Nerfing the Power Mechanist? Here's A Practical Reason Not Too.

Chichimec.9364

18 hours ago, Nephalem.8921 said:

I did a few solo dungeons as mech. Bosses focus the mech. The 2k toughness 50k hp abomination. You can just semi afk next to the boss because most bosses do not have enough dps to kill it before you kill the boss.

This spec turns the game into super easy mode. why should it be a top dps spec?

Few lowest level dungeons are like that. But those can be done by any class really easily.

Try your abomination solo in Honor of the Waves for example and report how well it went.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, pyronix.4081 said:

Wow. So much vitriol from my previous post. It's been 7 years and I see the forums haven't changed one bit. Still a cesspool of edgelords who derive their sense of self worth from being able mash keys. Good for you, I guess. Why you guys don't advocate for your own classes to be better instead of trying to bring down others is downright baffling.

Anyway we can all prance and posture here on the forums but ultimately this exercise is futile. I'll vote with my wallet and I see that things around here haven't changed. MMOs are about community and this community is just downright toxic. I see I'm not wanted here. Thanks for the "warm" welcome back. Thanks, good luck, and have fun y'all.

Yeah, it's everyone else who's toxic. 🙄

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6

3 hours ago, pyronix.4081 said:

Wow. So much vitriol from my previous post. It's been 7 years and I see the forums haven't changed one bit. Still a cesspool of edgelords who derive their sense of self worth from being able mash keys. Good for you, I guess. Why you guys don't advocate for your own classes to be better instead of trying to bring down others is downright baffling.

Anyway we can all prance and posture here on the forums but ultimately this exercise is futile. I'll vote with my wallet and I see that things around here haven't changed. MMOs are about community and this community is just downright toxic. I see I'm not wanted here. Thanks for the "warm" welcome back. Thanks, good luck, and have fun y'all.

It's not about keymashing. It's about variety. People who've fell in love with pick anything that isn't mechanist or a quickness supplier don't like feeling that they have to play mechanist, particularly in PUGs, because regardless of benchmarks, in practice it outperforms everything else so much it's not funny.

There'd be a lot less complaints, I expect, if low-intensity ranged build performances were normalised across several professions.

• Like 9
  • Confused 1

On 9/24/2022 at 12:45 AM, Yellow Rainbow.6142 said:

Sounds like you are just afraid that casual people who don't have open world leggy armor option might just get their armor from raid playing casually.

Give casual open world pve leggy armor or give them Mech.

You can have a mec that does 34k dmg and get your leggy armor without bothering other people, if the easy build does 34k and theres a more complex one that does 38k noone would complain, the problem is that the braindead rota does more dmg than more complex builds, now you have a mec that prob instead of 38k braindead does 34k or so, you can still go pugging and training with it and get your leggy armor.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, pyronix.4081 said:

Wow. So much vitriol from my previous post.

If you do not want vitriol in return you might want to consider not attacking others. If by, the forums havent changed, you mean that others react to when you attack them, are being toxic, and are actively being offensive, then yeah.

Oh, and I play Mechanist. Fairly often. The comment about our, "own classes," is off because they are all all of our classes.

Edited by Ashen.2907
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, EyzKold.8247 said:

Well, the mech is dead.  Long live the Vindi double dodge!  Errr wait…it will get nerfed as well in the next hot fix. Use it while it lasts.

You do realize that the mech is currently even stronger than pre "nerf" thanks to buggy ferocity? Not sure what you are going on about mech being "dead", it's stronger than ever still. If this is the baseline that players use to judge a build, calling it dead when in fact it just got buffed (even if by accident), no wonder some of you are confused.

As to vindicator, obviously it will get fixed. Anyone who believes that 100% dodge uptime is okay is delusional.

Edited by Cyninja.2954

6 hours ago, McWelp.1723 said:

Few lowest level dungeons are like that. But those can be done by any class really easily.

Try your abomination solo in Honor of the Waves for example and report how well it went.

Did arah. Only bosses where it does not really work are lupi and magecrusher. Still way easier than any other spec.

Edited by Nephalem.8921

1 hour ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

You do realize that the mech is currently even stronger than pre "nerf" thanks to buggy ferocity? Not sure what you are going on about mech being "dead", it's stronger than ever still. If this is the baseline that players use to judge a build, calling it dead when in fact it just got buffed (even if by accident), no wonder some of you are confused.

As to vindicator, obviously it will get fixed. Anyone who believes that 100% dodge uptime is okay is delusional.

It's a pretty safe bet the "sky is falling crowd" wouldn't notice the nerfs or the buffs if they weren't told about them.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

"You do realize that the mech is currently even stronger than pre "nerf" thanks to buggy ferocity? Not sure what you are going on about mech being "dead", it's stronger than ever still. If this is the baseline that players use to judge a build, calling it dead when in fact it just got buffed (even if by accident), no wonder some of you are confused."

Not confused at all.   In another thread there will be a hot fix to address the ferocity bug...won't last long.

Link:

Edited by EyzKold.8247
link

1 hour ago, EyzKold.8247 said:

"You do realize that the mech is currently even stronger than pre "nerf" thanks to buggy ferocity? Not sure what you are going on about mech being "dead", it's stronger than ever still. If this is the baseline that players use to judge a build, calling it dead when in fact it just got buffed (even if by accident), no wonder some of you are confused."

Not confused at all.   In another thread there will be a hot fix to address the ferocity bug...won't last long.

Link:

Sure, and once the bug is fixed AND the world has ended, then you can come in and complain. Or not, given how most players wouldn't even notice the nerf unless actually told about it. This thread being the best example of people already going on about supposed nerfs which haven't even happened yet.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

16 hours ago, pyronix.4081 said:

These sorts of posts never go well, I know since I have made a few myself.

The Forum can be a toxic place if you take what people say to heart. The best response to negative feedback is to ignore it and if the personally attack you report it.
If I were you I would delete your post and flag them to be removed otherwise you will be constantly reminded of it whenever you come on the forum.

• Confused 1

Honestly though the Low Intensity Mech gameplay wont go away and the simple face you have a Pet + Defensive Utilities means you will never struggle for any content. What will most likely happen is the you wont be able to (LI) DPS in end-game instances.

Very soon you will have to preform a rotation that isn't reliant on mech damage.

11 hours ago, zaswer.5246 said:

You can have a mec that does 34k dmg and get your leggy armor without bothering other people, if the easy build does 34k and theres a more complex one that does 38k noone would complain, the problem is that the braindead rota does more dmg than more complex builds, now you have a mec that prob instead of 38k braindead does 34k or so, you can still go pugging and training with it and get your leggy armor.

Quite frankly, I'd rather have open world leggy option for people who wants it.  You can keep ur elite dress and dps number.

• Confused 1

43 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

These sorts of posts never go well, I know since I have made a few myself.

The Forum can be a toxic place if you take what people say to heart. The best response to negative feedback is to ignore it and if the personally attack you report it.
If I were you I would delete your post and flag them to be removed otherwise you will be constantly reminded of it whenever you come on the forum.

In fairness, when one engages in unprovoked namecalling and insults in every post, what do you expect?  A positive reaction?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

In fairness, when one engages in unprovoked namecalling and insults in every post, what do you expect?  A positive reaction?

Technically you can report anyone who does this and they will get a warning.

People used to claim I was an Arena Net employee since I stuck up for the early Virtuoso. Alot of them stopped since it is against there terms of service. 

That's why I said he should delete his comments and flag his post to removed since it is adding nothing positive, they might lock the thread if it gets bad enough. 

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

Honestly though the Low Intensity Mech gameplay wont go away and the simple face you have a Pet + Defensive Utilities means you will never struggle for any content. What will most likely happen is the you wont be able to (LI) DPS in end-game instances.

Very soon you will have to preform a rotation that isn't reliant on mech damage.

Mech still does just fine in strikes without a rotation.

3 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Mech still does just fine in strikes without a rotation.

Is that after the latest patchfix to ferocity, or before it? Also, what strikes and what is "just fine"? Because i have seen a lot of "just fine" builds in some of the strikes that noone sane would allow in any of a bit harder instanced content unless they were completely assured of being able to hard carry them.

7 minutes ago, samsar.9152 said:

So... The power mechanist is balanced now and fixed I think. What do you think about it? 🙂

To say that i would need to see myself how it performs in instanced content, what does it even bench rn, 34k+ or something?(which is where ton of other power builds are with the rotations aswell so idk either they need to be elevated or its still doesnt feel fair, but all in all its less unfair)

Edited by soul.9651
  • Like 1