We need Well / AOE hate.

Sandzibar.5134

9 minutes ago, Strider Pj.2193 said:

I mean, there IS epidemic….  

It would be good if that pulsed conditions out from the ‘infected’ player.  

Oh who am I kidding…. 

A mobile player sand shade is what I'm getting at, I was going to use this example but I didn't think I needed to go that far for a joke....

On 9/20/2022 at 4:19 AM, Sandzibar.5134 said:

A long long time ago we managed to get ANET to completely remove projectiles from large scale wvw and gvg fights.

Its about time we did the same to traps/wells/aoe etc!

We need player centric vacuum cleaner toolkits that just hoover up wells and aoe fields,  making them completely harmless.

Then fight outcome can be decided by a new boon count mechanic. The blob with the most boons in a specific time frame wins control of that area.

You have that. It's called Revenant Hammer 3

• 2 weeks later...

Nah, what they need to do is add a new class called Alladin that hovers in the air out of reach from AoEs with his flying carpet. But the catch is that the party mates can get on the carpet and also avoid all AoEs.

Just imagine it, perfect party: Firebrand, Scrapper, Aladdin. Perma stab, speed and ability to avoid all fields. It might not be particularly interesting gameplay but that we are going towards. No cooldown management, no coordination, just ezmode who brings most aladdins wins.

thats kinda bigbrain, they straight kill the skill with that. reducing stealth, making it stationary like all gyros now AND removing the option to blast it, like ok ... another random uncessary overkill

so nice, we cannot aoe stealth for longer than a few seconds now (blasting bomb kit should still work, i suppose)

so much love for gamemode destroying things like cloudblobs and pptblobs. wonderful. big cornerstonde mode wvw eh

cornerstone of nerfs in this cursed game

well, we do have bomb-kit to blast before engaging. So stealth engages from out of sight are still possible, the duration is just not going insane anymore (you can still reach ~12 seconds, which will be effectively ~9-10s factoring player-input and voice-delay in, just by utilizing bomb-kit, Thumper Turret, Rumble and Acid bomb to blast your smoke-bomb instead)

The issue with the Sneak-Gyro changes is, that now

This skill now plays a visual indicator to enemies on activation.

this part is the issue here, especially because of the heavily reduced duration of the sneak-gyro stealth after expiring
we now have 3 pulses of 1.5s each, on a 1s inverval, which results in a total of 2s of "full" stealth after the gyros expire (or a total of 5s of stealth after initial activation, including the timeframe when the enemy can see the indicator making stealth basically useless while this is active). Unless i did my math wrong, but let me assume it´s correct. 

This is basically just a bad version of veil (same duration of "effective" stealth) on a slightly shorter cooldown (which in most fights, won´t even matter), with the difference being, that veil is a utility, and sneak gyro being an elite skill. 

back to topic: 
we already have counterplay to wells (or AoE in general). 

They´re called: 

• Aegis
  • Dodge
  • and to some extent, superspeed

also, these skills don´t do anything unless you are able to force the enemy to stay inside the wells (basically CC), which ALSO has counterplay in form of stability, resistance and cleanse. 

On 9/21/2022 at 1:12 AM, TheGrimm.5624 said:

I am a bit surprised we don't already have that. Considering they could take inspiration from fractals and such.

There was an MMO, City of Heroes/Villains, in which many debuffs worked in that manner. So you’d “anchor” the debuff to a sturdier mob which would then serve to debuff the entire group. In all honesty, that type of thing could have some interesting tactical implications if introduced in GW2…

With all those threads about AoE, Projectile & Well counters, I am starting to think that balancing out those via skill balance is at a dead end (there is just a way too big discrepancy between individual skill benefit, 5v5 PvP balance and like 20vs20 fights in WvW) and devs should start looking at WvW siege weapons to provide counters against those problems (Canons that strip boons now, but have them deployable in the field; ballistae piercing normal skill reflects; shot types that make ground not target-able etc.)

2 hours ago, Gorani.7205 said:

With all those threads about AoE, Projectile & Well counters, I am starting to think that balancing out those via skill balance is at a dead end (there is just a way too big discrepancy between individual skill benefit, 5v5 PvP balance and like 20vs20 fights in WvW) and devs should start looking at WvW siege weapons to provide counters against those problems (Canons that strip boons now, but have them deployable in the field; ballistae piercing normal skill reflects; shot types that make ground not target-able etc.)

Yea, because more players  just sitting on walls and pressing a single button surely make the game more engaging ...

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, PrinceValentine.9320 said:

I hate it when commanders continuously ask for range bombs. Man, I want to just go balls deep and do some extreme hack and slash. That is what I came for. 

Range bomb with what? all the aoes got nerfed to the ground thanks to you melee people lmao.

• Confused 1

43 minutes ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Well now ya dun it, next patch they'll nerf cannons down to 5 targets. 😣

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Devastating_Shot

🤔
So if I ask people for severe Mech pew pew changes and changes to Willbender mobility Anet will listen to me right away! Awesome! let me start a list. 😂

27 minutes ago, UmbraNoctis.1907 said:

Yea, because more players  just sitting on walls and pressing a single button surely make the game more engaging ...

Because more players just sitting on walls  "AoE death traps" surely makes the game more engaging (For the defenders? For the attackers? Chose you poison).

Thanks for making me smile guys. 😊

Edited by Gorani.7205

45 minutes ago, Gorani.7205 said:

Because more players just sitting on walls  "AoE death traps" surely makes the game more engaging (For the defenders? For the attackers? Chose you poison).

Why don't you simply utilize those "aoe death traps" to kill the players? Why does it have to be siege - the most boring, skill-less, onesided and uninteractive way of "fighting"?

Yeah why even have siege at this point, it's so boring and uninteractive, we roll up to keep and have to build siege is so cringe...

We should just have all the gates open and throw food and insults at each from the walls monty python style instead...

Sometimes I wonder why some of you even bother playing a medieval siege warfare game mode...

🙄