Introducing the SCRAPALYST

i agree that it is a bit too much of a nerf, i mean it is true that it was completely overpowered in wvw, as its boons cleanses etc was allwais around him, but the well mecanic in wvw is difficult to play with and things like fb that does things around him are just better there, maybe just reducing its effects, or making so scraps move slower while giros activate would work too.

all that said it is mostly a wvw problem because in pve wells are something you can play with easily and in pvp i cant realy talk but meh at least you can make a giro camp in a capture point i guess?

Don't you dare comparing this balance patch to the atomic bomb that Anet has dropped on my cata over the last couple of months. 

Moving aoe effects are simply OP in WvW. The only way they could have nerfed gyros/ defense field was to make them act like wells or reduce like 50-80% of its effectiveness (depending on the gyro). The moving defense field also simply ruined any class that relied on physical projectiles. 

Its a good thing that there are certain limitations to the boonball meta. A moving zerg shouldn't be pulsing cleanses, projectile blocks and stealth. Moving zergs should be vulnerable against enemy attacks. 

And even after all those nerfs i'm 99% sure that scrapper is still the best support in WvW. It has been ruining any support build diversity and deserves to be beaten up by the nerf hammer. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, the krytan assassin.9235 said:

Don't you dare comparing this balance patch to the atomic bomb that Anet has dropped on my cata over the last couple of months. 

Moving aoe effects are simply OP in WvW. The only way they could have nerfed gyros/ defense field was to make them act like wells or reduce like 50-80% of its effectiveness (depending on the gyro). The moving defense field also simply ruined any class that relied on physical projectiles. 

Its a good thing that there are certain limitations to the boonball meta. A moving zerg shouldn't be pulsing cleanses, projectile blocks and stealth. Moving zergs should be vulnerable against enemy attacks. 

And even after all those nerfs i'm 99% sure that scrapper is still the best support in WvW. It has been ruining any support build diversity and deserves to be beaten up by the nerf hammer. 

This would be fine if the change was WvW only. 

In every other game mode, scrapper did not deserve the nerf bat. If you're like me and you barely touch WvW zerg fights (PC cannot handle them), then you got your mid-tier build nerfed and made 10x less fun to play for absolutely no reason. 

• Like 2

On 9/19/2022 at 5:26 AM, the krytan assassin.9235 said:

Cata was ruined the moment it hit beta.  Rubbish unimaginative talents, a zillion things to track, horrible unmovable fields, and badly designed random range hammer skills.  It was never good.

• Like 9
  • Confused 4