Krait Obelisk Shard reward (as well as other LWS1 rewards)

Solvar.7953

With the release of LWS1, rewards are being given for completion certain achievements, but that rewards is completing meaningless if you already have it.  The infinite watchknight tonic was one, and krait obelisk shard is another.

I'm not 100% where I got my krait obelisk shard - it seems like it was available for a merchant at some point.  I found it useful for making those charged quartz crystals.

While I can understand that this might have been an original achievement, it would be nice if for players that already have it, they could do something with these items instead of just destroying them.  I can understand that putting a gold value on them might have some players sell them, which isn't the intended thing.

But how about a merchant someplace where you could exchange these items for something?  Players would need to look on the wiki to find this merchant exists (so highly unlikely a player would accidentally exchange these items).  Not sure what a fair exchange for it would be, but even something fairly trivial would be better than destroying it.

• Like 4

Yes, they need to go back through the Laurel Merchant and the Festival Token Vendor and remove the Season 1 items that are available again. And honestly, I hope they do the same with the Season 1 Memory Box—Flame and Festivals, Season 1 Memory Box—Scarlet vs. Lion's Arch, Black Lion Commemorative Sprockets, and BLING-9009 as well.

Because people can get a lot of these cheap and easily accessible items from these still, and it's horribly overpriced in some cases because they were originally the only method to get them.

There's still plenty of items not available in those to make the vendors worthwhile (*coughSouthsunStuffcough*).

• Confused 1