How are you winning the Thief fashion wars?

Squeesidhe.4761

With all this discussion in the forums about builds and nerfs and how to play Thief effectively without being instantly killed by Sand Lions, it's time for an actually important topic: how to look awesome. 

What are your recommendations for how to look like the most kitten Thief possible? Including variants for elite specs if you have them. Talking about: wardrobe, dye colors, weapon skins, outfits, miniatures - everything. Hairstyle. Race. Whatever element you've taken into account when designing what the World of Warcraft team calls the "fantasy" of your Thief (puke, but it gets the point across).

I'm hoping to discover stuff I didn't know was in the game or had never thought of, so I can go check it out. Here's what I've got going on right now: 

My Thief starting concept is lifted from Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon: a human noble who is a secret martial arts kitten (well, I guess not so secret any more, being the Commander and so on). So on "off duty" missions I have her wearing the Noble Courtier Outfit with the head slot turned off (that weird face tiara thing). All variations of black dye with a hint of Blacklight. Generally her vibe is pale skin, shoulder length hair and everything else black, so very Snow White.

When she needs to "suit up" and go full shadow ninja, I started out as full Ancient Tahkyun except for the shoulders, which were a bit much. For the shoulders I'm still doing the Sneakthief Shoulderguards, which have a minimal profile and are a classic Thief callback. Recently I've upgraded her look with Etherbound Chestplate and Etherbound Leggings, and Decades Past boots. I guess this is her "kitten Commander who's seen some kitten" look. Backslot is Shrine Guardian. 

Dyes going clockwise are Shadow Abyss, Shadow Violet, Blacklight, and Black.

Outfits: when not being a mysterious noble lady, any of the following: Shadow Assassin, Abyss Stalker (probably my favorite), True Assassin. I like Mage Knight for Deadeye. For some reason I don't care for Nightspeaker - too boob-focused, which isn't my Thief's vibe. I'm waiting for Venombite to show back up on the market. 

My Thief is currently being a Specter at the moment. I wanted her Scepter to be a focal point, so I'm using the Abaddon skin. This is paired with the Ravensoul skin for her side dagger. 

For the other weapon combo I'm Sword / Pistol. For the sword I wanted something with an Asian vibe, so I chose Fox Fire. Pistol skin is Harbinger, since I like the look of it and thematically it seems to fit with the corruption nature of Specter.

Put all together, my Specter has a lot of glowing light effects going on (as any self respecting higher level Commander should), while still maintaining the core shadow ninja vibe. She doesn't look like anyone you'd want to kitten with (I can't back that up in terms of game skill, but we're talking fashion wars here).

Miniature: this one I struggle with. Mini selection for my Necro and my Asura Engineer were both pretty obvious, but I haven't really found a perfect match for my Thief yet. I want something that looks like a little helper to her work as a member of the Order of Whispers / Ninja sneaky person; I've used Mini Toxic Spider Queen (maybe her source of the various poisons she uses??) and the Mini Shade. What I think I'd really like to get my hands on is the Oxidecimous the Shadow Raven, so this might be my focus during the next Halloween season.

Glider: Nightspeaker Wings. It's not too over the top and with Black / black variant dyes it looks like shadow wings.

Mounts: Skyscale - Dark Monarch; Griffin - Nightfang; Skimmer - Umbral Demon. Springer is either Sinister Feline or Infernal Horror. Raptor I don't really have a skin I love yet that isn't Mad Realm based, and I don't have anything particularly thematic yet for Roller Beetle or Warclaw. I don't have the Turtle yet, and I don't believe there are any "spooky" skins out for it yet anyway. 

Edited by Squeesidhe.4761

Pic1
Pic2

My Specter 🙂
I wanted to achieve some kind of Nomad-Assassin look. I didn't really want to go all black, so I incorporated some white/silver and red into the outfit and some leather brown for the leather straps on arms, legs and waist.
I also really liked the transparent cape of Elden Ring's Black Knife Set and replicated that look on my character with the shimmering aurora cape.
Weapons are White Tiger ones since they fitted best with their black-white-red combo.

No, am I not winning the fashion war. TL:DR is that Charr medium armour is way too baggy and filled with trench coats.

See, my issue is that I exclusively play Charr,*** I think they're a cool race that bridges the gap between a furry and a animal, as in, a biped and I quadruped. 

But hoooooooooo-leeeeeeeeeee-shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit is Charr medium armour not great for a Thief, and Thief out of all the medium classes suffers the most. I have a ranger and he has a cool looking getup using the medium Ascanlonian chest, and I don't have a engi but I've seen Charr engi's thar make it work. 

But for Thief? It doesn't work, and why it doesn't work is that Charr medium armour is loaded with tons of trench coats and extremely baggy chest pieces. There's no real good options for anything that's not baggy or robe-y, and considering there's a whole legion dedicated to spies, infiltrators, assassins, and other sneaky types, this really, really sucks for Charr.

Even ignoring Ash, it still makes it hard to make yourself look like a Thief/Assassin/Sneaky dude, you can make yourself LOOK like a Ranger as Charr, you can make yourself LOOK like a Engi as Charr, but Thief? It's so, so bloody hard to come up with something that makes people say, "he sure does look sneaky". 

The closest thing that I may like is the True Assassin's Outfit, but it's a outfit so it's cheating and it's lazy, but holy crap, with how god awful the selection for poteinal good Thief getups is I'm real, real bloody tempted to buy it. Like look at the OG GW's Assassins Armours, it's stuff that's tailor made for a Thief, loaded with things like daggers, skin tight clothing, stuff that you'd use if you were sneaking about, y'know? Not none of those stupid overly baggy crap we have now. 

Spoiler

***Every furry is a Charr main, but not every Charr main is a Furry!