Worried about soulbeast pet swap change...

Arheundel.6451

On 9/17/2022 at 4:46 AM, Arheundel.6451 said:

Worried now SB will go from "balanced niche" to target of nerfs for months to come. While many are celebrating the change, I find it unnecessary and without any real forethought behind it, I'd assume they will rely on the old and trusted "overnerf later if it becomes too strong". It is at this stage that I suggest CMC to apply any of the teo changes below:

1) Double CD of pet swap for Soulbeast in PvP/WvW

2) Remove ability to ress pet from Soulbeast

I welcome all the negative emojies but I'd rather take the hit now when ranger can afford it and where it won't make SB a pain to play, than wait for later when they will try to nerf around the issue, simply speaking this change makes Soulbeast too good of an option compared to everything else on ranger, the main benefit of playing soulbeast was the ressing of the pet and its removal when notn needed during group fights..but now a soulbeast will be able to play like a normal ranger...without any of the weaknesses ...and no, that's not a good thing

If we're talking about PvP, it won't matter, untamed is still a better pick. Even with pet swap ability, it just slightly restores a spec that was overnerfed.

There's so much more to soulbeast that made it better in its initial state, and pet swapping was only a minor portion of it.

Untamed is just a better roaming burster than soulbeast, and for that reason it'll just be flat out better still.

Especially since Cata wasn't nerfed, nor was Tempest, which Tempest shuts down Ranger entirely anyway, for that reason you barely see it in competitive.

It's definitely going to help the spec in PvP, but untamed will still outperform it based on role priority in ranked.

This is at the upper level anyway. I mean, you can pretty much run anything in Gold-Plat1 and be absolutely fine.

Edited by Tinkerer.2167