.

Edited by Kuma.1503
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1