The PvP forum...dozen of threads..but really they all say the same thing.....

Arheundel.6451

10 hours ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

Dear Anet,

Paper is balanced and needs no changes, but Rock on the other hand...it's broken OP and I don't know why you can't see what I am seeing, Rock should be either removed or have its CD tripled at least. Hope to hear from you soon

Kind Regards

Scissor

Experienced Game Designer

Because... ya know...people apparently cannot SEE beyond their class and actually...wait for it....wait for it...criticize pvp as a whole.

But I get it...it's popular to pretend to be "cool" and "edgy" as if that person has such profound insight that others don't have.

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

Because... ya know...people apparently cannot SEE beyond their class and actually...wait for it....wait for it...criticize pvp as a whole.

But I get it...it's popular to pretend to be "cool" and "edgy" as if that person has such profound insight that others don't have.

So I can look at your history and find posts citing counterbalance for warrior without sounding like another mary sue?..

Edited by Arheundel.6451
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Why not post some actual feedback/discussion?

All you ever do is make heckle vs. the community posts.

I believe the term "discussion" is not fully understood by the average populace.  To preface, starting from an unbiased position, inviting others to an open conversation on how to improve the whole and not the individuals.....that's discussion.

By contrast starting a thread with a list of things you hate to face, asking to have them removed/heavily changed ......belittling any who disagree while citing your "accomplishments" as some sort of mark of quality....all of this, it's not discussion, it's just whining in its purest form. 

Most of you just don't get it : this is a MMO, you win some and you lose some, you can't walk out there like a kitten Rambo unstoppable killing machine , coming on the forum every time starting a new nerf thread about that spec or class that gave you a hard time today...that's not discussion and definitely not the sign of a competitive player, that's just a spoiled brat throwing a tantrum.

Edited by Arheundel.6451
  • Thanks 9
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 9/18/2022 at 4:14 AM, Arheundel.6451 said:

Dear Anet,

Paper is balanced and needs no changes, but Rock on the other hand...it's broken OP and I don't know why you can't see what I am seeing, Rock should be either removed or have its CD tripled at least. Hope to hear from you soon

Kind Regards

Scissor

Bonus points if the rock they are complaining about is beating the brakes off of their build because the last paper class they whined about was keeping it in check.

Extra bonus points if they are playing gun*, but lost to rock anyway and came to frame it as overpowered out of spite, or are now having difficulty with rock because before their build auto-countered rock without them having to use braincells, and now they must use braincells. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

I believe the term "discussion" is not fully understood by the average populace.  To preface, starting from an unbiased position, inviting others to an open conversation on how to improve the whole and not the individuals.....that's discussion.

By contrast starting a thread with a list of things you hate to face, asking to have them removed/heavily changed ......belittling any who disagree while citing your "accomplishments" as some sort of mark of quality....all of this, it's not discussion, it's just whining in its purest form. 

Most of you just don't get it : this is a MMO, you win some and you lose some, you can't walk out there like a kitten Rambo unstoppable killing machine , coming on the forum every time starting a new nerf thread about that spec or class that gave you a hard time today...that's not discussion and definitely not the sign of a competitive player, that's just a spoiled brat throwing a tantrum.

This is what I'm talking about. You take the time to type up something like this, when ironically enough what you're saying here is just as biased, stupid, and complaint based as someone posting a biased stupid complaint based class discussion.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

10 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

This is what I'm talking about. You take the time to type up something like this, when ironically enough what you're saying here is just as biased, stupid, and complaint based as someone posting a biased stupid complaint based class discussion.

To be fair, he has a point. Even if you are not personally guilty of this. 

You at least back things up with a wall of text when you ask for ele's projectile hate to be removed

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Yunari.9065 said:

First they have to ban all the Wintraders and other cheaters. Balance means nothing when u have people who manipulate and cheat.

This is equivalent to saying we need to put in jail all the all criminals before we can fix the economy.

It's never going to happen. Criminals exist, as proxy to the existence of the economy...The two are interconnected and in order for it to change, requires looking at the system as a whole and how it's system of rules, creates criminal behaviors and other problems.

This is like...the exact critique that the OP is pointing out here. The players of a rock paper scissors game are so focused on the balance of the other players in the game, rather then questioning the system of the game itself. Therefor the players will always be stuck in an endless cycle without looking at how to make real change to "the way things are."

Edited by JusticeRetroHunter.7684
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

On 9/19/2022 at 5:33 AM, Arheundel.6451 said:

So I can look at your history and find posts citing counterbalance for warrior without sounding like another mary sue?..

The account is private. You're welcome to look at my past posts scattered all over the pvp and warrior forums, though.

On 9/19/2022 at 6:09 AM, Arheundel.6451 said:

So, first off. There is no such thing as "unbiased". EVERYBODY has an agenda.

Two, the man says "unbiased" while calling others "spoiled brats". The irony is not lost on me, here.

Three, I love how there is STILL this pretense of competition in a game mode that is essentially a walking corpse. But ok then! Yes, there is nothing wrong with spvp. Really! The system is fine!1!  There ya have it, folks. Arheundel has control of the situation.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

The account is private. You're welcome to look at my past posts scattered all over the pvp and warrior forums, though.

So, first off. There is no such thing as "unbiased". EVERYBODY has an agenda.

Two, the man says "unbiased" while calling others "spoiled brats". The irony is not lost on me, here.

Three, I love how there is STILL this pretense of competition in a game mode that is essentially a walking corpse. But ok then! Yes, there is nothing wrong with spvp. Really! The system is fine!1!  There ya have it, folks. Arheundel has control of the situation.

On 9/19/2022 at 10:47 AM, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Why are y'all booing him, he's right.

He didn't say anything that was not true or that isn't verifiably problematic.

• People do get clocked in pvp by not dodging attack X, then come to the forums and complain about how attack X hitting them means class x needs this, this, this and this nerf (some of which include uprooting of entire systems with no regard for how thatll affect pve) when they could have answered attack X four different ways without even changing their build. Literally everyone in this thread has experienced this at some point.

• And people do often devolve into dumb little ad hominem attacks when they get any kind of pushback on their very neatly cropped combat log. 

Just don't be that. When you're making nerf requests, do the legwork to make sure the nerf targets an actual problem the class you are fighting has, and provide that in your argument. If the class is -designed- to counter your playstyle, but has clear weaknesses elsewhere, it's still fine to ask for windows of counterplay in an otherwise losing matchup. However, you should also take note that the class being designed to counter your playstyle usually means you will have difficulty fighting it in general. That doesn't mean you should be mechanically inclined to always lose, but don't ask for the whole class to be overturned just because it counters your thing.

People not doing this is how classes get dumpstered (because Anet does in fact listen from time to time), then come back after 4 years out of the blue too strong because the metrics indicated at last that there was a problem. All because Leroy in silver rank didn't want to learn what to dodge, and his combat log showed him he died to a 12k skill that he could have avoided seven different ways before actually getting hit by it. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 9/18/2022 at 4:14 AM, Arheundel.6451 said:

Dear Anet,

Kind Regards

Scissor

It is more like we have 3 rocks right now and pvp is so kitten slow and boring as rocks keep hitting each hopping one will eventually break.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, otto.5684 said:

It is more like we have 3 rocks right now and pvp is so kitten slow and boring as rocks keep hitting each hopping one will eventually break.

they successfully whined all the paper underground, and they autowin vs scissors.

Ye

6 hours ago, JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:

This is like...the exact critique that the OP is pointing out here. The players of a rock paper scissors game are so focused on the balance of the other players in the game, rather then questioning the system of the game itself. Therefor the players will always be stuck in an endless cycle without looking at how to make real change to "the way things are."

Surprisingly aware post. Its gems like these that make forum-prospecting worth it.

6 hours ago, JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:

This is equivalent to saying we need to put in jail all the all criminals before we can fix the economy.

It's never going to happen. Criminals exist, as proxy to the existence of the economy...The two are interconnected and in order for it to change, requires looking at the system as a whole and how it's system of rules, creates criminal behaviors and other problems.

Not only that, but they've 'tried' it before. The only time the ban ever sticks is when it isn't some influencer or content creator responsible, otherwise the ban has historically always been rescinded, or ignored once that same person very clearly makes an alt account to ban evade and continue playing.

Greater, more long-term solutions are possible, but that would require some added awareness from both the community and our benefactors, and to that I say good luck getting anyone to listen to anything that isn't balance-related, especially with how small the plat population be now. Even when people cared, this would be an impressive feat.

12 hours ago, Yunari.9065 said:

First they have to ban all the Wintraders and other cheaters. Balance means nothing when u have people who manipulate and cheat.

This is still a very good point though.

Everyone's probably going to have different feeling there, but I agree what's the point of balance; especially getting angry about balance, when even if it were perfect there would still be cheating?

Cheating is like the antithesis to balance, you can only have one without having the other.

• Like 1

On 9/20/2022 at 6:06 PM, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

Surprisingly aware post. Its gems like these that make forum-prospecting worth it.

Not only that, but they've 'tried' it before. The only time the ban ever sticks is when it isn't some influencer or content creator responsible, otherwise the ban has historically always been rescinded, or ignored once that same person very clearly makes an alt account to ban evade and continue playing.

Greater, more long-term solutions are possible, but that would require some added awareness from both the community and our benefactors, and to that I say good luck getting anyone to listen to anything that isn't balance-related, especially with how small the plat population be now. Even when people cared, this would be an impressive feat.

This is still a very good point though.

Everyone's probably going to have different feeling there, but I agree what's the point of balance; especially getting angry about balance, when even if it were perfect there would still be cheating?

Cheating is like the antithesis to balance, you can only have one without having the other.

Want to hear something a bit more dystopian?

The cheaters and match manipulators often become and happen to be “the top players.” And the top players influence the balance of the game, whether that be through un-official private channels, or through popularity.

The above leans a bit more into conspiracy than it does actual reality but it’s still an interesting way to look at that dynamic.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:

Want to hear something a bit more dystopian?

The cheaters and match manipulators often become and happen to be “the top players.” And the top players influence the balance of the game, whether that be through un-official private channels, or through popularity.

The above leans a bit more into conspiracy than it does actual reality but it’s still an interesting way to look at that dynamic.

Conspiracy is just the wintrading cartel's word for it out of need to discredit any potential threats to their operations.

Even in the face of undeniable proof. That's how you know they're gangsta as kitten.

Like... If you're harkening back to that leak from the hidden balance discord earlier this year, that still happened and contained several 'big' sPvP names. The leak itself came from the person who took Rank 1 or 2 on NA last conquest season.

The thread got taken down here of course, very quickly, but no self-respecting WEA agent would ever let an opportunity like that pass. I made copies of the logs if anyone wants them 📧 and don't look back. If I see you hesitate, i'm running away.

This isn't conspiracy, this dystopia is our present-day case of magical realism. Be safe out there people, and know the faces of your tormentors.

• Like 1

I'm more concerned by the fact that every skills that Anet touched on Rev has been since buggier than their original state.

But posting about it in the PvP section wouldn't do any good since all there is about PvP is to talk about specs anyway.

So in a way, wow how'd you guess every topic is the same?!