Do you spend more time playing Open World content or Non-Open World content (WvW/PvP/Raids/Strikes/Fractals/Dungeons/DRMs/etc.)

A Hamster.2580

Player Survey  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Do you spend more time playing Open World content or Non-Open World content (WvW/PvP/Raids/Strikes/Fractals/Dungeons/DRMs/etc.)

• Open World content
    • Non-Open World content (WvW/PvP/Raids/Strikes/Fractals/Dungeons/DRMs/etc.)

I used to spend time on the open world for doing  the meta events in Tyria, anticipated in overcoming the stages in the Fractal of the Mists(the Silverwastes was  and is still my favorite one), helped  the teammates in World versus World gamemode counterattack enemy forces, attacking  forts, camps  and  towers  in the borderlands maps  and gathered some lumber and some ores in specific areas of Tyria.

Now? I spend some time on the Free-For-All Arena in Player versus  Player gamemode to witness  the meta builds, the old ones  and  some unusual ones  from different players. At the same time, I practice to hone my abilities  in combat  and learn what I ought to do and what I oughtn't to. 

Edited by Sylvia.4870

Open World for me. I get bored very quickly repeating the same instanced content, and WvW is a little too aimless for my liking (personal opinion!)

I played my first 10 games of PvP to get the Decade achievements, and honestly didn't have too bad a time. But it doesn't feel like something I'll be dropping in to on a frequent basis.

I honestly don't understand how people have the patience to repeat the same instanced content again and again, and I don't understand why beating it ten or more likely, a hundred times is more of an achievement than beating it once.

Especially when there are so many other games out there offering almost infinite variety.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 9/19/2022 at 4:56 AM, Mungrul.9358 said:

I honestly don't understand how people have the patience to repeat the same instanced content again and again, and I don't understand why beating it ten or more likely, a hundred times is more of an achievement than beating it once.

Especially when there are so many other games out there offering almost infinite variety.

It is literally more of an achievement, as there are in-game achievements for multiple run throughs.

OW is running the same Meta event over and over again.

Yes, other games exist for variety, except they cost more money. Other online games mostly run the same recycled content methodology you’re complaining about, and single player games aren’t everyone’s jam.

Edited by lezbefriends.7516
  • Confused 3