How to make mesmers (all) work better in WvW

Kencu.5846

Hey all,

I think mesmer mains agree that the reason we play this class is that it's a bit different from everything else. We don't want to deal the most damage or heal everyone, we want to create chaos and distract the enemy. Portal bombing, Veil, Gravity Well, Temporal Curtain - these all fit into that playstyle. But not much more unfortunately.
Here are my ideas how to make mesmers great again with some small but effective changes:

1. Focus rework
Focus is a crucail part of playing chrono in WvW, Temporal Curtain is a great skill and SHOULD NOT be touched. However focus 5 is completely useless (maybe it's good against target golems lol).

Focus 5 

Channel a protective energy between you and the targeted area.. Allies in the targeted area cannot be affected by conditions and get 50% damage reduction. You are unable to move while channeling.

Number of Alliess: 3
Duration: 3 seconds
Radius: 240
Range: 1200
Recharge: 45 seconds

2. Dagger rework
Remove projectile on skill 2 and 3. Make skill 3 change, depending on the off-hand weapon (Hello thieves!) and reflect each weapon's style.

Dagger 3 with Sword offhand:
Dragon Blades

Release a flurry of Blades around you and increase the damage of your blade skills . Gain Quickness and Ferocity if you critically hit your target. Your Blade cooldowns are increased by 1.5 seconds.

Damage: 400
 Damage increase: x1.5
Duration: 3 seconds
Blade
Range: 1,200
Quickness: 1s
Ferocity: 20 for 1 sec
Recharge: 20 seconds

Dagger 3 with Torch offhand:

Consume Flames

Launch Blades that remove Burning from nearby foes and damage them. Gain Might and stock a Blade if you succesfully removed Burning from nearby foes.

Damage: 300 + 100 for each stack of Burning consumed.
Number of targets: 5
Blades Launched: 3
Blade
Recharge: 12 seconds

Dagger 3 with Focus offhand:
Unstable Bladestorm (same as before)

Launch a slow-moving, telekinetic storm of daggers that damages foes it passes through. With each interval, the bladestorm will fire blades at nearby enemies.

Damage: 550 (1.5)?
Number of targets: 5
Blades Launched: 3
Interval: 1½ seconds
Blade
Pierces
Range: 1,200

Dagger 3 with Pistol offhand:

Random Name

Throw your Dagger at your enemy, inflicting more damage per conditions on the target. Cripple foes who are Blind.

Damage: 150
Damage per condition: 100
Number of Targets: 3
Blade
Recharge: 6 seconds

Traits:

Dueling:
Desperate Decoy, Evasive Mirror are not really useful (kinda outdated in the current meta) so we need them reworked or replaced.

Inspiration: 
Mental Defense would need a reqork since I want to get rid of that phantasm alltogether.

Any ideas for those?

Edited by Kencu.5846
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Salt Mode.3780 said:

Lol these are actually pretty good ideas..too bad ANET isnt as creative. 

Honestly I'd be happy if focus 5 would actually do something in WvW. Idk if any other professions have a scenario when they have to use a certain weapon for 1 skill but the rest is completely garbage in large scale.

problem is anet has always tried to tie weapons with a phantasm for offhand anyways and it sucks balls because phantams are little to no impact now that they are nerfed 

back in the core days phantasms were strong because they stayed like a clone and you can shatter it because it counts as resource now that they are one and done they should make phantasms even more impactful not less impactful just look at iwarlock...literally used for only clone resource

• Like 3

I like Focus. I used it in WvW allot on Mesmer. Focus 5 works fine when you use it correctly, especially if you trait it to reflect projectiles along w the curtain. It stacks up vulnerability on the target and you can interupt w 4.

They should bake in the reflects into Mesmer focus imo but maybe then its too good. Not sure.

It also could add some other condi in addition to vuln if it needs a buff I guess. Cripple, poison or weakness perhaps?

Again Im not looking for changes to focus, but those would be off the top of my head things so suggest to buff it. => bake in reflects without trait, add condi scale option or stronger effects (cripple, poison, weakness, w/e) Or just leave it cause its the one reflect (when traited) option for Mesmer that doesnt use a utility slot.

Edited by Moradorin.6217