Druid Staff 1….

Reaper.5698

Power scales terribly with druid. 

Fighting with a staff is equivalent to using a tickle beam.

If it is not buffed, in terms of power, it should atleast be made into a condi staff, it is, afterall, a solar beam, which you would think would have stacks of burning per tick attached to it.

I play druid, and would like to see either buffs to the staff in terms of power or condi, or the creation of a dueling staff for druid.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

Power Scaling on beam should be bumped to 0.6 or even 0.7, due to it taking ~0.41s per hit and having less that half usual base flat damage on ranger weapons. Also healing p. scaling should go up to 0.06 on top of 50 base, just to make the healing a bit more noticeable. 
Also I think adding condi is not a correct choice, since all autos have only one bonus effect at a time on top of the damage (the only exception being chain autos where effect can change into a different one and last chain being more rewarding).

I played PoF all the way through as a Druid and then as a heal mech and it was night and day difference.  The mech pet alone prob does double the damage.  I’m not 100% sure but it is definitely better than a Druid pet.  

I found mech easier to put out damage while healing.  The barrier is so good! Especially since you don’t know damage patterns it was pretty awesome.  Druid healing didn’t seem as strong even with the same gear.  I would say Druid was more difficult to execute and less rewarding.  

• Like 2

I'd just like to be able to do overland pve with a staff and feel like a druid. Not forced into using a bow or two handed sword with "druid" class name. I've said it before staff is  like fighting with a wet noodle. It doesn't have to be uber dps just decent. Why pigeon hole druid into just full heals. Make it a unique hybrid and ultimately fun to play. I keep coming back to the forums hoping to see some sort of staff buffs but I always leave letdown.

• Like 6

On 9/27/2022 at 8:39 PM, Mardane.8735 said:

I'd just like to be able to do overland pve with a staff and feel like a druid. Not forced into using a bow or two handed sword with "druid" class name. I've said it before staff is  like fighting with a wet noodle. It doesn't have to be uber dps just decent. Why pigeon hole druid into just full heals. Make it a unique hybrid and ultimately fun to play. I keep coming back to the forums hoping to see some sort of staff buffs but I always leave letdown.

They really just need to make the elite spec roles come from utilities, and not weapons.  All weapons should be there for killing things.  There's no reason to have a bunch of heals and low damage on the staff, when you can just make the utilities strong heals and then the staff deal decent enough damage to contribute to a group or get by solo.

• Like 2

This is something they've done better in EoD imho. You can pretty much always use the spec's weapon whichever role you lean into. Whereas for Druid, if you're not strongly focused on healing, you're not bringing staff. I'd be tempted to buff the power and give some condi to it, so you could potentially go either way  (similar to the approach they took in EoD). Some more dps focused options in traits would be nice too - I'd love it if Ancient Seeds were more viable as a power option.

• Like 2

On 9/27/2022 at 9:39 PM, Mardane.8735 said:

IMO, this was by design. Anet trying to force that group content.  Druid came out when raids came out.  It was supposed to be a support spec for use in raiding. 

• Like 1