I wish this sword was in the game (as a weapon).

https://imgur.com/Qiik3Yx

It's just so basic and elegant. I really like the inverted crossguard, and the fact that the blade just seems to be a simple, real-world design. 

Crazy weapons are an MMORPG staple, and I'm fine with that. But I'm someone who likes more (sorta) realistic ordinance, and wish the ones in GW2 weren't essentially limited to starting/low-level gear. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I think it's the Krytan Sword. The colour is different, but that might just be the lighting. It's got the same hilt and the reverse crossguard.

Edit: According to the wiki it is. The page for the Mercenary backpack lists all the weapons attached.

I also second the suggestion to look through the Wiki's gallery, or the wardrobe in-game. Somewhat surprisingly (IMO) a lot of the named exotics are relatively plain with realistic decoration like engravings, and there's others as well.

Edited by Danikat.8537
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I think it's the Krytan Sword. The colour is different, but that might just be the lighting. It's got the same hilt and the reverse crossguard.

Edit: According to the wiki it is. The page for the Mercenary backpack lists all the weapons attached.

I also second the suggestion to look through the Wiki's gallery, or the wardrobe in-game. Somewhat surprisingly (IMO) a lot of the named exotics are relatively plain with realistic decoration like engravings, and there's others as well.

It's definitely the Kytan Sword's handle, but not the same blade (those weird side things above the crossguard wouldn't fit in that scabbard). Good catch on the handle, though.

18 hours ago, Shrike Arghast.3856 said:

It's definitely the Kytan Sword's handle, but not the same blade (those weird side things above the crossguard wouldn't fit in that scabbard). Good catch on the handle, though.

Well actually technically speaking, blade could be very same (can't say through the scabbard) - the piece that is missing is a part of the handle, and indeed seems missing in the backpack version. It should go over the scabbard (there is a number of historical chinese swords that had this sort of thing going on - not sure if to such lenght as krytan sword does tho).

No idea tho if this part of the handle being missing was intentional (for whatever reason) or just art error for the backpack.

Edited by Lord Trejgon.2809
dem crazy typos