Preview & opinions of October 4th PvP/WvW balance patch

the krytan assassin.9235

5 hours ago, kurosy.1384 said:

Party superspeed on healing skill would be so nice! I'm so deluded by aftershock and eye of the storm not being changed in wvw... With that and scrapper gyros reverted, prepare not to have any change of scenario with tempest in wvw.

It seems like they kinda stuck with the nerfs though. Sneak gyro got absolutely obliterated, purge gyros got a decent cd increase and defense field is still a well. Atleast it seems like mesmer wil finally take back its place as stealth provider for zergs. (Wish they would give thief some option for mass invis, but that's a different topic). For some reason though scrapper remains the superspeed specialization instead of elementalist, but i guess anet seems to forget we  pretty much exist anyways. 

As long as engi is the only specialization that is able to provide superspeed and condi-boon conversion (and still perfectly fine to cleanse and heal) nothing is gonna kick engineer out of its place. The projectile block, stability, stealth access and barriers are just the cherry on top. 

• Like 1

After the "rework" for scraper skill change i am not sure we will ever see any thing major for ele. If its not the dev who do not want to put the work into making the skill better then just number update its the player base that is way to fearfully of change. I was realty looking forward to conja weapons being something of real use too that maybe a dream dead. The game balance is way to pve driven by the player base if it dose not fit pve its not getting updated.

• Like 1