Skill interrupted when shuffled between land/water

For example: I am a warrior. I slotted "Fear me!" in position 7 for land skill bar, and 8 for water bar. I activate "Fear me!" on land, then enter water: "Fear me!" in position 8 is under cooldown, and the skill in position 7 is not. The game was able to properly deal with the fact that the skills positions are shuffled between the land and water bar.

I am a necromancer. I slotted "Spectral Walk" in position 7 in both bars. I activate the skill on land, then enter water: the effect is still on and I can use "Spectral Return" if I so choose. The game was able to properly deal with the land/water transition.

Now I slot "Spectral Walk" in position 7 in land, and 8 in water. I activate the skill on land and enter water. The effect is cancelled and enters cooldown, and I cannot use "Spectral Return". The situation should have been identical to the previous case, yet it was not: the game was not able to properly deal with the land/water transition and the fact that the skills positions are shuffled between the land and water bar.

I've used "Spectral Walk" as an example, but the bug is not specific to this skill.