CMC please nerf cata and untamed for oct 4th

felix.2386

15 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

So if you do it to fast... you will teleport ot your pet and just right after that your pet will teleport to your target.... or... you teleport to you pet, but your target already moved a few units and your maul will not connect when you precast it....

It wouldnt really change alot... The "Teleporting maul" is still possible.... it would just make executing it more inconsistent... i guess... not really sure tho, was just my first thought...

I may be lost here but the idea is to remove the possibility (or make it more difficult)  of "Teleporting 15k Maul followed by a 3 seconds CC" ,  right? 
This kind of address the issue while at the same time getting rid of some of the mobility from the specialization, right? Also makes the timing less consistent ( as the pet has to get first in range of the target) so more difficult to macro'd it, don't you think? 

An very small additional cast time with on-pet animation, something like the Mechanist or Scourge have would help, so you see the pet and the weird jackal teleport  like animation happens for an instant. You know the unDeveloped is coming. 

I'm just giving solutions that's all. I still think UnWanted needs a full rework. 

Edited by anduriell.6280
  • Confused 2

On 9/17/2022 at 1:00 PM, ArthurDent.9538 said:

Well valk has the same power/ferocity as berserker so obviously the crits will be the same, it's just a matter of getting those crits.

Maybe but nobody was running around with zerk core ranger before when it was relevant in side node, because when you breath on ranger with zerk it dies... It's just an auto focus, similar to power harb

Maul hitting for 9k isn't the issue, because ranger on zerk is a liability and doesn't hit for 9k

Maul hitting for 9k on valk is the issue, because it's much more tanky, and even then you were getting 5-6k crits w/ MoC setup

But that's irrelevant now... Maul isn't even what makes Untamed busted in ranked, it's a package of everything that makes is a good roaming spec, and there is a lot of classes that are also good in ranked, Herald is very good in ranked, but dogshit in comp.

Similar to Herald, Untamed is irrelevant in comp, and only reason it was used by boyce in last eu AT was because enemy team  ran 3 specters, which Untamed counters.

The moment you put a tempest on the team with a decent comp though, Untamed becomes irrelevant. It's the sad reality. Since support is utter useless in ranked, and roaming is king, it's no question untamed will be much more relevant there.

I'm just confused by the logic being thrown out around here.

Edited by Tinkerer.2167
  • Like 2

@cmc

need cata nerfed for oct 4th asap

this is ridiculous

perma stab comes naturally through rotations

goes up to 3 stack of stab

never cc'able

a crap ton of magnetic aura

5 ways to CC enemy(not counting elite reset)

easy 25 might

tons of damage

Edited by felix.2386
  • Confused 1

cata is getting nerfed but i don't know how effective those nerfs will be

earth shield nerfs were expected but anet is clearly pushing a support meta and with the changes to druid and warrior there's a clear intent of having more support option not less, and like, any nerf to earth shield might take tempest off the game.

now untamed of all ranger classes is clearly the one with the best sustained dmg, plus a better mobility (sb pet swap may change this, but still better than druid and core), and it doesn't sacrifice sustain to get this dmg like soulbeast do nor it has big cd burned to pop all that dmg, it's just a +++ in dmg, sustain and mobility.

but the class didn't win mat in both regions at the same time, so yes, not being nerfed

if mesmer are as busted as they seem in the patch, ranger will prolly dodge the bullet for another 3 4 month, I'm prolly an average ranger, but I struggle a lot against mesmer as ranger, the constant detargeting and variety of conditions looks like a decent ranger counter, on top of that some builds have plenty reflect/block against ranged skills

Edited by Khalisto.5780

On 9/18/2022 at 5:20 AM, Bazsi.2734 said:

Yes, people who are unable to execute a "press 3 buttons at once" combo aren't doing it. Cool... the rest still can. I'm not against making untamed more viable through other means, but this "I delete you instantly with no telegraph" combo needs to die.

what’s this combo that one shots? Sounds easier than core mes. Might have to try it out.

3 hours ago, felix.2386 said:

@cmc

need cata nerfed for oct 4th asap

this is ridiculous

perma stab comes naturally through rotations

goes up to 3 stack of stab

never cc'able

a crap ton of magnetic aura

5 ways to CC enemy(not counting elite reset)

easy 25 might

tons of damage

Well that’s what you get for harassing an ele as a thief. Gotta go condi beam specter and lock them down. 😝

• Like 1

I got an idea how Unnatural Traversal can be balanced without Nerf batting it much and core skills, IT Becomes Hammer skill. This way they can balance the hammer and untamed without touching stuff that will ruin other specs.

The combo will still exist but it will need Hammer GS set and there will not be Maul Precast. It will probably be a good idea to focus Untamed on Melee as a whole and leave Soulbeast be the swiss army knife ranger spec for weapons and hybrid damage builds.

• Thanks 1

Yes please nerf Catalyst, that spec is all sorts of busted from every direction. Barrier? Got it. All the boons including Stability and Might into the 20x stacks? Got it. Huge radius BIG DPS as large as nodes themselves? Yep. How about near permanent reflect and projectile denial? Earth shield is still a thing? Triple check!!! But at least they cannot teleport… wait.

Power catalyst can be compared to any of the boulder traps in Dark Souls that one shot you if you miss your dodge. Not a reasonable spec at all.

I’m sorry but why must we wait until November to see this Abomination nuked? 

Edited by MARTIGIN.2136
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Bast.7253 said:

Well that’s what you get for harassing an ele as a thief. Gotta go condi beam specter and lock them down. 😝

i'm not a one trick pony like you who only plays one class(yet still bad at it) and have opinion about things only because this one class beat my class.

if they did not nerf bladesworn specter deadeye this patch, i would make the same post

Edited by felix.2386
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, felix.2386 said:

i'm not a one trick pony like you who only plays one class(yet still bad at it) and have opinion about things only because this one class beat my class.

if they did not nerf bladesworn specter deadeye this patch, i would make the same post

Weird, I've played everything but necro today. 

But you're right. You're pretty decent-ish... when you want to be. Depending on who is on the other team. 😉

Today a catalyst was able to chain 10 reflect auras and or blocks in a row… (8 of which were reflect) without a break of more than 2 seconds per each one. Effectively becoming immune to projectiles for the duration of the fight while I continued to take monster DPS if I didn’t stay completely out of melee from their huge radius AOE attacks..

😂 Good game ArenaNet

Edited by MARTIGIN.2136

On 10/4/2022 at 1:08 AM, MARTIGIN.2136 said:

Today a catalyst was able to chain 10 reflect auras and or blocks in a row… (8 of which were reflect) without a break of more than 2 seconds per each one. Effectively becoming immune to projectiles for the duration of the fight while I continued to take monster DPS if I didn’t stay completely out of melee from their huge radius AOE attacks..

😂 Good game ArenaNet

You also notice that the fricken catalysts can chase you real good too (at least on my scrapper build).  A good one is a complete counter to me.... I can neither mortar it from range... nor get close and apply damage... it can either scorched earth everything around it.... or simply negate my projectiles.   I fundamentally do not get "when" I'm supposed to have my opportunity or what I'm supposed to do about the catalysts.   I'm not sure it's OP, I figure maybe there's just something I'm missing...   But yeah plat 1 and above Cata's are pretty much an instant rotate somewhere else for me.

I think the thing that confuses me is that normally if another class can stale mate my damage... they can't also melt me ridiculously fast (and I use the term melt with its full pun intent).   Like I normally expect a trade off....  And I'm sure there is one.. I just can't see it.

Any tips very welcome?

Edited by shion.2084
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1