Can we get an extra source of Blade shards?

Veprovina.4876

I mean, other than parking an alt at the worst JP there is, grinding aetherblades also at that puzzle, or nightmare fractal, there's nowhere to get them, and you need TONS.

And with season 1 now being a thing, can blade shards idk, be a reward for twisted marionette or something?

So that you know, crafting a backpack doesn't take 3 years.

Just a thought...

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

It may not be as painful as Not So Secret.  :classic_tongue:

Well to be fair, i only have to do it once, it's not that hard with position rewinder, more annoying.

But parking an alt there isn't the problem, it's that, you need 1000 of them per backpack piece, and you get like 1-2 a day...

And well, with the spirit of season 1, i thought it would be cool and thematic if Anet brings those back and adds another source. 🙂

40 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

98 cm gives some aswell.

I don't do fractals... 😞

At least not anymore, and i never did CMs.

45 minutes ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

That's what I did back when. Dust + dust + sprockets + 1 shard to get more shards. Just about as painful as mystic clovers.

I play WvW mostly, i'm poor lol. 😄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kayberz.5346 said:

Im willing to bet the strike mission that comes with episode 5 will award plenty of them. Bladeshards are scarce now but during the invasion of lions arch events they dropped like crazy, i ended up with enough bladeshards to make all 3 backpacks and i still had some left over

I hope they drop like crazy too in episode 5 again! 🙂

I wanna make the backpacs.

I have two, the default one, and the colored one. It took me years.

I wanna get the other two colors, but man, i'm trying to do the grind again but it's just too much.

But hey, if they're releasing that, it should be the same as it was before right? So blade shards will drop again i hope.

1 hour ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

They are ~9s34c each through the forge recipe. That is roughly 83g for the backpack.

So around 4 hours https://www.peuresearchcenter.com/benchmarks.php

Well if all else fails, yeah, i'll convert them...

But i have to be doing something wrong, i did that Dragonfall farm for hours, completed it 2 times, idk, didn't seem to get 40 gold out of it...

And yeah, i know, materials, but i still need "normal" gold to buy anything from TP (case in point - the materials for the blade shard conversion) so idk...

In any case, WvW is leeching my money constantly so there's that too.

50 minutes ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

Those back items were re-added to the game as part of the rewards for doing Nightmare CM, before that you couldn't even craft them anymore as the blue print was inaccessible.

That said, with LWS1 coming back its probably time to just make them regular rewards again.

You can i think buy blueprints from TP...

But yeah, i hope they bring back the backpacks and blade shards for episode 5 again.

And all the LS1 rewards that used to be available then.

• Like 1

Gift of sprockets? https://wiki.guildwars2.com/index.php?title=Gift_of_Sprockets

Costs 15 gold and 25 laurels.  It periodically drops blade shards - with that, I was able to make the backpack.  And given the price of sprockets, it has probably paid for itself (as well as the watchwork mining pick).

If I could sell blade shards, I would.  My storage was overflowing with them, so last festival of the four winds, I used them to buy whatever was being sold to get rid of excess mats.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Indeed.  No idea which is more painful for OP; I don't have the issue having stacks and stack of Blade Shards. 

Maybe they will come back in Episode 5.  🤷‍♀️

Buy the 5 a day green back from fractal merchant to get rid of stacks?

2 hours ago, Solvar.7953 said:

Gift of sprockets? https://wiki.guildwars2.com/index.php?title=Gift_of_Sprockets

Costs 15 gold and 25 laurels.  It periodically drops blade shards - with that, I was able to make the backpack.  And given the price of sprockets, it has probably paid for itself (as well as the watchwork mining pick).

If I could sell blade shards, I would.  My storage was overflowing with them, so last festival of the four winds, I used them to buy whatever was being sold to get rid of excess mats.

Fun fact you dont have to wait for festival of the four winds just go into fractal lobby and one of the merchants there sell the same thing for blade shards daily.

Edited by Linken.6345

The season 1 memory boxes in the gemstore give black lion commemorative sprockets that you can double click to open a shop window to buy everything to make ascended spinal blade back packs.  You spend the bl sprockets to buy the materials. the Blade Shards are sold in batches of 100 that ,I think, cost 1 bl sprocket.  The colorants cost 3 BLS for 5 so you need six bls to color your pack.  I now have the red, green, and blue spinal backpacks because of this memory box promotion. By 10 boxes at once and you save 500 gems.
Sure, I have a watchwork node at home, but this was so much faster.

13 hours ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

But i have to be doing something wrong, i did that Dragonfall farm for hours, completed it 2 times, idk, didn't seem to get 40 gold out of it...

Out of the all the choices DF would probably be one of the last for me since getting the most out of it involves tagging enough of the events to get the keys to open the coffers as well as having access to the coffers. A bit too hectic for my taste.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Solvar.7953 said:

Yeah, I have one of these and mine it every day.  After I made the backpack I wanted they just kept building up over time.  I used the festival barter to get rid of them this last festival too.

22 hours ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

But parking an alt there isn't the problem, it's that, you need 1000 of them per backpack piece, and you get like 1-2 a day...

you can park multiples there, that's how I got all mine done with a few months

but I think the easier solution Anet should do is just remove Account Bound restrict on all crafting and mystic forge materials, I got so much of these Account Bound materials that I'm just throwing them into the void with maxed out material storage

• Confused 1

23 hours ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

I mean, other than parking an alt at the worst JP there is, grinding aetherblades also at that puzzle, or nightmare fractal, there's nowhere to get them, and you need TONS.

And with season 1 now being a thing, can blade shards idk, be a reward for twisted marionette or something?

So that you know, crafting a backpack doesn't take 3 years.

Just a thought...

If you are making all the dif backpacks you can just get blades and the needed gifts w sprockets from LW1 memory boxes. Its really not a bad deal esp if you want some of the rng stuff in em still. I think they are still on sale?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Black_Lion_Commemorative_Sprocket

1=100 blades

3= Gift of blades (~slighly blades more but you can skip the ascended mats then)

4 = Gift of Ascension

5= base spinal backpack, but Im not sure which is cheaper this is crafting the base w blueprint from fractals.

When I did them I used some of these for bits but I found it cheaper to get some off the TP like the various power cores. Also one recipe makes the infused 2 slot version off the bat on the backpacks. I would use that one cause its cheaper or was last I checked.

Edited by Moradorin.6217
  • Like 1