Kicking someone from guild and booster question

34 minutes ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

If you kick someone from your guild while they are in the hall; will they get removed from the hall?

Also, will they lose the booster they got from said Guild?

Not sure about the booster, my main character seems to have a booster that I'm pretty sure I got from a guild I no longer take part of.

• Confused 1

51 minutes ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

Your first question was already answered correctly, so let me get to your second one:

The boost should remain to my knowledge, because it is a universal buff. It shouldn't matter what guild you acquired it from.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

Just this dodgy fellow, sounded very oddly unusual to me.

Then lied about representing.

Just went around the Hall for ages, and it just looked like they were snooping around.

There is absolutely nothing any "dodgy fellow" can do to sabotage a guild unless you allow the person to do so.

Probably just a new player checking things out and maybe trying to act less noobish. Halls in various locations are all totally different and can be fun exploring. There's also safe fishing locations there. The only thing that's of value for a guild is the vault but access to that can be tiered or closed altogether. In addition, access to the vault can be done in many places, not just from the hall.

Edited by Silent.6137
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

If you kick someone from your guild while they are in the hall; will they get removed from the hall?

I believed when a guild member got kicked while she is in the guild hall, she stays there until she leaves or logout. I have no idea about the guild buff thingy though.

Edited by MintyMin.2718

7 minutes ago, MintyMin.2718 said:

I believed when a guild member got kicked while she is in the guild hall, she stays there until she leaves or logout. I have no idea about the guild buff thingy though.

No, will be removed from the hall instantly. Non-members can't enter or be inside unless in a party with a member. Does not need to be representing the guild to be inside if you're a member. Access  to services will be restricted unless representing the guild.

Edited by Silent.6137
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Silent.6137 said:

No, will be removed from the hall instantly. Non-members can't enter or be inside unless in a party with a member. Does not need to be representing the guild to be inside if you're a member. Access  to services will be restricted unless representing the guild.

Are you sure? When I first started out with my private guild, I used to invite many players into my guild as member visitors. And when all things are done, I thanked them and kicked them out from my guild and those who were in my Hall, STAYED there to further explore. Only non members in a party get booted from the Hall when you kicked them out from your party or when you leave your guild hall.

Well, unless ANet changed something in the past patches otherwise the answer is still YES ex-members stayed in the Hall... even after I logout from the game..

Edited by MintyMin.2718

Leaving/getting kicked from a guild while staying in the guildhall:
The player in question stays in the guildhall until they leave on their own.

What a lot of people do not really seem to know is that we can actually have guests in the guildhall. Some of you probably know that you can claim a guildhall without inviting your squad-members to your guild. Just enter the portal and the others can enter it too, selecting your guild-instance in a drop-down menue.

Getting strangers into the guildhall works the same way. You only need to be in the guildhall and have your friend in your party/squad. Then they have to enter the guildhall the 'old-fashioned' way, by using the portal in the normal map. If those players are kicked from squad/party, they also stay in the guildhall until they leave on their own. 

Guildbuffs after leaving/kick/un-representing/switching guild:
Buff remains on the character which claimed it. This is because ANet made the buff with infinite duration. In the past, it just wore off after 24 hours. But infinite buff means it stays 'almost' forever. There are a few rare occasions, like entering the SAB, which remove all of your buffs including the guild-buff. 

And the % boost works how?
The strength of the buff depends on how many buffs have been unlocked and can vary between 3 % and 10 %. The strength of the buff only depends on the time of claiming it.

If you claim the buff from a guild with 6 % intensity, you keep it until you either cleanse all of your buffs (e. g. by entering SAB) or by applying another buff, even if it is the same kind (e. g. replacing a guild-karma buff with another guild-karma buff).

You can downgrade your own buff. If you happen to have a maxed one from one guild (10 %) and decide to apply one of a guild with only 6 %, you get the one with 6 %.

Representing/guild-membership has no effect on the % strength of the buff. Even if you have only claimed the buff and instantly left the guild or got kicked, the buff stays with you until cleansed or replaced.

Final note: The only mechanic that works with guild-representation is the waypoint-discount. The strength of the % cost reduction depends on which guild you represent. Being invisible but representing counts as representing = you get the discount.

Representing another guild means you get the waypoint-discount of that guild. If it has none unlocked, you do not get any discount at all. Same works for not representing any guild at all. 

Edited by HnRkLnXqZ.1870
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, MintyMin.2718 said:

Are you sure?

3 hours ago, HnRkLnXqZ.1870 said:

Leaving/getting kicked from a guild while staying in the guildhall:
The player in question stays in the guildhall until they leave on their own.

Both of you are indeed correct. Mixed up Home Instance and Guildhall on that particular issue where another player can't be in Home if not in party.

Ok.

Let me answer to you both simultaniously. 

It was late yesterday  (2 am) and was falling asleep. 

A non representative guild member, is not a useful member, for the biggest part.

I only have one single non rep. Member that has contributed, pass the probation period and actually promoted to a high rank, but she's a very special case.

A non rep cannot be called upon when needed, for guild missions, help other players, etc.

As far as I know they can't even read guild chat.

Because I am not an intrusive person, not give pressure to my members, I decided to let each one chose their own fate and role within the guild ranks.

For instance, I have a member that just reached the highest rank possible, in mere days, for always being up for guild missions, donating mats, and showing interest in guild development.

That's how you run a guild.

Those who are there merely to get a booster, but never reply when needed, in my understanding are freeloaders, and are occupying a space in the guild roster that could be used for a valuable member.

I personally care more about Guild Missions than anything else.

I don't pressure anyone to donate.

I do most of it myself.

But I do want members to participate.

If a member doesn't see the value in it.

A guild progress is for the good of the entire roster; then it is not a valuable member and therefore has no place in my guild.

Edited by SoulGuardian.6203
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

They can read non-rep guild chat unless they toggle it off. You can read and respond to chat from all 5 of your guilds in the same chat window.

I can understand booting them if they don't help with your guild mission/activity, but they are still perfectly able to just toggle their guild rep when joining for a mission.

Now, obviously, you know best how you want to run your guild, and it's no one else's business, and you are not inviting feedback on that. Just that the above 2 reasons listed above are inaccurate.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

If they don't respond is because their chat must be toggled off, or not interested in getting involved.

recisely. 

It's not just about representing. 

It's the fact that they don't participate.

Exactly this here.

You said it all.

I never asked for any advice in how to run a guild.

I made a simple question.

Which two reasons are inaccurate? 

The fact that they can't be reached and don't reply to guild chat when needed?

Or the fact that if they don't represent, I can't be certain if they are interested at all in being involved and are there just for the free boosters?

If you are not clear in what position you want to take in a guild, it becomes very hard to manage.

I'm not going to go through every single member individually and give them an application form to fill in or make an interrogation; in an 80+ crew guild, and counting.

I'm not like the others that do that before even sending you an invite.

They pm you with a thousand questions.

I don't do that. I'm not the police.

Members have to show me initiative in order to become recognised.

If that simple basic requirement is not fulfilled,  why on earth are you in a guild on the first place?

Edited by SoulGuardian.6203
  • Confused 4

Just now, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

Yes sunshine,

That was very helpful and on topic. No doubt.

Try getting 5 or 6 people to do a Guild mission for favor out of 86 members, and only one, your most loyal, shows up; then we'll talk.

Do you do it the same time every week or when ever you fancy it?

If it is willy nilly people might have other things planned already.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

Try getting 5 or 6 people to do a Guild mission for favor out of 86 members, and only one, your most loyal, shows up; then we'll talk.

Been there, done that for several months. If you find yourself in that situation again, or feel you do not have enough people for a mission, here are some >Tips & Tricks<.

Best of luck for your guild. If you have more questions, just ask. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, HnRkLnXqZ.1870 said:

Been there, done that for several months. If you find yourself in that situation again, or feel you do not have enough people for a mission, here are some >Tips & Tricks<.

Best of luck for your guild. If you have more questions, just ask. 

Thank you so much.

I'll save that page for future reference. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2