Ranger - Items not showing up in Discovery pane - SOLVED, thank you! [Merged]

Hi All,

I've tried searching for this on the forums but i'm not finding anything with my searches, hoping someone can enlighten me.

My leatherworking craft level is 449  and my armorsmith crafting level is 500, and I'm trying to locate items that I own to use in the discovery panel. Multiple things keep not showing up in the discovery pane and that's very frustrating. I'm hoping I'm just braindead and doing something wrong and someone here can help me with what I'm doing wrong, or why I shouldn't see those items available in the discovery pane at the appropriate crafting table. I can't recall where I saw the info, or even if I'm recalling it correctly, but I vaguely feel like I saw mention of bugs with items not showing up for crafting, but it sounded like it was few and far between items, rare occurences.

At any rate, I have 217 Watchwork Sprockets. None are showing up in Discovery, though all show up in search of Crafting Materials. I created an Ornate Armorsmiths's Backpack and it shows up in my inventory and even in the crafting panel, it recognizes that I have one, but it isn't showing up in my discovery panel. Tried to craft Adventurer's Mantle at Armorsmithing, I have all 4 items yet the Rampager's Adventurer's Scarf doesn't show up in Discovery, though again, I can see it in my inventory.

I don't think the invisible bag is meant for this purpose, just selling, but to be clear, the items are not in anything like that.

Any suggestions for what is going on, and/or how to remedy this, so I can craft the things I can see on the wiki and on gw2crafts.net that I should be able to craft?  Thanks to anyone who has any information for me whatsoever 😉

11 minutes ago, Lilith The Fallen.1590 said:

I've tried searching for this on the forums but i'm not finding anything with my searches, hoping someone can enlighten me.

7 minutes ago, Warscythes.9307 said:

What exactly are you trying to craft? Also are you sure whatever it is, is it through discovery or do you need a recipe for it?

As Warscythes said, the item may not be a discovery item. If it requires recipes, then the mats will not appear in discovery pane. Check the item on the Production tab. And also make sure you have the recipes if needed.

EDIT NOTE: All items that used Watchwork Sprockets require recipes. So, not discoverable and will not show up there.

Edited by Silent.6137

GW2Crafts.net instructions directs to "discover" the adventurer's mantle, which is listed under level 475 as being:

Discover: Adventurer's Mantle

Orichalcum Helmet Lining (1)
 Orichalcum Helmet Casing (1)
 Rampager's Adventurer's Scarf (1)
 Cleric's Adventurer's Spectacles (1)

and here:  https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Adventurer's_Mantle_(heavy)  , on the wiki...  I don't see anything contradicting that it can be made without a recipe?

But even so, if I didn't have the recipe, I would think it would still show up as an item, in the discovery pane, but be red for the attempt in question, wouldn't it?  

I wrote this off but I feel like I ran into it more than once, and I can't recall the specific items right now (sorry, I was trying to level my crafting in armorsmith and then back to leatherworker and dont recall). I'll try to find them again and see if they are items that require a recipe vs. being discovered.  I had actually thought that if you discovered a recipe on your own via the discovery panel that wouldn't necessitate having the recipe itself, but I can see where that would probably be an incorrect assumption!

6 minutes ago, Silent.6137 said:

As Warscythes said, the item may not be a discovery item. If it requires recipes, then the mats will not appear in discovery pane. Check the item on the Production tab. And also make sure you have the recipes if needed.

EDIT NOTE: All items that used Watchwork Sprockets require recipes. So, not discoverable and will not show up there.

Thank you! When I went back and rechecked the wiki, I saw the sprockets were definitely part of actual recipes, thank you! But that's interesting, so, if an item can be used to craft, but you don't know the recipe, they just won't show up in the discovery panel at all... That makes sense, since can't discover anything made with it. But the Mantle item, I still can't figure out the issue.

• Lilith The Fallen.1590 changed the title to Ranger - Items not showing up in Discovery pane - SOLVED, thank you!
8 minutes ago, Lilith The Fallen.1590 said:

But the Mantle item, I still can't figure out the issue.

I assume you have the correct item for the discovery? That is,  Adventurer's Spectacles (heavy) & Adventurer's Scarf (heavy). plus the 2 other items already crafted? Make sure those two Adventurer items are Heavy class, and you're using Armorsmith crafting station.

• Like 1

• Forum Moderator.3419 changed the title to Ranger - Items not showing up in Discovery pane - SOLVED, thank you! [Merged]