New Low Intensity Build

Providence.7185

Would you suggest a low intensity build or two?

Game mode is mostly solo in open world jumping into various events often. Looking for a survivable class that is either a) low click per second or b) requires little movement.

The rotation can be longish. While I am a causal player now in years past complicated specs and I got along. I have all expansions.

Like many my recent game play has mostly been on power/rifle Mech for obvious reasons. That spec is expected to be once again hit with the DPS nerf bat in the next patch. (please don't focus this thread on the wisdom of the nerfs).

So I am looking for a new spec.

Can you suggest a new easy to play build? 

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Providence.7185
spacing

47 minutes ago, Providence.7185 said:

Thank you. I saw that post. According to the accompanying video that is a Raid build dependent on others bringing regeneration. Or did I misunderstand something?

Is there a way to adjust that build to make it more solo friendly and survivable?

Regen is almost free everywhere. In open world, you have the Jade buffs (perma Regen for 2+ hours, refreshable at Arbostone).

In end game instance PvE (raid/strike/fractal), it's free (all healers should have it).

In speed run (what? you should not bring a low intensity build to a speed run group in the first place).

53 minutes ago, Providence.7185 said:

Thank you. I saw that post. According to the accompanying video that is a Raid build dependent on others bringing regeneration. Or did I misunderstand something?

Is there a way to adjust that build to make it more solo friendly and survivable?

Absolutely.

OW Chaos Virt

I’ve been running this more or less since EoD. It can do pretty much anything well enough.  You can use an assortment of gearing as long as you get to the 60% Crit minimum and use the Krait runes to push your Bleed duration about 70%. The rest can go into condition damage. I use a few Celestial pieces to smooth out the experience but with a few item swaps this becomes a meta raid build. 

I didn’t get a chance to watch the entire video yet, so there may be some new twist that I’m not aware of, but this does just fine. 

I dont know about Virtuoso but S/S condi Mirage is a pretty effective and easy build to play. Literally spam dodge on CD and when you're out of dodge you switch weapon and spam even more dodges. Use shade crystal or whatever they are called when you run out of dodge as a filler.

That way not only do you do damage while being basically impossible to hit but you also provide your team mate with might fury and alacrity.

Condition Scourge is also a default pick for that

• Like 1

Btw, from my estimation, the Mech DPS nerf is around 10% in the Oct patch. That's not bad at all, given that for most non-speedrun raid runs, Mech is at the top with just auto attacks. Now you can press only skill #2 and may still be at the top.

I'd say no need to change class at all, especially if you want a low intensity build.

13 hours ago, Providence.7185 said:

Would you suggest a low intensity build or two?

Game mode is mostly solo in open world jumping into various events often. Looking for a survivable class that is either a) low click per second or b) requires little movement.

The rotation can be longish. While I am a causal player now in years past complicated specs and I got along. I have all expansions.

Like many my recent game play has mostly been on power/rifle Mech for obvious reasons. That spec is expected to be once again hit with the DPS nerf bat in the next patch. (please don't focus this thread on the wisdom of the nerfs).

So I am looking for a new spec.

Can you suggest a new easy to play build? 

Thanks in advance.

Staff mirage is the second easiest LI build for solo play, but even with the nerfs to pmech damage I think you'll find that mechanist is the superior spec.

Every profession (and respective e-spec) can be played at low intensity. You don't need to have a top dps build for solo content anyway.

So, if you're goal is solo PvE, anything will do. If your goal is group content, just wait for the next flavor of the month spec. I can garantee you that whichever spec/build it is, people will cry that it does to much for how easy it is to play. That's just how the forum is. (People here seem to profess the rise of virtuoso but it might be any spec)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, EyzKold.8247 said:

What part of the power Mechanist is being nerfed?  I've looked at the patch notes and don't really see anything that stands out other than the mine/mine field.  The scrapper on the other hand had a lot of nerfs. 

Mech won't proc aim assisted rockets anymore.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1592690890?t=01h22m06s

low intensity builds are very good for the game, not everyone has the reflexes and apm of a pro gamer, and not everyone wants to be on Plus Ultra, Limit Break or Ultra Instinct all the time.

but everyone is here to enjoy the game, and the game should have a place for them.

every class should have a low intensity option, or training wheels option, its very welcoming for beginners and casual gamers alike.

play to de-stress.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2