Bring Out Your Builds!

CalmTheStorm.2364

Oct 4 should shake things up substantially--and I, for one, can't wait.

To pass the time (and to help your fellow warriors theory-craft), I've made this thread for folks to share their build ideas.

To kick us off, here's my take on a new-and-improved condizerker for PvP (Note: the trait selections reflect what/where the New traits will be, not the current ones):

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKABw+lzlRwoYYsQmJW8OptVA-zZoOkEUARKCyUK44BA

Some Pros:

Excellent condi dmg; decent power dmg as well

Loads of low-CD blocks/reflects

Guaranteed crits on your burst skills

some access to unblockables with Lesser Signet of Might procs

High base health

Lots of cleansing (Cleansing Ire works really well with Flaming Fury since only one projectile needs to hit to proc the trait)

High Resistance up-time

Decent dmg mitigation (Endure pain, Savage Instinct)

lots of adrenaline gain (Blood reckoning, Sig of Fury, Headbutt)

Some Cons:

Mobility is merely OK (but better because of reduced sword CDs).  Can take Bull's Charge or Sundering Leap to help with this

No sustained blocks (i.e. no shield)

susceptible to immobilize (tho high resistance uptime should help prevent it but not available once you get snared)

Variants:

Defiant Stance or mending for heal skill.

Could even try healing signet since it would be traited and would be on-demand resistance to help with immobilize.

Signet of Stamina for extra dodges/cleansing

Swap Signet of Fury for Berserker Stance--less adrenaline but on-demand resistance to escape immobile.

Could also swap to Last Stand if you're loading up on stances

Strength Variant:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKABw+lzlJwoYYsEmJOuPptVA-zZoOkEUARKCyUK44BA

Gain traited Mending and Bulls Charge

More condi application via Body Blow

Quickness access from Aggressive Onslaught

[Unrelated: Isn't "Aggressive Onslaught" redundant?  I mean, is there any other kind?]

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I'll still be playing my standard glass STR/Disc/Berserker build in sPVP.  I typically run Axe/axe GS, also Bull's Charge and Stomp, and, soon, having bursts of quickness + swiftness from those cc's will be pretty nice.  Overall sustained DPS got nerfed, but having those pockets of quickness could make up for it.  Passive Resistance triggers will also help out for not getting so easily interrupted.

Having our burst back outside of Berserk mode is also great.  There's a lot of mind games involved in holding off Berserk mode after a headbutt, making your target prematurely burn defensives, etc..  having the ability to put more pressure outside of Berserk is gonna be nice.

Exploding at the right moment into Berserk mode also pays off more now, with the added buffs to entering the mode.  Resistance + 2 second Blood Reck makes it quite a formidable offensive or counter-offensive mode upon entry, I can imagine, and I'm rather excited for it.

Edited by CaffeeCup.5742
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Stagnation.3659 said:

Planning to use hammer and with greatsword. Traitwise, I want to use strength and defense using some of the new traits like dodge resistance and cc quickness. Looking forward to the new wild blow too.

Yeah I'm super excited to try out hammer builds with some of the new buffs and traits. Cull the Weak and Aggressive Onslaught in particular look like a lot of fun together.

And the new rupturing smash animation looks amazing. Even if I don't hit anything, watching the very earth explode under the weight of my hammer will never get old lol. 

• Thanks 1

Too many options to try. A mix between aggressive and survivable. Def with strength, stances and aggressive onslaught is worth trying. Lessure endure pain every 20s with headbutt +barrier could be great when paired with the new adrenal health and dead or alive.

I wanna try axe/sh, axe/wh, mace/axe and see what feels better.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm intrigued by something like this:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwAEd7lJwCZYsGmJeqWetLA-zZILkGDhSTgerAZHAA

Sure, it's just another GS +Axe/Shield build on its surface, but it has a few nuances worth exploring:

1.) should get pretty good dmg negation and sustain from Endure pain, rapid Defy Pain Procs, and the attendant barrier and vigor generated from Last Stand.

2.) Sundering Leap instead of Bull's Charge.  This might not work out, but the planned buffs make SL worth a try.  It will have a 2.33 power coeff (decapitate has 2.0, for the record) attack on a 20s CD.  So it's a big deal if it hits, and it's something that your opponent definitely is going to need to burn a dodge, block, or some other defensive CD to avoid.  SL also will give you +10 adrenaline base and an additional +10 adrenaline if it hits.  This is great since it allows you to burst immediately on landing.  Imagine your opponent dodging SL just so you can catch them with Eviscerate as they come out of their dodge roll.

Condi cleanse could be an issue with this build since I'm taking Last Stand instead of cleansing ire; thus the choice of Mending and double cleansing sigils.  Probably still wouldn't be a good choice vs a core necro, tho.

Thoughts?

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

Sure, it's just another GS +Axe/Shield build on its surface, but it has a few nuances worth exploring:

1.) should get pretty good dmg negation and sustain from Endure pain, rapid Defy Pain Procs, and the attendant barrier and vigor generated from Last Stand.

2.) Sundering Leap instead of Bull's Charge.  This might not work out, but the planned buffs make SL worth a try.  It will have a 2.33 power coeff (decapitate has 2.0, for the record) attack on a 20s CD.  So it's a big deal if it hits, and it's something that your opponent definitely is going to need to burn a dodge, block, or some other defensive CD to avoid.  SL also will give you +10 adrenaline base and an additional +10 adrenaline if it hits.  This is great since it allows you to burst immediately on landing.  Imagine your opponent dodging SL just so you can catch them with Eviscerate as they come out of their dodge roll.

Condi cleanse could be an issue with this build since I'm taking Last Stand instead of cleansing ire; thus the choice of Mending and double cleansing sigils.  Probably still wouldn't be a good choice vs a core necro, tho.

Thoughts?

Re: condition cleanse, I think you will be fine enough. With brawlers+mending+SIO you will have roughly as much cleansing as warrior normally has rn, which is not poor by any stretch. With EP and Headbutt, SIO can be more of a condition first use, for which it is going to be more viable given the shorter cooldown now. No way to know for certain until you play test it though. 

• Like 1

I'll probably try glass Zerker Hammer/GS or even Hammer/LB for zergs, classic Strength/Disc build.

For roaming/smallscale I was using a bit unorthodox 'brawlery' Cele Zerker build lately, so I'll probably stick to that, but with the new Defense line. Weapon-wise probably LB/X, X being Sword+somethig or even Hammer.

Tbh I'm really happy that core bursts are returning on Zerker. I really like LB core burst for pressuring walls and sieges with its large AoE, and I was always missing this while playing LB Zerker.

Edited by Zsoak.5409
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

Thoughts?

It's worth pointing out that the utility skills all use the unequipped weapon strength, so you won't hit as hard as you are thinking with SL.

21 minutes ago, Verdict is Vengence.6912 said:

I'm definitely going to earthshake fools with hammer first and foremost. Second, I'm going to try and make diviner/commanders stats work for a roaming build in wvw.

Yeah, I think hammer could see some play in a teamfighter/zerg role. Especially Rupturing smash, since it will immobilize enemies even if they have stability. And the new Cull the Weak would make that a powerful source of weakness application, too.

Hammer still has a lot of survivability issues, so I'm not sure how well it will do in small scale fights like PvP where builds need to be more self sufficient to succeed (at least in regular ranked/unranked play). But it will certainly be interesting!