Mesmer Canceled

Alsandar.7420

or change games, if devs are so dog kitten at balancing that entire guild nudges the last player of X class to switch its time to change games.

EDIT
when I saw null field was in patch notes I thought to myself, they finally are making it unblockable!
nope, its just nerfed XDDDD

Edited by Leonidrex.5649
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 9/18/2022 at 11:25 AM, Alsandar.7420 said:

With the upcoming nerfs to chrono, my guild politely prefers that I switch to scourge 

My guild has no interest in mantra of concentration 

For the most part, I was their last mesmer

Chrono nerfed again = scourge for me

Bummed, really really bummed

Are you a man or a mouse? play what you want.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 7

No seriously, why, why is Chrono getting nerfed? 

With Tides of Time ANET presented logic: it had no target cap. So it needed to be nerfed to 5 targets. Because everything is supposed to be 5 targets now.

So that nerf REALLY hurt. But at least there was an explanation. 

Again, no one plays boonstrip chrono because it's bad at stripping boons compared to scourge. So why is it getting nerfed?

Please remember boonstrip chrono is the ONLY mesmer build allowed in WvW. It's all I have 😞

I'm so bummed

• Like 7

On 9/24/2022 at 11:14 PM, Alsandar.7420 said:

No seriously, why, why is Chrono getting nerfed? 

With Tides of Time ANET presented logic: it had no target cap. So it needed to be nerfed to 5 targets. Because everything is supposed to be 5 targets now.

So that nerf REALLY hurt. But at least there was an explanation. 

Again, no one plays boonstrip chrono because it's bad at stripping boons compared to scourge. So why is it getting nerfed?

Please remember boonstrip chrono is the ONLY mesmer build allowed in WvW. It's all I have 😞

I'm so bummed

It's not supposed to make sense,

It's mesmer, we only deal in chaos.

• Haha 3

I don’t get why they nerfed Null Field either, totally unnecessary. Making it unblockable would’ve made more sense.

Chrono however is not useless. It still has great CC in double gravity well, the best pull in Focus 4, double Illusion of Life with Mimic, and Veil for stealth.  Not to mention Portal and healing well.

I don’t see many opportunities to get Mantra of Stability on the skill bar.

Edited by For The Love Of Pie.3240

16 hours ago, For The Love Of Pie.3240 said:

I don’t get why they nerfed Null Field either, totally unnecessary. Making it unblockable would’ve made more sense.

Chrono however is not useless. It still has great CC in double gravity well, the best pull in Focus 4, double Illusion of Life with Mimic, and Veil for stealth.  Not to mention Portal and healing well.

I don’t see many opportunities to get Mantra of Stability on the skill bar.

I think they said they want to take another look at boons and boon removal so I see this as a temporary measure. Though I still don't understand which urgent problem it is supposed to fix. If anything we need more boon removal (and fewer boons being spat out by certain professions). The WvW meta is much too tanky and boon heavy. Too many boons, near permanent uptime, imperviousness to cc.

• Like 3

If im not wrong, and correct me if i am, the mantras on chrono were kinda buffed, at least its radius was increased right?

I think that, with fb stab nerf on the elite mantra, scrapper being nerfed a lot in both cleanses and stealth, and other healers being buffed, you could probably make a new compo.

something like a chrono with cleanse and stab mantra, gravity, and either a well or bubble, plus a druid or ele to heal, can work pretty well now on the defensive side.

as for dps, i lately play virtuoso dps in my clan zerg, it doesnt have that many boon strip but i have pulls, good dmg, some strips with fskills (f4 for example, with the new f5 addition will prob get more dmg  and kinda works like a scourge elite, run through stuff and stip them), and now ill prob use mass stealth as elite instead of our scrappers, kinda like a stealth revenant?

what i mean is, yeah the strips hurt, but i think mesmers have other things that make them good, and boon strip is more of an extra, herald helps keep boons and blasts, virtu helps strip boons, pulls and stealths, something like that.

We should try and see, also if you are "forced to change" because they dont like what you play... well maybe you can try something else or if you realy dont like other things look for another group, youll be better.

2 hours ago, zaswer.5246 said:

If im not wrong, and correct me if i am, the mantras on chrono were kinda buffed, at least its radius was increased right?

Since PoF in 2017 Mantras on Mesmer have had no buffs or positive changes according to the Wiki.  There were competitive split Nerfs during this time as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Mungo Zen.9364 said:

Since PoF in 2017 Mantras on Mesmer have had no buffs or positive changes according to the Wiki.  There were competitive split Nerfs during this time as well.

i looked again, at least the mantra of stab has its radius increased in this next patch, although i think i heard talk about all its mantras in the stream.

On 9/18/2022 at 5:25 PM, Alsandar.7420 said:

With the upcoming nerfs to chrono, my guild politely prefers that I switch to scourge 

My guild has no interest in mantra of concentration 

For the most part, I was their last mesmer

Chrono nerfed again = scourge for me

Bummed, really really bummed

It's not that bad, but chrono is just not worth the effort as it is right now.

For those of you who think stripping is not that important:

You don’t play WvW

or

You play WvW and you’re bad at Chrono

Before ANET nerfed Tides of Time (shield 5) Chrono consistently outstripped Scourge. 

After the nerf, we all picked up Chronophantasma and we were still very competitive with Scourge, but could rarely beat them. And if you’re not on top of your game, a Scourge can beat a Chrono by 100 strips.

Facts: this is not what ANET intends. Scourge is their darling. ANET was upset that skilled Chronos could beat Scourge. Hence, nerf and nerfed

Please remember. ANET has removed Mirage from WvW entirely. We cannot ever play core, Virtuoso, or Mirage. Chrono is all we have

Finally, seriously, tell me if your guild wants you to run Mantra of Concentration 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

• 2 weeks later...