will Mesmer continue to be useless?

usbvtheknife.1269

I dare you to play some virtuso after the october balance patch and say this again. I used to defend the amount of blocks/distorts/evades they have, but since then came to realise it's actually a bit too much... and now they are about to get a 5 second distort which they can recharge with a signet+another 5 second distort so eh... unkillable virtuoso builds incoming.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

36 minutes ago, Bazsi.2734 said:

I dare you to play some virtuso after the october balance patch and say this again. I used to defend the amount of blocks/distorts/evades they have, but since then came to realise it's actually a bit too much... and now they are about to get a 5 second distort which they can recharge with a signet+another 5 second distort so eh... unkillable virtuoso builds incoming.

36 minutes ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

virtuoso will be prolly the best 1vX build after october 4th patch

This. Way too much defense on Virtuoso with this change.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 9/18/2022 at 2:10 PM, Bazsi.2734 said:

I concur. That plus invis 1200 range Bladsong condi burst.... It's not gonna be fun

Edited by Stallic.2397
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Bazsi.2734 said:

This. It's going to be biblical. Can't wait. 

It’s viable in its current state, aside from unblockable attacks. It’s just not good at more than one thing usually.

I prefer the glassier version without inspiration but it’s just the same condition burst build as mirage. 

chrono changes might give it another build but it seems like it’s either burst or troll/survival/duelist but as a duelist virt just isn’t as great 1v1 in conquest because of los. 

you get foefire and go anywhere but mid and you’re probably just going to be at a disadvantage.

• Confused 1

Preface : Power Mirage PvPer plat 1 of past ~3 years or so

Honestly much to my own chagrin, kuz it does hurt to admit it, but pvp is dead in gw2.

EoD, and the complete lack of care in the months after is what finally killed it, at least for me.

The balance has gotten completely out of control, in all game modes.

The EoD specs are completely dominating. I don't want to call it pay to win, but that's what it feels like. If you don't play an EoD spec, no matter the class, then you're at a sizeable disadvantage in present meta of gw2. PvP or PvE.

It would be one thing if the top specs were dynamic to play, but they practically play themselves. It is no more evident than w/ mecha.

I lump virtu in the same boat, it's extremely easy to play for what it brings to the table, and if this distortion change really goes through, virtu will be right up there with Bladesworn insanity, breaking the balance even more.

Idk what the future holds for pvp inside gw2, but as of right now, the entire pvp scene has never been more depressing. It's not even fun anymore going up against these overtuned specs that literally get access to everything. This isn't salt either, the game has just become absolutely boring with how overtuned and bloated these EoD specs are.

Edit : The Silver Lining is at least if pvp does somehow improve, gw2 is the easiest MMO to come back to in regards to not losing your progression and stuff.

Edited by Waffles.5632
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

Lets be real, we all know giving virtuoso distortion will allow for some kitten griefer builds, but be honest.
Do you think it will be strong?
kitten no.
Its one of those things while buffing this kitten class will make it annoying while still being kitten. They should do something else.

i think it will be strong. Even if it cant kill anything.... Just surviving and keeping enemys busy on theyr homenode holds value.

I am pretty sure that virt will be in a spot, where altho it is not a big threat in a 1v1, it will be near impossible to kill in said 1v1 situation and should the virt get help from a teammate.... you die to it in the +1.  Thus making it a pretty potent sidenoder/roamer.

tldr: bonkers sustain will make it a pain in the kitten to deal with. "block-block-block-block-block"...

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

Virtuoso players are already the mosquito buzzing around the room. They won't die, they won't kill you, they just make everybody feel miserable -including themselves: imagine the pain of throwing daggers 30 minutes without landing anything ever-.
Distortion, of course, will just further tap into this kind of design.

The solution for you is not to play virtuoso, and if you see one to just ignore it. Don't feed the mosquito gameplay, they are a non-variable.
If you have the node, sit on it until the virtuoso gets tired; they can't really take it from you. If you don't have the node, don't try to take it. Don't feed the mosquito gameplay: change room and leave the mosquito alone. Rotate somewhere else, the mosquito is slow and won't be able to keep up with you. If you really want to kill one, get yourself a dragonhunter to keep the virtuoso tethered until someone can actually convert into a kill, I guess, but that's as far as you can go.

Edited by Terrorhuz.4695
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 2

I wonder if these players are just in the lowest rating tier of pvp or do they really not see the broken virtuoso that I see constantly in pvp? They are able to perform a 1 shot whether it be 20 stacks of confusion or through power amulets and win most 1v1s with ease.

if you add distortion to the mix in addition to their already constant block/reflect the class will become the next bladesworn pre nerf. Enjoy 

Edited by MARTIGIN.2136
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

14 hours ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

Lets be real, we all know giving virtuoso distortion will allow for some kitten griefer builds, but be honest.
Do you think it will be strong?
kitten no.
Its one of those things while buffing this kitten class will make it annoying while still being kitten. They should do something else.

I have a feeling it'll probably be like deadeye used to.

borderline impossible to 1v1 but not impactful enough to push any kind of point. instead of layering distortion on to Virt they probably should have done something to help mesmers get from point to point.

Portal's still there, untouched. 

Idk how to feel about it. I'm not of the mind that it should be any faster given the state that it's in for 1v1 situations. The moment you enable it to be a decently fast sidenoder you will have a problem, if you don't adjust its mitigation.  But at the same time, isn't that the role bladesworn currently has? 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

I have a feeling it'll probably be like deadeye used to.

borderline impossible to 1v1 but not impactful enough to push any kind of point. instead of layering distortion on to Virt they probably should have done something to help mesmers get from point to point.

Portal's still there, untouched. 

Idk how to feel about it. I'm not of the mind that it should be any faster given the state that it's in for 1v1 situations. The moment you enable it to be a decently fast sidenoder you will have a problem, if you don't adjust its mitigation.  But at the same time, isn't that the role bladesworn currently has? 

Mesmer problem is that if its not a mirage with a sword for ambush its so kittening slow, necromancer outruns it with a 1 finger stuck we know where.
If its mirage with a sword for ambush its still slower then all the roamer anyways and its stuck in a limbo of too much mobility for side-noding and wasted potential while also being too slow to actually roam.
Mirage has several skills that would be really good for roaming that are just kittening bad for no reason.
And when I look at chrono/core/virtuoso ... its nothing there. 
Personally I think mesmer needs more sustained damage if anything, for a long as time mesmer has been stuck in a loop of 3x dmg traitlines = good dmg but memelord that dies in 1 hit.
2x dmg traits + 1 survivability = kitten dmg but doesnt die fast, something needs to change.

• Confused 1

I don't think they will. 

Mirage was confirmed to be getting their dodge back soon(tm).

Chrono is (finally) getting distortion back. 

Virtuoso is strangely also getting distortion. They're going to be a pain to deal with factoring in aegis, distortion, f4, and sword 2.

I'd say things are looking up for mesmer. 

Sorry guys, but if you die against mesmer in 2022 the problem is yours...
What i mean is:

- do you want to tank and keep the point? you don't use mesmer

- do you like to duel 1 vs 1? you don't use mesmer

- do you like to push and +1 on far? you don't use mesmer

there are classes with more mobility, more condi clean, more burst and more stun than mesmer. so i don't find atm any reason to play it.

according to me, and i highlight "ME", mesmer is not efficient and 10 sec of invulnerability won't make mesmer your first choice.

i remind you that power and condi virtuoso has only one shot combo/burst. If enemy avoid it you stand there like a stupid trying to survive till skill recharge. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

On 9/18/2022 at 3:47 PM, bethekey.8314 said:

This. Way too much defense on Virtuoso with this change.

Distortion causes point neutralization, which invalidates the very existence of trying to stay alive for as long as possible on a side node, regardless of 2v1 potential.

Also, in ranked it's a known obvious fact that roaming and bursting is king, so it also further invalidates the premise of this class even being any better than it is now.

This is why Virt will still be bad post patch. It'll have more survivability for sure though, but I just think it won't amount to much value in the long term for the spec as a whole.

Finally, virt is for the most part projectile based... Which I think we both know is already useless because Tempest exists. It gets its entire offense shut down by a single spec.

Edited by Tinkerer.2167
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3