Why Whirling Axe Nerf?

Krew.3081

It's just honestly a shame. It was one of the only good weapons left imo. I'd rather lose Bladesworn as an entire spec to save Right Axe. I guess they just want us to be support warriors. Never played a melee character in an mmo where the damage just constantly goes down and down and down over all the years. 

Edited by Krew.3081
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Aza.2105 said:

I haven't played for a while. Last time I checked most people thought bladesworn was weak. What changed?

Anet: We made an unplayable new Mechanic. How do we fix it?

Balance Team: Why dont we uber buff its survivability, so we can ignore the idiotic new Mechanic.

Anet: GENIUS!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, Aza.2105 said:

I haven't played for a while. Last time I checked most people thought bladesworn was weak. What changed?

carried by a million bugs and over tuned self healing.

with this many bugs and self healing, any class can become god, but bladesworn only became good, still below the likes of cata, no one play cata only because nobody want to spend the effort to learn it.

grimjack literally got top1 soloq as cata and being the only legendary rating, while no bladesworn ever comes close to that rating.

disregarding the bugs and over tuned self healing, bladesworn is completely useless and out mechanic'ed in every way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, felix.2386 said:

thing is axe and warrior is strong may even be too good in GVG which is mostly the main nerf for.

A. Anet said they wont nerf for the 0.0001% anymore. "cough" Catalyst "Cough"

B. Anet said that Spellbreaker is strong in WvW.  Which is 100% wrong. If Roy said Spellbreaker is to strong in GvG and they do targeted nerfs there, we would not have that convo.

C. And that the axe nerf and the fact that SpB does not get needed buffs is because of GvG is just an assumption. We dont know if its just ANet being wrong again or just really bad communication.

Edited by DanAlcedo.3281
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/23/2022 at 2:49 PM, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

A. Anet said they wont nerf for the 0.0001% anymore. "cough" Catalyst "Cough"

that's only pve.

for pvp/player versus player mode

they will balance around the top performance because it only make sense.

also they didnt mean they won't nerf for the 0.0001%

they mean they are allowing complex specs to overperform when played perfectly(top players 20 tries only 1 succeed type of 0.00001% overperform),

which also makes sense in pve,

but does not make sense in pvp.

two different words, different meaning

Edited by felix.2386
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, eXruina.4956 said:

could've been number of targets on warhorn instead of one of the few things that can see some use. 🤣

I truly think it was a token nerf, or a nerf in anticipation of people like me in WvW using the Maul engage skill animation to hide Bull's Charge -> Axe 5 -> swap -> Earth Shaker -> Fierce Blow.

• Like 1

On 9/23/2022 at 6:10 PM, felix.2386 said:

grimjack literally got top1 soloq as cata and being the only legendary rating, while no bladesworn ever comes close to that rating.

I bet Boyce has no problem to reach legend with Bladesworn in its current state, most likely not even after upcoming nerfs. Ranking performance of specs isn't rly a good indicator of balance anymore, too many rigged stuff is happening and population too low. Doesn't mean i disagree about bladesworn having bad mechanics but i would not use ranked as a point.