I HAAAAAAAAAAATE THAT DARN TURTLE!!!

HeIIica.2945

Yeah i hope for some side boosters (dodge right-left button) where the driver tries to collect some random fragments (650 yards away from the boss and the zerg) and improve the damage of the cannons . Or the mount can be equipped mid-fight for some secs and can  "transform" a portion of the zerg toughness/vitality into Power/Crit + shoot the boss for random conditions (turtles laser eyes ! , where they have a random channeling AK47 splray , forcing you to manually correct-turn the mount).

And In February an  alternate way to get the Mount.

Edited by Woof.8246
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, HeIIica.2945 said:

The worst mount in the game.  It is toooo big!!  It blocks the view, even though they made that 'kind of' see-though thingamajig, but throw together a freaking turtle party on a big boss, and that is all you see....a big mass of turtles.....and worse thing.....oooo...ooooo....the worst thing........you are fighting a big boss....really kicking boss butt....and BAM!!!  Kidnapped!!! And you are in the butt end of a freaking turtle!!!! (or should I say turtlenapped?)

turtle is the best mount in the game makes power leveling 80% easier.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Zebulous.2934 said:

An option box in the gameplay menu to not interact with other players' activated items could be useful.  turtles, aviator boxes, mesmer portals.  Just don't have the box ticked by default, because it would confuse the hell out of veteran players.

we need this so bad. It's not common nowadays but sometimes tards still put a portal during TT.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I don't really see the turtle mounts being used anywhere. I mean, occasionally I see them but it's a rare occasion. What bugs me more are those oversized mechs from the mechanist. Those can block my view in town, like merchants or crafting stations, etc.... but also in combat situations. And I do see a lot more of them. You'd think they're an OP class or something. 

• Like 9
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

I don't really see the turtle mounts being used anywhere. I mean, occasionally I see them but it's a rare occasion. What bugs me more are those oversized mechs from the mechanist. Those can block my view in town, like merchants or crafting stations, etc.... but also in combat situations. And I do see a lot more of them. You'd think they're an OP class or something. 

This is true. I almost never see the turtle mount being used at all. Mostly it's the jackal, roller beetle, raptor, and skyscale mounts I see being used around the maps. 

Edited by Sir Arigius.6294
  • Like 1

On 9/19/2022 at 3:37 PM, Linken.6345 said:

Why would you use f while fighting?

Only people who get kidnapped are bots at farming spots.

I got "kidnapped" by one while trying to use a portal to get back to the Tequatl batteries once. It was great fun going around to, and using the mortar on all four battery events

Edited by Eponet.4829
  • Haha 2

On 9/19/2022 at 11:13 AM, HeIIica.2945 said:

The worst mount in the game.  It is toooo big!!  It blocks the view, even though they made that 'kind of' see-though thingamajig, but throw together a freaking turtle party on a big boss, and that is all you see....a big mass of turtles.....and worse thing.....oooo...ooooo....the worst thing........you are fighting a big boss....really kicking boss butt....and BAM!!!  Kidnapped!!! And you are in the butt end of a freaking turtle!!!! (or should I say turtlenapped?)

Kind of like those stupid Skyscale wings flapping all over the place huh?  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/19/2022 at 1:13 PM, HeIIica.2945 said:

I'll never understand the philosophy behind it. They made it huge, then also made it a combat mount that doesn't dismount you that hardly does any dps even with 2 people in it as compared to them just using their own abilities. Then have maps with 50 people that can all use theirs individually to cover up a boss entirely if you are at ranged that slightly goes transparent when you are close. 

Everything about the Turtle, both its design, its use, its clutter, and its acquisition was just all done so badly. And yet it was one of the expansions main advertised features on most of the box art. It is the most useless mount to own and using it outside of doing siege damage is essentially you are trolling everyone else on the map. 

But EoD is already known as the games most feature lacking weakest expansion, with no E-spec runes and the difficulty it is to get the new stat combinations combined with the Jade bots alt-unfriendlyness and pointless to exist skiff, so I guess a pointless to exist Turtle mount is fine to that standard. 

Edited by Gorem.8104
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 2

On 9/20/2022 at 6:30 AM, Sir Arigius.6294 said:

This is true. I almost never see the turtle mount being used at all.

You don't do many meta events then, I take it? 😄

On 9/20/2022 at 12:12 AM, Gehenna.3625 said:

What bugs me more are those oversized mechs from the mechanist. Those can block my view in town, like merchants or crafting stations, etc.... but also in combat situations.

I find those mechs to be an eye sore aesthetically on top of that.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Gorem.8104 said:

I'll never understand the philosophy behind it. They made it huge, then also made it a combat mount that doesn't dismount you that hardly does any dps even with 2 people in it as compared to them just using their own abilities. Then have maps with 50 people that can all use theirs individually to cover up a boss entirely if you are at ranged that slightly goes transparent when you are close. 

Everything about the Turtle, both its design, its use, its clutter, and its acquisition was just all done so badly. And yet it was one of the expansions main advertised features on most of the box art. It is the most useless mount to own and using it outside of doing siege damage is essentially you are trolling everyone else on the map. 

But EoD is already known as the games most feature lacking weakest expansion, with no E-spec runes and the difficulty it is to get the new stat combinations combined with the Jade bots alt-unfriendlyness and pointless to exist skiff, so I guess a pointless to exist Turtle mount is fine to that standard. 

Is never suppose to be anything besides a 2 seater mount. That's it, the siege damage is really a bonus since siege turtle was a thing back in GW1 and it looks cool. It works fine as a 2 seater mount and I feel the reason why people find it lackluster is because they are not using it as what is designed to be which is with other people. I have it and I love it playing with my friends. If you are playing solo then of course you are not going to use it, is like trying to run across a flat plain with the rabbit. Would it work? Yeah, is it going to be good? No of course not.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1. Weirdly the place where turtle mount found a home is outside EoD: Drizzlewood Coast.

this probably unintend "happy accident", makes me think the project was rushed.

2. The EoD meta designed for turtle use, the Aspeenwood Meta, seems rushed too. i remember first months, the loot table was same of HoT(lolz).

So few suggestions to make turtle great again:

1. more maps with intense siege mechanics like Drizzlewood.

2. improve the Aspenwood Meta, make it reward research notes.

Edited by ugrakarma.9416
  • Like 3
  • Confused 3

On 9/18/2022 at 10:56 PM, SamuelW.2685 said:

This vid makes me wanna get a turtle just so I can do this to bot farmers, I wouldn't even have to break TOS by making moves kill them, I could just put them on a mountain!

Everyone should do it as a public service.

I'm sure there are legitimate farmers but if farming XP or loots, you'll get them faster from running around farming. Only reason to farm in one spot are those who are semi-afk. But for an extended period of time of a few hours?

Tbh, I'm glad to see them at certain areas when I'm speed farming. They cleared the areas of mobs which may slow me down...but imagine the fun....

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

40 minutes ago, Chyro.1462 said:

This can be easily avoided by not ressing people and writing 'lol get gud' when someone near you gets downed.

What's your ingame Character names? What server are you playing on? What game modes do you play most often? Just wanted to make sure everyone are ready with the message for you when you fall.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, Silent.6137 said:

What's your ingame Character names? What server are you playing on? What game modes do you play most often? Just wanted to make sure everyone are ready with the message for you when you fall.

Uh.. usually I'm on my heal tempest 'Chyro', think the server is 'Aurora Glade' (EU megaserver). But not playing very actively atm, so quite unlikely that someone that reads this runs into me. Would be funny though 😄

Though hope you don't really think that's what I do to downed players based on a joke reply ^^