from 0 to hero

Zbysier.3425

Herald and Vindicator are also good in their own rights.

Renegade is strong because it is the best ranged option and the best condi option too. 

Herald is a great quickness power dps, that does very well in spvp and WvW zergs. 

Vindicator does strong power damage with a dead easy rotation and depending on the build can be extremely tanky. 

Personally I like a Shiro/jalis Vindicator the best. I mostly do spvp, WvW roaming and open world soloing.

If you're just getting (back) into the profession, renegade is probably the easiest to do well in in solo or open world content. Herald is a close second, but is lacking in ranged options (hammer does nothing for condition builds and isn't exactly great even on power builds). Vindicator is a lot more complicated and probably shouldn't be attempted until you've mastered revenant mechanics with the other two.

10 minutes ago, Angesombre.4630 said:

Then with Herald I think it's a more defensive option I would say.
From October 4th if he puts the sigil back on the legend swap as he said it will give us a little more option for the choice of weapons and legends.
For vindicator we will have to see how it changes with the update too.

Vindicator is just the worst possible pick out of the rest rev specs. Renegade has better dps in general as condi option, herald is better dps as power option(well its close but still better imo) and both renegade and herald are better at beeing supp aswell, which leaves vindicator with no identity but only mediocre pdps if you wanna rp and just play for fun i guess, but it has no spot at beeing competitive in pve content like raids, strikes and ect. I think the following balance patch will add some QoL for vind with extra dodge but dps more or less will probably stay the same and they didnt mention any reworks for the supp version either.. 

Edited by soul.9651

1 minute ago, Zbysier.3425 said:

Neither my English was fine nor I was precise 😉 : I was asking about core Revenant and it’s specializations: retribution, devastation, etc. Which one should be progressed first? 

Those would be trait lines. Specializations are Herald, Renegade, and Vindicator (specialized trait lines).  [A bit confusing given the wiki has them listed as core and elite specializations].

If you want to play power Rev you want Devastation (sword game play). If you want condition you want to go Corruption (mace game play). Then beyond those you want invocation if you go power and most likely devastation as your second choice if you go condition. Retribution last for power (doesn't add much except a bit of survivability) and invocation last if going condition. 

But really beyond devastation or corruption (power or condition respectively) you want invocation and then the others are a toss as far as leveling goes. 

I’d go with invocation first as long as you can swap legends early on. I can’t remember when that becomes available. 
Invocation 2/2/1(or 2/2/3) will give you fury on legend swap, increased damage at full health, healing and full swiftness uptime and either a strong proc on legend swap or double fury crit chance. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Vyriis.6258 said:

Those would be trait lines. Specializations are Herald, Renegade, and Vindicator (specialized trait lines).  [A bit confusing given the wiki has them listed as core and elite specializations].

I think both names are valid 🙂 but that is not the point for arguing 😉

Nevertheless I think I got the answer 😉

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Zbysier.3425 said:

Neither my English was fine nor I was precise 😉 : I was asking about core Revenant and it’s specializations: retribution, devastation, etc. Which one should be progressed first? 

For rising a core REvenant from level 1 to 80 leveling it playing the game, I would chose to go with a condition build, with Jalis + Mallyx as legends and Corruption/Retribution/Invocation as traitlines, something like this:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmwAkeZlhQHMJyhFRNMI6hBSfMBKgjuSfKD-zxIY8o7vUSoA6KByMC6ME8fA-e

After the nerfs in Battle Scars and Tormenting runes the sustain in the Rev builds are lower than before, so the condition builds have the advantage of being able to deliver high damage while having well over 3K armor and 25K HP, whereas the power builds in order to do damage need to stay as much as they can in berserker gear which means least than 2.5K armor and 17K HP. If you still want to push strike damage I would run something like this:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmwAwyZlxQHMPyh1RNMO6hRSfMCKgl+U16H-zRIYR09PCeHA-e

Condi/hybrid builds have also the advantage of working with celestial stats, which means a HUGE buff in total stats (a full ascendant set of geat in four stats is a 10% increase in total numbers of ~10% (as from berserker to diviner or marauder), but going from berserker to celestial is almos a 75% increase in the total amount of stats available. That's something that power builds can't take advantage of.

Then after reaching 80 the choice of first spec to unlock is harder: Renegade is great at any range and has higher dps whereas Herald has more tankiness and is more mele oriented. Vindicator is just harder to play and I wouldn't recomend until you unlock the two before. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Buran.3796 said:

For rising a core REvenant from level 1 to 80 leveling it playing the game, I would chose to go with a condition build, with Jalis + Mallyx as legends and Corruption/Retribution/Invocation as traitlines, something like this:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmwAkeZlhQHMJyhFRNMI6hBSfMBKgjuSfKD-zxIY8o7vUSoA6KByMC6ME8fA-e

After the nerfs in Battle Scars and Tormenting runes the sustain in the Rev builds are lower than before, so the condition builds have the advantage of being able to deliver high damage while having well over 3K armor and 25K HP, whereas the power builds in order to do damage need to stay as much as they can in berserker gear which means least than 2.5K armor and 17K HP. If you still want to push strike damage I would run something like this:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmwAwyZlxQHMPyh1RNMO6hRSfMCKgl+U16H-zRIYR09PCeHA-e

Condi/hybrid builds have also the advantage of working with celestial stats, which means a HUGE buff in total stats (a full ascendant set of geat in four stats is a 10% increase in total numbers of ~10% (as from berserker to diviner or marauder), but going from berserker to celestial is almos a 75% increase in the total amount of stats available. That's something that power builds can't take advantage of.

Then after reaching 80 the choice of first spec to unlock is harder: Renegade is great at any range and has higher dps whereas Herald has more tankiness and is more mele oriented. Vindicator is just harder to play and I wouldn't recomend until you unlock the two before. 

will try this :) maybe with this setup (condi) it will be better

58 minutes ago, Zbysier.3425 said:

so here is another question: which stats should I prioritized when going with condi build? (i am asking about low levels, when you have 1 or 2 stats on your weapon/armor)

The timeframe in which you'll be only able to get gear with 2 stats is so small that doesn't even matter (a bit like barely matters to worry about gear at all until you reach 80, which will also happen in matter of days/weeks, as much). Condition and vitality or condition with power will work well. Jalis paired with Retribution provides a lot of self sustain and defensive tools and you'll have so much cc that most of the content would melt without even doing anything if you play well your cards... 

• Like 1