Low FPS and low resource usage issues

I'm trying to play Guild Wars on my new Dell XPS 15 laptop. It has a RTX 3050Ti and 11th gen i7-11800H @ 2.3GHz.

I've set the Dell Power Management setting to Ultra Performance and made sure Guild Wars is running on the nvidia GPU.

However I average about 25 FPS in game on the absolute lowest settings, eventhough CPU and GPU usage is only at about 30%. 

Any tips on how to resolve this issue?

Edited by Unicorn Stash.3710

2 minutes ago, Unicorn Stash.3710 said:

Nope, my BIOS looks way different. I do have the selection option in the Nvidia control panel, but that's already set to the Nvidia card

Eh, if that option isn't in your BIOS, that sounds like you're out of luck.  The laptops that come from work always have this and end up needing that disabled for SolidWorks.

You might need to check Dell support for this because it sounds more like a hardware issue.  Benchmark programs should be able to give you an idea of what's normal for your hardware.

4 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Eh, if that option isn't in your BIOS, that sounds like you're out of luck.  The laptops that come from work always have this and end up needing that disabled for SolidWorks.

You might need to check Dell support for this because it sounds more like a hardware issue.  Benchmark programs should be able to give you an idea of what's normal for your hardware.

Alright, will do! What would you advise me to ask them? As I'm not so sure at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/25/2022 at 12:56 AM, Unicorn Stash.3710 said:

I'm trying to play Guild Wars on my new Dell XPS 15 laptop. It has a RTX 3050Ti and 11th gen i7-11800H @ 2.3GHz.

I've set the Dell Power Management setting to Ultra Performance and made sure Guild Wars is running on the nvidia GPU.

However I average about 25 FPS in game on the absolute lowest settings, eventhough CPU and GPU usage is only at about 30%.

Any tips on how to resolve this issue?

What are your temps like when you're experiencing these low FPS?  Is it constant right from the start of the game or does it gradually get worse?