Bug | Soulbeast: Moa Stance - Boon extension does NOT work

FreshF.5793

Hi,

just wanted to report, that the Boon Extension from Moa Stance is NOT working.

I tried to extend boons like swiftness, fury or alacrity but the skills apply the same boons on the same duration as without having moa stance active.

Please fix this as soon as possible 🙂

I tried this in the training-area and outside of it.

Maybe you guys get this fixed until the october-update 🙂

Thanks a lot ❤️ 

• Like 1

Um are you sure? Seems like a weird bug to be ignored by the community although i might say probably the only players playing  with the forest boi are just the bots. 

Keep in mind Moa only extends 20% deppending which rule set the arena applies (i think wvw ruleset) which means the extension is at best 1-2 seconds. At best with a 10s boon application.

If it's one or two seconds you are probably missing that time by moving your mouse into the boon icon.  

6 minutes ago, anduriell.6280 said:

Um are you sure? Seems like a weird bug to be ignored by the community although i might say probably the only players playing  with the forest boi are just the bots. 

Keep in mind Moa only extends 20% deppending which rule set the arena applies (i think wvw ruleset) which means the extension is at best 1-2 seconds. At best with a 10s boon application.

If it's one or two seconds you are probably missing that time by moving your mouse into the boon icon.  

Yes I am sure. I have tested it cause I'm trying right now to build a power-alac-soulbeast. 

The moa-stance should actually increase the duration by 66% like it is quoted ingame and here (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Moa_Stance).

But the 7,5s alac my spirits give, are still 7,5s instead of where the duration should be -> 12,45 seconds (with 66% boon-increase). 

2 minutes ago, anduriell.6280 said:

For me is working fine with Quickness and alacrity, just checked. 

6s quickness becomes around 10. 4s alacrity becomes around 6s. 

Maybe other people can confirm if this is real issue. 

Ok, can you try it with this build in the special forces area please?

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?POwAEdflJwiYHMQmJOeTdP1JUD-zxQYhomtDuMaLFqoCsdaow4GA-e

Maybe it's the stance share? I tested it again and it is not working for me 😞

Edited by FreshF.5793

9 minutes ago, FreshF.5793 said:

Maybe it's the stance share? I tested it again and it is not working for me 😞

Nope still good. I don't have the concentration food but the boons are extended a 66% (alacrity). 

1 minute ago, UmbraNoctis.1907 said:

Boon duration is capped at 100%, so the maximum duration for alac from spirits is 8s.

Also the linked page shows 5s + 66% is 8s. I don't know where those 7 1/2 seconds came from. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, UmbraNoctis.1907 said:

Boon duration is capped at 100%, so the maximum duration for alac from spirits is 8s.

Ah ok. 

So it does NOT extend the current boon-duration of e.g. alacrity and adds 66% of it. Instead it ONLY extends from the base-duration (e.g. 4 seconds) and adds 2,64 secs. 4+2,64=6,64 secs.

I thought i would be like this:

Current duration: 5,5 seconds (w 40% boonduration) *1,66 = 9,13 seconds

If the first calculation is the current state, than the Moa Stance should DEFINITELY be adjusted!

It would be impossible to run only 2 spirits and having on extra free utility skill, without having 100% invest on concentration.

That way you can NOT run a Support-DPS 😞

13 minutes ago, FreshF.5793 said:

So it does NOT extend the current boon-duration of e.g. alacrity and adds 66% of it. Instead it ONLY extends from the base-duration (e.g. 4 seconds) and adds 2,64 secs. 4+2,64=6,64 secs.

If the first calculation is the current state, than the Moa Stance should DEFINITELY be adjusted!

No, read following link. There is nothing wrong with moa, you are just hitting the boon duration ceiling. 

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Boon_Duration

You will get used to this short comings with the Forest Boi, this class has plenty. 

13 minutes ago, FreshF.5793 said:

It would be impossible to run only 2 spirits and having on extra free utility skill, without having 100% invest on concentration.

That way you can NOT run a Support-DPS

correct. 

Edited by anduriell.6280
  • Thanks 3